Thread: NiGHTS into Dreams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 62 Posts
    EP Points

Default NiGHTS into Dreams

I'm new to saturn emulation and I really want to play NiGHTS into Dreams, but I don't know which emulator I should use. My computer has a Pentium 4 2.2 GHz CPU and a Geforce 6200 video card. Which emulator would give me the best speeds with my computer?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Ok, the best saturn emulator out there bar none is SSF,
    goto http://www.ngemu.com/saturn
    SSF v 0.08R11

however your CPU needs to support SSE2 if its a genuine Pentium 4 then you will have SSE2, if its a Celeron then it probably will not.

Secondly, You'll need a Saturn Bios you can get it here at emuparadise under emulation extras on the main page.

Thirdly you'll need either a nights into dreams retail CD Saturn software, a burnt copy or a disk image, in any case get Alcohol 120% free 30day trial to burn, and most preferably mount the Disk image through the use of a virtual drive (setup under 120% ) OK

I really can't tell you about performace SSF is more CPU than GPU intensive but your CPU is a little slow but I'd say you may be able to play nights.
    My cpu is an AMD 64 3200+ which is significantly faster but nights was nice and smooth so...

anyway good luck, and remember a real saturn and real nights would cost you like $30 - $50 and plays better than any emulated version.
    Platforms: Dreamcast, Xbox, GCN, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, Xbox360, PC-DVD ROM
    ----------------------
    hopefully you know there is no flaw in the ps3 that sony made, the graphics of the ps3 will not be touched by anything other than movies... its a supercomputer on a chip, nothing can hope to rival ps3s graphics...no gpu quad setup can compete with the ps3, the ps3has supercomputer + power...and we have yet to see 10% of ps3 displayed, and there is no 100%, so please try another argument
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1915911

Thanks
    EP Points

If your computer has a Celeron then you could always go with Cassini/Girigiri.

Thanks

How hard is it to find Sega Saturn ISOs?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Not very, if you know where to look.

www.underground-gamer.com [private, torrent tracker].
    www.snesorama.us/board [not private, iso links].

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Easy

coolrom.com

a non bull shit
    no sign up crap

just a good old HTML list and Rom, Iso downloads!
    Platforms: Dreamcast, Xbox, GCN, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, Xbox360, PC-DVD ROM
    ----------------------
    hopefully you know there is no flaw in the ps3 that sony made, the graphics of the ps3 will not be touched by anything other than movies... its a supercomputer on a chip, nothing can hope to rival ps3s graphics...no gpu quad setup can compete with the ps3, the ps3has supercomputer + power...and we have yet to see 10% of ps3 displayed, and there is no 100%, so please try another argument
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1915911

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 62 Posts
    EP Points

Got NiGHTS to run in SSF, only about at a frame a second though. Might just have to get a better computer =P

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Puppet View Post
    Got NiGHTS to run in SSF, only about at a frame a second though. Might just have to get a better computer =P
    Well since SSF does work, even though it's slow. Try Girigiri/Cassini 3.