Thread: Kingdom Hearts PCSX2 Emulation

Thanks

Default Kingdom Hearts PCSX2 Emulation

I know it's probably been asked about before. I'm not sure though. I did a bit of searching first so forgive me if I missed anything.

I'm trying to emulate Kingdom Hearts. I already have my own BIOs (from my PS2) and PCSX2 (I have the non-VM, the VM and the new beta, which is the one I mostly use)

I'm getting speeds at about 19FPS on Destiny Island. I heard there was a fast vm patch or something of the like. Does anyone know where I can find this patch. Also I'm having trouble using the patching system on PCSX2, even after reading instructions on how to do so.

Any help is appreciated.

Here are my specs:

PCSX2
    ZeroGS Kosmos 0.97.0
    P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 (sometimes I use ZeroSPU2 0.4.4 and try to run the game without sound, it doesn't make it much faster)

Windows Vista 32-bit (running PCSX2 in compatibility mode for service pack 2)
    2 AMD Athalon 64 Dual Core 4200+ Processors (2.20GHz each)
    1GB Ram (I wish I had two, I might have like an extra 512 laying around... maybe I can put that into this PC)
    ATI Raideon X1300PRO Graphics Card (512MB)

Thanks in advance. ~Sora

Thanks

My advice, you said you has a PS2, go out and buy the game, it'll be cheap and it'll run at full speed. PS2 emulation is still a bit weak, and KH isn't a hard game to find. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.
    12/26/07-Never Forget
    PM me if you know what that is in regards to

Thanks

Default somewhere...

That's fine, it's just that I have seen other people do it successfully. I have also heard that running it from DVD-Rom is better than mounting it anyways. I haven't confirmed this 100%. It's hard to tell cause the compatibility isn't much. Either way, I'd like to see if I can get it working more. Anyone know where this patch went off to. I know I saw a link forever ago for it. o.O

But yea, I think it is cool that is works at all.

I have beaten this game quite a few times on PS2, I just wanted to see if my computer could run it.