Thread: Something weird with my iPod

Thanks

Default Something weird with my iPod

Yeah this really isn't computer tech, but it's bugging the hell out of me as I don't know how to fix it.
    I have a 4.13 gb iso file I wanna transfer to another pc, and as iPod's can be used as external hard drives, I decided to transfer through it.
    Now I have 15 gbs of free space on my iPod, but I'm always getting an error saying "there is not enough disk space".I checked my hard drive on my pc, to make sure I have enough room for cached files, but still I have 20 gigs of free space.
    What's even worse is that I tried other 4 gig files, to see if they can even be copied, and they work.It's only this 4 gig iso file.Anyone know whats up?

Thanks

I remember FAT32 formatted drives can't handle 4GB+ files, maybe the reason is something similar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuayThai65 View Post
    Yeah this really isn't computer tech, but it's bugging the hell out of me as I don't know how to fix it.
    I have a 4.13 gb iso file I wanna transfer to another pc, and as iPod's can be used as external hard drives, I decided to transfer through it.
    Now I have 15 gbs of free space on my iPod, but I'm always getting an error saying "there is not enough disk space".I checked my hard drive on my pc, to make sure I have enough room for cached files, but still I have 20 gigs of free space.
    What's even worse is that I tried other 4 gig files, to see if they can even be copied, and they work.It's only this 4 gig iso file.Anyone know whats up?
    file extension?

Thanks

try zipping it with no compression or something and c if that works...

Thanks

The iPod is Fat32, so that could be the problem, but then I've also tried other 4 gig files and they work, so that can't be it.
    I've already tried renaming the extension, to no avail.I'm gonna try zipping it, see how it turns out.

Thanks

The iPod is Fat32, so that could be the problem, but then I've also tried other 4 gig files and they work, so that can't be it.
    I've already tried renaming the extension, to no avail.I'm gonna try zipping it, see how it turns out.
    yes, zipping it might work, if it doesnt, i would recommend trying to archive it with winrar...

if that doesnt work proceed to smash ipod against forehead

Thanks
    EP Points

It could be just over the limit. Try raring it and splitting it into 2 parts.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

FAT32 can't handle any file grater than 4 GB.
    You said in the first post, it's 4.13 GB.

4.13 GB is greater than 4 GB.

You need to either compress or split the file.

Thanks

Yeah zipping it won't work, as it says it can't zip anything over 4 gigs, so I'm raring it.
    Gonna take 2 hours to compress, but what the hell.

Thanks

Yeah zipping it won't work, as it says it can't zip anything over 4 gigs, so I'm raring it.
    Gonna take 2 hours to compress, but what the hell.
    dont compress it... just split it

Thanks

guess i missed that the first read through...

but can you mount it on a copy of daemon tools for iPod XP(or an xp emulator for iPod Linux) and extract individual files, then take them and re write them into a ISO?

Thanks
    EP Points

What the hell people...
    Take WinRAR. Select "Store" as compression method.
    In the box under (split to volumes, bytes), just type "2gb" without the quotes.

Click OK
    Wait
    Transfer those 2 files to your iPod
    Profit.