Thread: Radiohead.

DeViOuS Guest

Default Radiohead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead's_seventh_studio_album

This is so badass. Radiohead is a great band and ahead of our time I believe. Not only is their music great, different, and generally...out there, but the things they do are too. I just found this out, it was actually on the news. And now, I'm off to download their new fucking record. =]]

Thanks
    EP Points

You have to pay whatever you think it's worth to download.

However there are a shit load of torrents on the internet. For the people too bastardish to donate, to them.

Anyway. I was made to download this today for my mam. She loves them. Personally I think they went shit after The Bends.

DeViOuS Guest

They're not shit now, however they did go in the wrong direction like a lot of older artits tend to do. Mainly they start off amazing and then run out of amazing ideas and get older and lose a bit of talent and what not. This doesn't happen to everyone, but calling them "shitty" after many years og greatness is a bit cliche. I do agree to a certain extent. They went from trippy/awesome to boring/awesome.

Thanks

Are you guys nuts? The Bends is my favourite record too, but they havent since released a record that wasn't outstanding. Including In Rainbows, it's ace.

DeViOuS Guest

Me, nuts? I don't think so considering I'm the one who posted this thread. =P I love radiohead. Their new album is awesome, it's just like their other ones, yet different. Like an artist should make records. ^_-

Thanks

Heh, The Bends is my favorite album by them. Followed by Kid A. But this new record sounds awesome as well, I like "House of Cards".

But oh well, don't expect an unbiased review of Radiohead from me, I'm such a fanboy of those guys.

DeViOuS Guest

I love 'there there' and 'everything in its right place' the most. They're so good and mellow yet trippy as hell. But My favorite is Jigsaw Falling Into Place from their new album.

The voices in the background... =D

Bad-fuckin'-ass.

Thanks

Kid A doesn't get enough love.

Thanks

the album is only encoded at 160kbps mp3 so I'm going to purchase the box set

DeViOuS Guest

Kid A is tied with The Bends.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kenney View Post
    Kid A doesn't get enough love.
    Indeed, and I dunno, OK Computer was awesome and all, but Kid A defeats it...heh, now I sound like my brother.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, um...I might download this. I'm kind of...more or less sick to death of all of Radiohead's stuff at this point, but that's only because I listened to it way too much as a teen. So I'm really interested in the prospect of a batch of new songs...

And I agree with Slim and Fer. I like all their albums. But I think the Bends, Kid A, and OK Computer are a cut above the rest. I probably like the Bends the best. There's not a single song on that album that I don't like. Still, Kid A comes really close. And OK Computer is pretty good too, but... I only ever found myself liking about 3/4 of the songs on it. That's pretty good when you consider how many bands release albums where only one song is really worth listening to, and when you consider just how good most of those that fell into those 3/4 were. But...maa... For me it's still a little below the other two.

Anyway, yeah. Totally going to go listen to this now. :3

Thanks

i am waiting on the discbox at the moment. it will be worth it. because of that, i only payed a few euros for the download. i wouldn't feel right getting it for free.

i think that it is the cd that needed to be put out at this moment. i couldn't be happier.

OK COmputer is my favorite cd of all time (namely because of the impact it put on me when i first heard it) but Kid A/Amnesiac are the best. hands down.

and it's weird, Kid A is their most-sold too.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks
    EP Points

yup Radiohead is the shit. I think it's in my top ten list thingy's that keep cropping up here.