Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated/Unappreciated games.

Thanks

Default Underrated/Unappreciated games.

So what are some of those games that didn't have hype *coughCOD4/Halo3* but were still amazing inside out? Some that were looked at once, but upon further playing, you felt was an awesome game?

You can post how many ever games you can think of, doesn't have to be just one. Any date, platform, console, genre and game is allowed.

Mine are not in order and just off the top of my head.

1: PREY
    2: Viva Pinata
    3: Shenmue I & II
    4: The Elder Scrolls: MORROWIND
    5: Jet Set/Grind Radio
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks

I would certainly agree with the Shenmue games. However, I am having a hard time seeing Prey on this list. That game isn't anything special. Not terrible, just not great. Also, Morrowind is pretty appreciated.

I'm not sure what games I would pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Eternal Darkness. One of the best games I have ever played IMO and I never hear anything about it. It would figure in my Gamecube top ten.

Thanks

Yeah I have to agree I struggled with putting prey on there, but the truth is it was the reason I thought of this thread. I played the demo for the 360, and had a blast with it. I wondered how so many people missed it. I loved being abducted in the beginning and Blue Oyster Cult blasting on the jukebox. It was badass. The story was decent, though seemed a bit scripted, and the graphics were good, but not really next gen. I thought online was fun as well, but still just a normal FPS with the ability to run out of your body and all over walls, which was pretty neat, but a little confusing.
    Over all, I thought it was great, but not amazing. I just though it was underrated because games like Halo 2/3, have created weird and specific standards now, and some of these good fps don't get credit and are overpassed because no one's heard about them. To me, Halo used to be innovative, but anymore, no. All the newer games have caught on to what Halo has to offer and then some. I'm not bashing Halo, as I do love it, I'm just sick of this hype over a basic game. I didn't like the story line to it and how master Chief became a mascot, is beyond me. Guess it's because Halo was the first blockbuster hit on the xbox and it turned into such a hyped franchise.

Eh..

Morrowind is held high, but a lot of people surprisingly haven't heard about it.
    It's a beloved and popular game, but not hyped about ,which is a good thing. I think most people have played Oblivion, but not Morrowind. Which is a shame, because they're two different games. That gave me reason to think many people passed up on this game.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 10th-December-2007 at 03:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Morrowind is held high, but a lot of people surprisingly haven't heard about it.
    It's a beloved and popular game, but not hyped about ,which is a good thing. I think most people have played Oblivion, but not Morrowind. Which is a shame, because they're two different games. That gave me reason to think many people passed up on this game.
    Morrowind is the shit.

Believe it or not, I was one of the few in my school who knew about it. Same with Zelda. I still play it occasionly 'cause it kicks ass. I even made a presentation about it with Flash for my I.T class.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkei View Post
    Morrowind is the shit.

Believe it or not, I was one of the few in my school who knew about it. Same with Zelda. I still play it occasionly 'cause it kicks ass. I even made a presentation about it with Flash for my I.T class.
    Me too bro. I remember this kid in my neighborhood bought it, and I was like what the fuck? It blew my mind. He showed me all these things you could do and I was amazed. I bought it the next week, right before I moved and played the hell out of it. I had a lot of time to play it, not knowing anyone and having friends yet at my new place.

I still have it and love it

I got Zelda for SNES on accident. I think I was 5. I meant to get pitfall or something, but I got Z:LttP instead (thank God). My mom helped me read and comprehend some of the things that were going on, but I beat it and have loved Zelda ever since.

(Beautiful, I know.)

XD

Jet force Gemini and Donkey Kong 64 were underrated in my opinion. Have any of you played Silicon Valley for the 64?

Thanks
    EP Points

Silicon Valley for the 64?
    Yeah, I used to play the shit out of that

Thanks

Hang on, I thought of a game. My brother used to read the Wheel of Time books all the time. So he ended up buying the pc game for it. I gave the game a shot during a boring day and found it to be quite enjoyable. It is definitely underrated.
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Yeah, I used to play the shit out of that
    Lmao, wow! I thought I may the only one who has ever owned it, let alone played/heard of it! I forget how it even played now that I think of it, but it was defiantly awesome. The only thing I really remember, is being a tick like microchip and having to go inside these robot-animal-like things, and getting to certain parts of the level that were set up kind of like a puzzle.

I feel like youtubing that up now... XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Lmao, wow! I thought I may the only one who has ever owned it, let alone played/heard of it! I forget how it even play now, but it was awesome. Only thing I really remember, is being a tick like chip and having to go inside these animals robots, and getting to certain parts of the level, kind of like a puzzle.

I feel like youtubing that up now... XD
    I was trying to remember it too

And what you've remembered is exactly what I remembered. The chip that moves from animal to animal. I remember the sheep were pretty funny to control...

Thanks

Haha yeah. I remember getting very frustrated with it as well I think it was very glitchy and touche at some parts haha.

Sprung - http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vDb2eYekkM

=D

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha yeah. I remember getting very frustrated with it as well I think it was very glitchy and touche at some parts haha.
    I might have to look on Ebay and grab a cheap cartridge

Thanks

The PC game SWAT 4, That game is freakin awesome yet I never heard to much talk about it

"Upload what you’ve downloaded, and then some." aXXo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00122509 View Post
    The PC game SWAT 4, That game is freakin awesome yet I never heard to much talk about it
    Indeed. I have it right here, too bad I can't play it due to shitty video card, but one day I'll be able to play it again.

Thanks

I might have to look on Ebay and grab a cheap cartridge
    Nice, wish I still had a 64. Did you check out the video?

00122509 - I hardly played 4 much, but it looked good. I actually played the 3rd one a lot. I used to be pretty good online, and I thought it was fun when it was in its prime.