Thread: dvd decrypting

Thanks

Default dvd decrypting

hey all, i recently downloaded a DVD decrypter so i could store DVDs on my HDD, and then possibly move them to a DVD recorder. the decrypter split it to two files, an audio and a video file.

could anyone give me a run thru of what to do with these to files if i wanted to play these on my computer, or move them to a DVD recorder (with a hard drive to store movies)?

muchly appreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

I prefer to set it up to make full ISOs instead. You can mount them on a virtual drive or burn them back onto DVDs.

Thanks

ah rite that sounds good, excuse my idiocy, but does a DVD player play ISO's? (would be handy if it did ^^)

also, could i put an ISO onto a DVD recorders Hard drive?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, you can burn the ISO on another DVD and pop it in your DVD player. Just make sure you select "burn as DVD/CD image" and not "burn as data".

Dunno what you mean by "DVD recorder HDD".

Thanks

If you want to watch the movie on your computer, you can go into the Video_TS folder and play the Vob files. Before you burn too, you might want
    to do things like cut out the menus and extras with a program like DVD shrink.

Thanks

okay yeah that sounds kewl some dvd players have a HDD now so you can store home movies from DVD on them...so in theory you can put any DVD on there if it isnt encrypted, so im using my computer to remove the encryption, then put them into my DVD players HDD, so in case a DVD breaks we have it stored on the DVD players HDD player so I can play it when i want without having the disk. it wont allow you to put it straight onto the DVD HDD because of copyright protection =/

Maca, thats a pretty good idea the files are huge enough as it is ^^