Thread: A few odd file extensions on some games on emuparadise?

Thanks

Default A few odd file extensions on some games on emuparadise?

A few games that I've tried getting off of emuparadise, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid (disk 2), came with odd file extensions at the end. I have since deleted them and it takes awhile to re-download, so forgive my not knowing the exact extension, but rather than the usual .img or .bin, it was .m** (mdf or something I think), and they wouldn't show up on ePSXe's games list when I tried to load the ISOs. I had tried to rename the files to .bin in order to trick them into being listed, but then they simply didn't work. I'm going to try downloading these files again, is there any certain way I'm supposed to deal with these different file extensions?

Thanks
    EP Points

That's odd. ePSXe should be able to play them. Not sure about the Alcohol 120% images (mds/mdf), but I think it does run .bin/.img images.

Thanks
    EP Points

Download Daemon Tools and mount the file on the virtual drive it creates.

And, I think I heard ePSXe can play those if you scroll the extension list to show all files. Not sure.

Thanks

Alright, I'll try scrolling the list to show all files, but if that doesn't work it's good to know that they're mountable with daemon, as a backup plan. Thanks for the help

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

What I do with mds/mdf files is mount them to Daemon Tools, then rip a new bin/cue from the mounted image with CDRWin.

You can also do this with ISOBuster--in fact, you don't need Daemon Tools with ISOBuster.

Btw, there is only one emulator that can play mds/mdf images without having to mount them, and that's pSX Emulator v1.12:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

However pSX Emulator's compatibility still isn't as good as ePSXe's yet.