Thread: Best PS2 boot disc?

Thanks

Default Best PS2 boot disc?

Heyo people, I might get a PS2 soon and was interested in a boot disc. The PS2 I will get is a silver slim one. So far I have found this one.

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/magickeys38order.php

It looked pretty good to me. However, will it be able to load PS1 games too? If this one is not good, what's a good one to get?
    You got whacked cuz your weak. Magus, Chrono Trigger
    "is da anus also known as her bellybutton?!1" - The Stupidest Teenager on Earth

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The disk you linked to is good for PS2 games, but you're gonna have to snag a PS1 boot disk in order to load games for that system on your PS2. Google 'Breaker Pro', as I've heard that's a good one. Don't have any experience with it myself, as I just use a Gameshark to load up PS1 games, but whatever. Look it up.

Also, DA. Bring it back now.

Thanks
    EP Points

You could try this: http://www.epforums.org/method-booti...x.html?t=48358

edit: crap you'll have a slim, nevermind.

Thanks

I use Swap Magic, but it doesn't boot PSX games (if you look in my signature, theres a method for doing it without any modchip/bootdisc, but idk if it works on the PS2 Slim).

Google for 'Swap Magic' or 'Swap Method'

Also, another alternative is the 'Flip Top' method, where you take off the cover of the PS2 (of course voiding the warranty) and replace it with a custom made case that has a cover over the CD that opens up.....its really fast and easy but is really for those who are more competent to be able to install it in the first place.
    Ever wanted to know how to boot burned PSX games on a PS2 without any swap disc or modchip?

Follow This Thread to find out how!

I take no credit for the aforementioned method, I just take credit for telling others about it. It is not my method, and I am not responsible if you f*ck up your console following this method.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, it works on the PS2 slim just fine. I can't quite remember if there's any extra steps required to get it working, but I know that it worked for certain as I used to use it all the time to play Symphony of the Night on my PS2.

EDIT: Oh yeah....http://www.epforums.org/ps2-slide-ca...x.html?t=24710 - Right.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 22nd-November-2007 at 18:41.

Thanks

the easiest thing to do is get a fliptop and swap magic discs. to play ps1 youll have to do the swap trick.

everything is really easy so dont worry.

Thanks

I just got an Action Replay Max that came with a 16MB memory card. I see there's a way to get it to load backups, but I don't like th emethod with having to open the PS2. Is there any other way to use the Max Drive to load a backup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hipoccolos View Post
    I just got an Action Replay Max that came with a 16MB memory card. I see there's a way to get it to load backups, but I don't like th emethod with having to open the PS2. Is there any other way to use the Max Drive to load a backup?
    What method are you refering to? If I'm not mistaken you can load homebrew apps with ARMAX such as HDLoader and use it to run copies from a hard drive connected to your PS2. As far as actually running burned discs without modding or Swap Magic...I'm at a loss for how to do that yet.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Oh, the method I referred to was tape and tissue. You put some tape and tissue paper over three censors, but one of them requires opening the PS2.

I've also heard of a memory card exploit, but that apparently only works on older PS2's, not my slim PS2. :/