Thread: Shining Force CD keeps hanging

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Shining Force CD keeps hanging

Shining Force CD keeps hanging on the second book, right after Gordon tells the person (I can't think of his name, but the guy just sacrificed a king...) that the prince would come even without backup, and leaves. He gets to the door, then the emulator hangs up, leaving about half of the guy's pixels on the screen.

I'm using the Gens emulator (version 2.11) with these settings and bios.

Graphic:
    Render- Normal
    Sprite Limit is checked
    Frame Skip- Auto

Bios:
    us_scd2_9306.bin
    eu_mcd1_9210.bin
    jp_mcd1_9112.bin

Sega CD SRAM size: 64 kb

And the sound is disabled (mainly because the computer I have it on doesn't have any speakers. Or at least any functioning speakers.).

So, any ideas? If you need more info, let me know. And I can't post a pic, because the computer I have the emulator and rom on don't have internet access.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like you have a bad ISO.

You could try copying the Shining Force BRM file in the Gens folder to Kega Fusion (which is a better emulator) and continuing your game with Kega Fusion from your last in-game save point.

Get Kega Fusion from here:
    http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=kega

You could also try the latest version of GENS too, which would be "Gens 2.14 win32 binary":
    http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml

Thanks
    EP Points

You can also try the Perfect Synchro button in the options. It fixed a bug or two for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Sounds like you have a bad ISO.

You could try copying the Shining Force BRM file in the Gens folder to Kega Fusion (which is a better emulator) and continuing your game with Kega Fusion from your last in-game save point.

Get Kega Fusion from here:
    http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=kega

You could also try the latest version of GENS too, which would be "Gens 2.14 win32 binary":
    http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    You can also try the Perfect Synchro button in the options. It fixed a bug or two for me.
    I'm downloading Kega Fusion and the other GENS emulator now, just in case Evans's idea doesn't work. Thanks.

Update: Evans, your idea fixed it. Thanks again

Update2: Meh, it won't let me revive anybody or save the game with GENS (while perfect synchro is on), so I am currently playing on the Kega emulator SegNin linked. Seems to be working perfectly so far, now if only it'll keep my in-game saves (for some reason GENS had stopped doing that as well, so I used save states to bypass that flaw)...
    Last edited by Tanthias; 24th-December-2007 at 06:33.