Thread: has anyone had an error in chrono cross??

crono_2k2 Guest

Question has anyone had an error in chrono cross??

after a lot of trouble i finally managed to get chrono cross working on my pc. I've played it without any problems untill i arrived at mount Pyro. i had to Defeat Mini-Dragon in order to continue. The battle didn't give me that much trouble, but after that i got a major problem. I heared the music you always hear after a battle, but the menu with 'serge hp +1' etc. didn't appear. The screen just stayed black. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Can i use a cheat to skip the battle and continue? Or maybe someone has passed that part of the game and can send me a savegame... please help me. :'(

Locusts Guest

u could try loading the chrono cross cheat/patch that is included in the espxe package.... there is a button that toggles it on and off (one of the F's) but i forget which one

crono_2k2 Guest

ok ill try that.
    in the meantime, any other suggestions are still welcome!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I've played the whole game through and through with VGS. You should try using that..
    Just make an epsxe savestate, convert it to VGS, and go on

Thanks

you have to press f7, this is for epsxe, the new version 1.5 > u dont have to press anything
    BEER!!! The cause, and solution to all lifes problems

This is my holy grail people

I beat the internet, the end boss was hard

Thanks

I ran into an error when I reached the castle. Whenever I tried to walk around, they would walk in a zig-zag, even though I was holding one direction. This got really annoying, and I couldn't figure out a way to fix it, and since I didn't feel like starting all over, I just stopped playing the game. This happened in ePSXe and since I don't have a CD Burner, I can't play it with any other emulators unless they allow you to run ISOS.

crono_2k2 Guest

Originally posted by MasJ
    Well, I've played the whole game through and through with VGS. You should try using that..
    ok maybe i should try VGS but how do you convert epsxe savestates to something VGS is compatible with?

VegaOrion Guest

Originally posted by MasJ

Tell me more about downloading games 4 VGS. What do you have to do?

1 2 beam up

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to aldostools.com and you should be able to find a mempack tool there..

gotenks_2322 Guest

also if u dont have a cd burner, use virtual daemon for vgs
    http://www.daemon-tools.com/cgi-bin/...?daemon311.zip

a great utility, but 1 drawback. i installed final fantasy 7 on my pc before i had virtual daemon, well vd(virtual daemon) emulates a cd drive, actually creating a new one. well since i installed vd, the new REAL cd drive was E:/ instead of /, now i have to reinstall ff7 because it refers to / , but that is now the emulated drive.

so just make sure ya know what ya doin when ya get virtual daemon. it does make things run faster though cuz its from ya hd instead of cd.

Thanks

There is some known problems in Chrono Cross under epsxe. Try enable special fix in Pete's OpenGL or D3D called Framebuffer read and Framebuffer read on move to fix most of the problem.

They are hot, aren't they??