Thread: My house

Thanks

Default My house

Has a big old hole in the roof owing to the fire that happened on the last day of July this year. I was working in the garden at the time and heard 3 loud, reasonably spaced bangs before it happened and on the first two I had thought people were playing with fireworks(I even looked around to see no one was using fireworks) but it confused me slightly as it was Summer. It must have been due to my impaired hearing as I was using an iPod to compensate for the dullness of garden work, but I was sure someone was using bangers when I got the smell of smoke at the third bang. I was also amazed by the speed at which I perceived the clouds to be moving at judging by the shadow overhead. That's when I realised it wasn't clouds. Went inside, did the whole 'everyone out' thing, and I was out, my dad having called the fire brigade( who took 20 minutes to arrive, there's a fire station planned for my locality) and basically, the day was very boring, except of course for the neighbours, house fires are apparently a spectators' sport. I was surprised by my non-cholant attitude but I decided, hey, insurance will cover it.

It's actually been a very convenient fire, I actually see it as a blessing from God. We were planning on emptying our attic of our junk anyway, and now that's all taken care of, and we get money for junk we lost but wouldn't have used anyway. All the junk filling the house is gone and all the consoles and computers survived, so that's good. We're renting a bigger house now(rent covered by insurance) and the side wall of my house was structurally damaged such that it may be financially as well to expand over the garage(which is beside the side wall) so I may be returning to a bigger house as well! You see, we were planning on converting the attic and perhaps doing the expansion over the garage, but now both are more likely, financially easier, and my procrastiinating dad is forced into action! Hoorah!

The only downside is we have to make loss lists to make our full contents claim of E60,000, which is essentially invent-a-belonging. This I would normally consider dishonest, but in this case I know my house contents were worth E60,000 but we don't know all the junk we had in our house. How could they expect us to?

Oh, and my Leaving Cert results are out the day after tomorrow, or so they say.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I wish I was blessed and got my house set on fire.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I wish I was blessed and got my house set on fire.
    That can be arranged.

Thanks
    EP Points

The roof the roof the roof is on fire
    We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn
    Burn motherfucker burn

Thanks

poor poor petri - (thats from those dinosaur movies for kids with the long-neck and the triceratops and ducky and the retarded stegosaurus and petri the pterodactyl) i think it fits the situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skakidd View Post
    poor poor petri - (thats from those dinosaur movies for kids with the long-neck and the triceratops and ducky and the retarded stegosaurus and petri the pterodactyl) i think it fits the situation.
    lol

land before time.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't read the post because I don't care about you or your problems. I do however care about Crusher's house. I too would like to see it catch fire. I'd like watching him try squeezing through the door to get out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    lol

land before time.
    that's from LBT 32, right? Or is it 33?

Thanks

So what caused the explosion?
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena View Post
    Strongbad.

Thanks

*Tear* So sad....Did anyone die?
    I'd Hit It

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn
    Burn motherfucker burn
    That's what my sister's boyfriend said, although it was in reference to another house fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 東京 View Post
    It wasn't an explosion, but it was a light, or arcing wires in the attic. The forensic guy put down the light in his report. It wasone of those filament bulbs in the roof directly rather than hanging down by a wire, and those tend to burn.
    Last edited by Insertname; 26th-August-2007 at 17:00.