Thread: Model 2 issues Daytona.

Thanks

Default Model 2 issues Daytona.

I'm using the excellent Sega Model 2 Emulator

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/descargas.php

All the roms I have used Virtual ON, Sega Rally, and Sega 24hr GT have all worked as well as can be emulated except for the 1 rom I really really want to play.

Daytona.

Nebula when it does not like the rom structure will drop out a console informing the user of what files are missing. In my case its six files mpr-XsomenumbersHereX, 1024kb;s
    Problem is thay are the right files only nebula is looking for 2048kb versions of them. In fact i've gone ingame with datona by simply re-naming some of the other roms that happen to be 2048kbs to shut nebula up and I do get ingame demo and all except weird crap like uh no car textures, and I fly off the track into void at the start (expected since i did screw with the roms)

so...
    1) every daytona download I have tried is the same they all have those 6 files in 1024kb versions (tried quite a few rom sites and they all have the same download)
    IS there a good working version for Nebula?

2) Does anyone know of a file property changer that can either trick the OS into reporting a 1mb file as a 2mb file
    or
    3) a program that could inject dummy data into a roms file

4) or any other suggestions?

I'm fairly good with emulators, its not my PC (AMD 64 Geforce 6, 1gig dual channel ram up to date Bios ect) I'm really stumped on this.
    Platforms: Dreamcast, Xbox, GCN, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, Xbox360, PC-DVD ROM
    ----------------------
    hopefully you know there is no flaw in the ps3 that sony made, the graphics of the ps3 will not be touched by anything other than movies... its a supercomputer on a chip, nothing can hope to rival ps3s graphics...no gpu quad setup can compete with the ps3, the ps3has supercomputer + power...and we have yet to see 10% of ps3 displayed, and there is no 100%, so please try another argument
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1915911

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Last edited by SegNin; 30th-August-2007 at 08:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

There is a good version, but no one was willing to offer it up when I was looking. Cant comment on the above rom yet though

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, the link I gave you has the right roms for the Model 2 emulator, but that game, Daytona, isn't emulated yet.

I guess because of what Borman mentioned.

EDIT--
    According to the readme though, the game is playable.
    But I keep getting a message "Cancelled: Network Board Not Present"

EDIT2--
    When you get that message, Press F2, go to GAME SYSTEM, set LINK ID to Single.

Now the game will work.
    Last edited by SegNin; 30th-August-2007 at 12:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, the point I was getting at is that theres a bad dump thats been floating around the internet for years that doesnt work If that rom works, then nice

Thanks
    EP Points

It works, but it still might not be a "good" dump because I noticed minor sound/graphical glitches that could be the rom or it could be the emulation.

Also, analog steering doesn't work correctly (for me at least) because of a bug in the emulator that was supposedly fixed.

And trying to steer smoothly with the D-Pad just isn't possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats the emulation then. Daytona was just made working in one of the last updates. .The bad dump thats on most sites doesnt work at all

Thanks

Thanks I have to try this when i get home, I was not actually expecting anyone would reply so thanks again.

Edit: Just looking at the file I just downloaded... looks good all the mpr files are named correctly & even more important weigh in at 2mb each this should work thanks many thanks to both alot of good information.
    Last edited by Freeman_JI; 2nd-September-2007 at 03:57.
    Platforms: Dreamcast, Xbox, GCN, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, Xbox360, PC-DVD ROM
    ----------------------
    hopefully you know there is no flaw in the ps3 that sony made, the graphics of the ps3 will not be touched by anything other than movies... its a supercomputer on a chip, nothing can hope to rival ps3s graphics...no gpu quad setup can compete with the ps3, the ps3has supercomputer + power...and we have yet to see 10% of ps3 displayed, and there is no 100%, so please try another argument
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1915911

Thanks
    EP Points

The analog stick problem is supposedly fixed in the next release of the Model 2 emulator, which would be 0.6 (Link to Spanish forum):
    http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=66198

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Well, the link I gave you has the right roms for the Model 2 emulator, but that game, Daytona, isn't emulated yet.

I guess because of what Borman mentioned.

EDIT--
    According to the readme though, the game is playable.
    But I keep getting a message "Cancelled: Network Board Not Present"

EDIT2--
    When you get that message, Press F2, go to GAME SYSTEM, set LINK ID to Single.

Now the game will work.
    Or create an m2network.ini with this in it:
    [network]
    Rxport=1978
    NextIp=127.0.0.1
    NextPort=1978
    Now set the link ID to master, and watch it boot! You can also use this technique for multiplayer linkup. Just replace the NextIp & NextPort to whatever that computer's M2emu port is. Also set that computer's link ID to slave. You can do this for 7 other computers... It's amazing!
    Last edited by coltonemuparadise; 26th-January-2015 at 01:03.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, pay attention to the dates before posting, this thread is more than 7 years old...