Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AGP 8x/4x settings not saving.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru View Post
    Nope nope nope, not at all, after formatting I didn't go back and forth between cards, just installed the new card nice and clean. And I did do the card swaps appropriately anyway before formating by uninstalling all the previous driver stuff and running DriverCleaner Pro in safe mode, I'm assuming that's the link you posted).

I'll try the cab file thing, but was he getting the same errors I am getting? I don't think it's going to solve it as -before formatting- going back to my Radeon 9000 fixed the problem, while the Nvidia card still had the problems even when running at the same low settings that I had to run with my 9000(and I also tried forcing every dx level to no avail). Will do this and post back later.
    similar, not exact.

You know just for the hell of it I'd RMA the card to make sure its not bad. eVGA right? They have awesome customer support.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    similar, not exact.

You know just for the hell of it I'd RMA the card to make sure its not bad. eVGA right? They have awesome customer support.
    No the manufacturer is Club 3D. I already exchanged this card once for another(the only other one they had). RMA stuff here is done through the retailers never directly with the manufacturer so I'm pretty much screwed... But I'm certain it's not defective as this is the 2nd card I've gotten. Gonna try deleting that thing now.

Edit: Umm, there are no .cab files whatsoever in my steam folder, I just searched...

Why shouldn't I try disabling SBA or 256bit pipeline depth? The card is very new compared to my mobo, maybe my mobo doesn't fully support these features?
    Last edited by Soeru; 30th-July-2007 at 15:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Edit: Umm, there are no .cab files whatsoever in my steam folder, I just searched...
    wtf? Wait that must have been the original HL then I guess. There should be another file in there that's the HL2 engine. File type starts with an s I think, it should be about a gig in size.

Also, have tried running any mods? Try the insurgency mod.

EDIT-
    Why shouldn't I try disabling SBA or 256bit pipeline depth? The card is very new compared to my mobo, maybe my mobo doesn't fully support these features?
    You can try it, I don't think it will damage the card/motherboard, but I would wait for polo's recommendation on that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    wtf? Wait that must have been the original HL then I guess. There should be another file in there that's the HL2 engine. File type starts with an s I think, it should be about a gig in size.

Also, have tried running any mods? Try the insurgency mod.

EDIT-

You can try it, I don't think it will damage the card/motherboard, but I would wait for polo's recommendation on that.
    I only have EP1 that has Lost Coast and HL2DM, so I can't run Insurgency I think. That's what has put me off from getting Garry's mod because it requires Hl2 and/or CSS. :/

I pmed polo about this, hopefully he'll read it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only have EP1 that has Lost Coast and HL2DM, so I can't run Insurgency I think. That's what has put me off from getting Garry's mod because it requires Hl2 and/or CSS. :/

I pmed polo about this, hopefully he'll read it.
    I think you can, its a 3rd party mod, all you need is the source SDK which should come with any source game, and episode one is a source game Open steam > tools and look for the source SDK and download it.

Thanks

Uhh... I think you're confused as to what the SDK is... it's not the source engine, it's the software development kit. For making mods/maps/models etc. I'll try installing insurgency, but like I said I get it in EP1, Lost Coast, as well as HL2Dm, but I'll get it as I wanted to try that mod anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Uhh... I think you're confused as to what the SDK is... it's not the source engine, it's the software development kit. For making mods/maps/models etc. I'll try installing insurgency, but like I said I get it in EP1, Lost Coast, as well as HL2Dm, but I'll get it as I wanted to try that mod anyway.
    Yea I know, you have to have in order to use/play the mods or other custom content

btw, has no clue either.

Thanks

OMFG I think I finally fixed it, I stumbled upon the "write combining" feature in the advanced options in the monitor/video config window(you know the one you access by right clicking your desktop), so I tried disabling it as -to my knowledge- I always had it disabled with my old card, and I haven't come across these glitches any more. Yay! Thx for the help.

I can't believe I went through a format and several hours of anguish daily trying to fix it when it was this simple. At least my PC is fast as hell now though.

Thanks
    EP Points

OMFG I think I finally fixed it, I stumbled upon the "write combining" feature in the advanced options in the monitor/video config window(you know the one you access by right clicking your desktop), so I tried disabling it as -to my knowledge- I always had it disabled with my old card, and I haven't come across these glitches any more. Yay! Thx for the help.

I can't believe I went through a format and several hours of anguish daily trying to fix it when it was this simple. At least my PC is fast as hell now though.
    indeed. Glad to hear you fix0rated it.