Thread: Problem with Point Blank

Thanks

Default Problem with Point Blank

Hey guys,

So I burned the game called Point Blank yesterday, and I went to go play it, since I wanted a new game to play with my GunCom, but it didn't work. I have the GunCom2 that came with Time Crisis 3, and its I guess made for the PS2 since it plugs into the USB port.

So do anyone know if I would be able to use this or if its just a wasted effort? Because I was about to download Point Blank 2 + 3 but after no success here I think I'll spare my time.

Any help is appreciated.
    Ever wanted to know how to boot burned PSX games on a PS2 without any swap disc or modchip?

Follow This Thread to find out how!

I take no credit for the aforementioned method, I just take credit for telling others about it. It is not my method, and I am not responsible if you f*ck up your console following this method.

Thanks

I just checked on wikipedia and this game only works with the LightGun and is not GunCon compatible.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    I just checked on wikipedia and this game only works with the LightGun and is not GunCon compatible.
    Are you positive? Wikipedia is inaccurate then.

Take a look at this scan of the back cover.

It CLEARLY says "For use with the Namco Guncon" on the back cover.

Not trying to say "I"m right, you're wrong", but wikipedia must be inaccurate, or the makers of the game were lying to us!
    Ever wanted to know how to boot burned PSX games on a PS2 without any swap disc or modchip?

I take no credit for the aforementioned method, I just take credit for telling others about it. It is not my method, and I am not responsible if you f*ck up your console following this method.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Point Blank is compatible with the G-con (I have the bundle pack Namco made when the game was released), but perhaps not with the G-con 2 you are using. Most PS2 games work with the first gun, not sure about G-con2 and PSX games on PS2 consoles..

Just read what wikipedia says, it's just a general reference to light gun devices.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 21st-November-2007 at 17:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

G-CON2 being USB it's not going to be compatible with the PS1 G-CON1 games, really it's common sense is it not?

Thanks

I must have been looking at the wrong game then. I have a PSX GunCon and I noticed that it has an RCA video passthrough plug (PSX video to GunCon passthrough plug to TV) which I believe may be why the GunCon 2 doesn't work (if that is what your are using if I'm reading correctly).
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    I must have been looking at the wrong game then. I have a PSX GunCon and I noticed that it has an RCA video passthrough plug (PSX video to GunCon passthrough plug to TV) which I believe may be why the GunCon 2 doesn't work (if that is what your are using if I'm reading correctly).
    Yea, that actually is the setup I'm using, and I guess it is because its a G-con 2, not a PSX G-con.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    G-CON2 being USB it's not going to be compatible with the PS1 G-CON1 games, really it's common sense is it not?
    It is, but then again if I can use the PS2 Dual shock controller with PSX games, shouldn't the same backwards compatibility apply for the G-con games?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Point Blank is compatible with the G-con (I have the bundle pack Namco made when the game was released), but perhaps not with the G-con 2 you are using. Most PS2 games work with the first gun, not sure about G-con2 and PSX games on PS2 consoles..

Just read what wikipedia says, it's just a general reference to light gun devices.
    Yea, well I guess if I really want to play it I can always use the Dualshock, but I wouldn't mind getting my hand on one of these PSX G-cons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l337killa07 View Post
    It is, but then again if I can use the PS2 Dual shock controller with PSX games, shouldn't the same backwards compatibility apply for the G-con games?
    The reason the G-CON2 doesn't work is because the PS2 has no USB access in PSX mode so all USB devices will not work for PSX games. Which is not really that big of a deal since no USB devices were made for PSX games in the first place.

The reason the Dual Shock 2 controller works with PSX games is that one, if you only have a PS2 with PSX games and never had a PSX you would be screwed when trying to play them on the PS2 killing the backwards compatibility, and 2, the Dual Shock 2 controller is only a slightly modified version of the Dual Shock controller and for PSX games it is still detected as a Dual Shock controller but does not take advantage of the pressure sensitive buttons which is the only difference between them other then the color. You can even use a PS2 controller as a Dual Shock controller on an actual PSX because of this.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel