Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General PS3 Q&A

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    But if somebody can clarify that, oh... say... this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16879555002 headset would work with my PS3, i would greatly appreciate it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT125-Bl.../dp/B000J4HCBM

That's the headset that comes with Warhawk, least I'm pretty sure on it. It's only 25 dollars on amazon, about the same price if you were to buy warhawk with headset.

About Assassin's Creed, lets hope Ubisoft doesn't delay that game for PS3, just have feelings they will since they were having problems with both consoles at the moment. Think the problem for 360 was with disc space and with PS3 it was the memory, I'm hoping both problems were resolved since this game is looking awesome. Think I might have the mom and dad buy it for me for Christmas though, unless Haze bombs, but Uncharted looks so good. November is looking so good for both consoles, I never follow up on Wii but I think Super Mario Galaxy is coming out though.
    [

Thanks
    EP Points

$270? How? Im interested...

Thanks

$270? How? Im interested...
    Errr $370, my fault.

When I had bought this 20gb mp3 player from Amazon last year (which got stole n ) my dad signed up for their credit card and they gave us $30 off the purchase, so thats how it would save the money.

Sorry, I typed that post after having to work the 3rd straight 9-hour day...not particularly on top of my typing game at the moment =\
    Ever wanted to know how to boot burned PSX games on a PS2 without any swap disc or modchip?

Follow This Thread to find out how!

I take no credit for the aforementioned method, I just take credit for telling others about it. It is not my method, and I am not responsible if you f*ck up your console following this method.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is Jabra better than Motorola?

PS - can a mod or admin change the title of this thread to something like General PS3 Q & A?

Thanks
    EP Points

Done \()./

Thanks
    EP Points

dont remember what i heard:

does the ps3 come with old school AV cables (Red, white, and yellow) for us with old school tv's or do i have to buy that separately?

Thanks
    EP Points

does the ps3 come with old school AV cables (Red, white, and yellow) for us with old school tv's or do i have to buy that separately?
    Yes, it comes with the R/W/Y cables

Thanks

yes it does

Thanks
    EP Points

cool, that makes things a little bit better...

but Army of 2 got delayed. I hope the same doesnt apply for Assassin's Creed or I'm not getting a PS3 till probably around new year's.

Just wondering: Is there much of a homebrew scene on the PS3? Havent heard much on the subject.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 25th-October-2007 at 00:56.

Thanks

I got a feeling Assassin's Creed is gonna get delayed. Check out www.ps3-hacks.com/ for any homebrew for ps3. But there isn't much yet. According to legend Pardox or someone has a ISO Loader for PS3 but is hiding it like drugs from your parents. Hope it actually is true and releases here someday, then I'll have a reason to upgrade my HDD.

If you want, you can install linux and have a few emulators on your PS3. I've never done it so I don't know how to get blue tooth and all that working for the PS3 controller, but I'm sure you can ask around somewhere or at least google it. Oh yeah, you have to use emulators for the PPC arch. So it really limits what you can do, sadly.
    [

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds pretty cool being as its still in the early stages, I'll probably wait a while before i get into that stuff, but eventually i probably will.

An Iso loader would be pretty nifty

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crow View Post
    I got a feeling Assassin's Creed is gonna get delayed. Check out www.ps3-hacks.com/ for any homebrew for ps3. But there isn't much yet. According to legend Pardox or someone has a ISO Loader for PS3 but is hiding it like drugs from your parents. Hope it actually is true and releases here someday, then I'll have a reason to upgrade my HDD.

If you want, you can install linux and have a few emulators on your PS3. I've never done it so I don't know how to get blue tooth and all that working for the PS3 controller, but I'm sure you can ask around somewhere or at least google it. Oh yeah, you have to use emulators for the PPC arch. So it really limits what you can do, sadly.
    It surprises me that not much has been in development for PS3 linux. When a mainstream system comes out with the ability to play homebrew natively, no one does any work on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

The problem is that Sony restricted access to the graphics processor, so while the Cell is relatively open, its hard to produce graphics of any quality when you cant use the GPU

Thanks
    EP Points

I know that, but I mean, I don't even hear about anything related to something like SNES emulation

Thanks

Well snes9x works for sure, and I've hear fceultra works. I don't have a usb keyboard though so I haven't test out ps3 linux yet. Plus I'm kind of scared about what kboot will look like
    [