Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Console Clones

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 62 Posts
    EP Points

Default Console Clones

So I was thinking about getting this. It's one of the few decent looking NES clones I've seen plus it claims it can play genesis games too.

I've never had any experience with clones though. Are there usually any compatibility issues? I heard some of these clones have sound inaccuracies. Still at $37 it might be worth it.

You can see a couple videos of it here.

Thanks

I never had one but I heard second hand that they stop working for no reason sometimes. I'd do some research before you buy one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Puppet View Post
    So I was thinking about getting this. It's one of the few decent looking NES clones I've seen plus it claims it can play genesis games too.

I've never had any experience with clones though. Are there usually any compatibility issues? I heard some of these clones have sound inaccuracies. Still at $37 it might be worth it.

You can see a couple videos of it here.
    I've never used a clone system but they look ok I guess - as you indicate $37 isnt a huge amount of cash so if it floats your boat you could probably spend it on worse things.

The people in the videos should be shot. Pair of cunts.
    Touch my twat.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

If you're going to play a cartridge, at least play it on the real console for god's sake

Thanks
    EP Points

ALL clones have issues, there are none without. Honestly Id wait it out and just pick up a cheap NES and Genesis. The last genesis I got was 5$, and the last NES was around the same. Just wait it out and get the real deal for cheaper

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a famiclone that plays nes and megadrive games.

Looks like a Hong Kong Megadrive.

Theres a thread I made about it ages ago.

I cant use the link provided because I'm at work,
    but mine couldnt play nes games only famicom.

Hope that helps in some way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I've never used a clone system but they look ok I guess - as you indicate $37 isnt a huge amount of cash so if it floats your boat you could probably spend it on worse things.

The people in the videos should be shot. Pair of cunts.
    Yeah, both videos suck, but the first pissed me off because of how fucking worthless it was.

If someone buys this thing and needs some fuckwad to tell him how to set it up, that person ought to be dragged out into the street, have his testicles forcibly removed, and then have the clone console shoved up his sorry ass sideways to boot.

Which coincidentally is the exact same fate that said fuckwad ought to have befall him.

Gotta love the second video, in which his buddy reiterates pretty-much everything the first douche said, as well as passes along information that I'm sure anyone who's interested in buying one can find anywhere themselves. And you don't have to have some annoying asshole talking at you to get that information that way.

EDIT: Love the part in the second video in which he recites the Konami code. I think that's so ingrained into society that even non-gamers know it. But hey, we get to hear some self-involved prick recite it, so um...yay?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 62 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Yeah, both videos suck, but the first pissed me off because of how fucking worthless it was.

If someone buys this thing and needs some fuckwad to tell him how to set it up, that person ought to be dragged out into the street, have his testicles forcibly removed, and then have the clone console shoved up his sorry ass sideways to boot.

Which coincidentally is the exact same fate that said fuckwad ought to have befall him.

Gotta love the second video, in which his buddy reiterates pretty-much everything the first douche said, as well as passes along information that I'm sure anyone who's interested in buying one can find anywhere themselves. And you don't have to have some annoying asshole talking at you to get that information that way.

EDIT: Love the part in the second video in which he recites the Konami code. I think that's so ingrained into society that even non-gamers know it. But hey, we get to hear some self-involved prick recite it, so um...yay?
    :X Yeah the videos both suck. This first one basically tells you how to unpackage something.
    They also claim it's exclusive to them yet it's on tons of other sites at a cheaper price. A side by side comparison between the original and the clone would've been nice, but that would've been useful, can't have that now can we.

Thanks
    EP Points

i second borman, shop around and see if you cant find some killer deals on the original systems.

Thanks

i have a generation nex and haven't had any problems with it... not to mention it's sexy slim and works with all existing nes hardware, plus sports wireless controllers.

http://www.buymessiah.com/store/prod...c8904aadeb0da7

Thanks
    EP Points

Except the whole not 100% compatible and the fact it costs 60$ lol. You can find a top loader NES for that pretty easily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Except the whole not 100% compatible and the fact it costs 60$ lol. You can find a top loader NES for that pretty easily
    i have the original and the top loader, stop being a bum borman :eyeball:

Thanks
    EP Points

Still, for someone looking to get into it, its not really a good choice at all :\

Thanks

anyone heard about the fc twin?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks
    EP Points

It uses the same crappy chip for the NES part SNES is still some cheap thing as well