Thread: PSP Custom Firmware (Open Edition -> M33)

Thanks

Default PSP Custom Firmware (Open Edition -> M33)

Hey all!

Once again I am finding myself in a position in which I need to upgrade my CFW for my PSP, however I am not sure if the update is all that necessary.

Currently, I'm running Dark_Alex's custom firmware, 3.40 OE-A. I have heard that as of recently Dark Alex has retired and thus he no longer is developing, although a NEW firmware, known as M33 has been developed and released.

I have a few questions.

1.) What can and CANT be done on M33? Are there any limitations to it, when compared to OE-A of 3.40?
    2.) What are the advantages of upgrading to M33?
    3.) If I upgrade to M33, can anyone recommend a good homebrew program for taking screenshots of what is happening on my PSP? IE if I want to take a screenshot of my XMB, for example?
    4.) If I were to upgrade to the latest M33, how would I go about to upgrade to that from my 3.40 OE-A?

Thanks in advance guys

Thanks

I use M33-4 and it's excellent. Pops compatibility is way better and No-UMD has 100% compatibility (so GTA VCS is playable without needing a random UMD)

I wouldn't know about upgrading from that particular firmware though, when I got my PSP I went straight to M33.

Thanks

Thanks, that sounds all good and stuff, btu I was wondering if anyone could answer any of my questions?

Thanks

The biggest advantage is the ISO loader. Secondly, you'll have the usual features of 3.52.

There's an app called SVC for taking screenshots. It was made for an older firmware but it still works on 3.52 M33.

Guide for installing 3.52 M33.
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

And you can get update 4 here
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1231

And a guide for installing 3.52 m33-4 in one go.
    http://www.stylemo.com/2007/09/14/ho...4-on-your-psp/

Thanks

Ok all done but I chose to play a PSX game, enabled POPs in the recovery menu, however now it wont run and it shuts down. I've chosne "3.52 POPs" from the menu I was presented with....what went wrong? =/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonWesker View Post
    Ok all done but I chose to play a PSX game, enabled POPs in the recovery menu, however now it wont run and it shuts down. I've chosne "3.52 POPs" from the menu I was presented with....what went wrong? =/
    Pops requires some files before it works properly. I had to learn that the hard way.

Add these to your "\seplugins\popsloader" folder. Overwrite any files as necessary, I didn't know exactly which files were needed, so I just rar'd them all. Since they're all read only, it shouldn't affect anything by just overwriting.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z529642D