Thread: Hdtv

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Hdtv

I'm looking into buying an HDTV, preferably 1080p. I feel its time to move up from my old tube tv i have now.

Price is somewhat a concern, im looking to spend less than 1000 bucks (preferably closer to half that, but who am I kidding, 1080p comes with a hefty price tag )

Any pointers as to what to buy(things like brand, Plasma or LCD, that sort of thing) and where to buy it from?

Another thing im trying to find is a TV around 30-ish inches. A lot of places ive looked at dont even carry 1080p TV's that small.

The only reason i dont want to go for a 720p TV is because i dont want to buy technology that is already becoming obsolete (somewhat of an oxymoron, but you know what i mean). I'd rather spend more and get something that will last longer than saving money and having to upgrade anyways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i got my 37" 1080p westinghouse for about $1000 about a year ago from conns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Thanks

Always go LCD. In my opinion nothing is sharper than a bunch of machined squares. The best picture is obtained when the resolution matches the physical resolution of the screen (each dot is to each dot, where there's no interpolation or such). Of course that might actually be a problem with a regular TV but the picture will still rock.

"I create it, therefore it is." -WolfCoder

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZeikHunter View Post
    i got my 37" 1080p westinghouse for about $1000 about a year ago from conns.
    I just checked newegg and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16889234025R

Looks like the same one, and its got a fairly cheap pricetag in comparison to other's of similar specs... which makes me wonder about the quality of the TV. Does anybody know if Westinghouse a good/trustworthy brand?

Edit: Just noticed it is an open box item... that would explain the price.

After a little more browsing around I managed to find these as well:

$1000 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889210058
    Just over $1100 - http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sharp...oductDetail.do

Edit: Don't double post please. Use the edit button. - Michael

~~Sorry bout that, i just went straight the the message box at the bottom of the page without thinking -- my bad.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 11th-January-2008 at 04:38.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCoder View Post
    Always go LCD. In my opinion nothing is sharper than a bunch of machined squares. The best picture is obtained when the resolution matches the physical resolution of the screen (each dot is to each dot, where there's no interpolation or such). Of course that might actually be a problem with a regular TV but the picture will still rock.
    I disagree. Diamonds are sharper.
    I have Westinghouse 1080p as well and have nothing but good things to say about it. Although it being 1080p even "lesser" HD can look blurry. The price of future-proofing, I suppose.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 12th-January-2008 at 06:39.

Thanks

make sure to comparecontrast ratios, at that size and price your looking atan lcd since plasmas arnt that small. you wont get as good contrast as plasma but with lcd lighting wont be an issue. look into samsung they usually have the best contrast