Thread: Can't play Evolution on Chankast, any help? x.x

Thanks

Default Can't play Evolution on Chankast, any help? x.x

Not really sure what's wrong with my emulator, I try to play Evolution on chankast, and all it does is go through a few advertisements for the various makers and then it goes to a black screen and doesn't play the game. It does this all pretty fast too, so I'm not sure what's up with it.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Hrmn, well.. It worked, but kinda oddly. Had to setup an xpadder thing for NullDC and that seems to work just fine, but when I go to play Evolution.. Well.. It's kinda odd, it does the dreamcast loadup, then goes to a black screen flashes white, then brings up a black screen with a blue box, that looks like the text box saying that I don't have a memory card plugged in or some such. Though, I click A a couple times and that leaves then it does another black screen and goes back to the blue box screen. Then I click A again, and it brings up the Evolution opening cinematic.. Thought that it was fine, but nope.. After that cinematic it goes to the 'Please press start' screen, and I try to hit the key I configured for start and it doesn't register it.. Right now it's just looping the opening cinematic after waiting a while at the start button screen.[] Nevermind, it just wasn't picking up shift as the start button, not sure why. Remapped it, but yeah, the graphics are all screwed up now. The first battle scene you get to was like an acid trip. xP All the texture tiles flickering odd colours, and then when I finished that it brought me up to the dialogue after the battle and there's no text in the text boxes.. Yay.

I think I may just give up on playing this. I'll have to go and grab myself another dreamcast since my last got stolen and just start burning to CD's so I can use that.
    Last edited by SegNin; 17th-August-2007 at 21:03.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

The game should work in NullDC:
    http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Try changing the plugins or settings.

If that doesn't work, then there's probably something wrong with the copy you downloaded.

You can download another copy of the game from our IRC channel:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/index2.php

Or you might want to check out Sprung's FTP to see if he has it on there:
    http://www.epforums.org/sprungs-mult...184/index.html

Thanks

Don't have enough posts to go to the FTP section and all, think I need twenty or some such. But hrmn, guess I'll try screwing with the plugins. Can't make anything worse I suppose, but it very well may be the game it'self. I downloaded it in two parts from rapidshare so there's a good chance that something wrong could have come about in the download.

edit--
    Hrmn, I almost got it I -think-. Just got back and started fiddling with the plugins. I have no idea what they all do, I'm bad with this sort of thing, but yeah.. I got it working a bit better. I can see text and such now and it loads up fine. Still has some graphical problems with things going all psychadelic and the like.. But yeah, it -is- going really twitchy and fast though, and I don't know why. Anyone have an idea what to do about that, or what plugins I need to fiddle with?
    Last edited by SegNin; 19th-August-2007 at 05:04.