Thread: why does killer instinct 2 run so slow?

Thanks

Default why does killer instinct 2 run so slow?

I have 3 different mame emulators including the latest version and when I run killer instinct 2 the game runs real slow for some reason.I have no idea why.all my other games for mame run with no problem.I have the killer instinct 2 chd file and everything but the game run slow for some reason.I also tried downloading killer instinct gold(which is the same game,different system) for n64 emulator and I have the same problems.how can i fix the problem on mame though so that KI 2 will run faster?

Thanks
    EP Points

One of the perils of MAME emulating such a broad range of games is that it can't always be optimised for individual titles, such as the Killer Insinct series. Sadly they don't run very well as you're finding out. You need to try U64Emu, which is a dedicated KI emulator.
    http://www.zophar.net/arcade.html
    Last edited by Cosmic; 12th-October-2007 at 21:48.

Thanks

aight i downloaded the u64emu.but how do I configure this thing to work with the game?I have both killer instinct 2 and gold.how do i get the game to run with the emulator and how do i configure the joysticks?

Thanks
    EP Points

Uh, the front-end should be more or less self explanatory. Just unzip the small KI2 archive somewhere; I'll say C:\KI2 for now. Copy the big hard-drive image into that same folder, open U64Emu and either navigate to where the game is stored or paste the folder name (C:\KI2 again for this example) into each field. As for configuring joysticks, just click Input Settings and go from there.

Thanks

I tried that and here's the error message I got:failed to open rom image ki2-l14.u98.It also said a unnamed file was found.do u have any other suggestions for me?how do i get this game to open

I downloaded both u64emu 1 and 2 and I cant get them to work with the game

which killer instinct 2 file do u have?I have Kller instinct 2 v(1.4)
    Last edited by Reezy; 12th-October-2007 at 22:14.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    One of the perils of MAME emulating such a broad range of games is that it can't always be optimised for individual titles, such as the Killer Insinct series. Sadly they don't run very well as you're finding out. You need to try U64Emu, which is a dedicated KI emulator.
    http://www.zophar.net/arcade.html
    It's not that MAME haven't gotten round to optimising it. The philosophy of MAME is to emulate the hardware as accurately as they can. The U64 only emulates what's really necessary to get the game running.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    It's not that MAME haven't gotten round to optimising it. The philosophy of MAME is to emulate the hardware as accurately as they can. The U64 only emulates what's really necessary to get the game running.
    do u have any suggestions on how I can get this game to work with the u64 emulator?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sorry, I forgot to give you the link for the Killer Instinct 2 CHD file:
    http://www.geocities.com/traiklin/index.htm

Some arcade games need their CHD files or they won't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot to give you the link for the Killer Instinct 2 CHD file:
    http://www.geocities.com/traiklin/index.htm

Some arcade games need their CHD files or they won't work.
    thanks but I already have the chd file.its just that killer instinct 2 runs so slow with the mame emulator for some reason.thats why i was trying to find a way to make it work with the u64emu emulator but nobody is tellin me how to do it

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    I tried that and here's the error message I got:failed to open rom image ki2-l14.u98.It also said a unnamed file was found.do u have any other suggestions for me?how do i get this game to open

I downloaded both u64emu 1 and 2 and I cant get them to work with the game

which killer instinct 2 file do u have?I have Kller instinct 2 v(1.4)
    Extract the rom files from kinst2 to a folder, and remove the file that doesn't belong--it's probably a text file or html file.

Then download this:
    http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...wrom&id=811993

It contains the ki2-l14.u98 file that's missing from the kinst2 zip.

Extract the ki2-l14.u98 file, add it to the kinst2 folder, then zip all the rom files together, and name the zip file:

kinst2.zip

Then try the rom with u64emu

And why that file isn't included with kinst2, when kinst2 is considered the parent rom is beyond me.

Thanks

The thing is that U64 uses it's own format for those hard drive files, ki.img and ki2.img. You'll have to find a download link for them or you can convert your CHD to IMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Extract the rom files from kinst2 to a folder, and remove the file that doesn't belong--it's probably a text file or html file.

Then download this:
    http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...wrom&id=811993

It contains the ki2-l14.u98 file that's missing from the kinst2 zip.

Extract the ki2-l14.u98 file, add it to the kinst2 folder, then zip all the rom files together, and name the zip file:

kinst2.zip

Then try the rom with u64emu

And why that file isn't included with kinst2, when kinst2 is considered the parent rom is beyond me.

I have to leave the files extracted otherwise the game wont work with u64emu at all.I downloaded the file you gave me and extracted it and added it to my folder.when I try to run it I got an error message saying:Ultra64 emulator has encountered a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.then it asks me to debug or close,i click debug run it again and get the same error message.I get this same error message with U64emu and U64emu2.

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    The thing is that U64 uses it's own format for those hard drive files, ki.img and ki2.img. You'll have to find a download link for them or you can convert your CHD to IMG

I renamed the kinst2.chd file to ki2.img and it still isnt working.Im still getting that same error message.is there anything else I can do to get this to work

Thanks

Renaming doesn't work. The file is different somewhat so you need a program to do it.

This worked for me so try this
    Download CHDman here http://www.mamechannel.it/pages/utilities.php

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

I found the correct killer instinct 2 files for the u64emu right here:http://killerinstinctonline.net/foru....php?topic=8.0

all that time I didnt even have the right img file.its way bigger than the killer instinct 2 chd file.thanks for the help though again yall,I really apperciate it