Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest an anime!

Thanks
    EP Points

No mention of Full Metal Panic so far, so I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Just remembered another one that Tanthias might like:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Geass
    Seconded. Very good series. They really should hurry up with the second season.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions

Btw, I liked the Escaflowne movie, so if the series is anything like that, I'll probably like it as well.
    I haven't seen the whole series, but it's a lot more slow paced and not as odd(Someone else can probably come up with a better word) as the movie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    No mention of Full Metal Panic so far, so I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Seconded. Very good series. They really should hurry up with the second season.
    Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
    I haven't seen the whole series, but it's a lot more slow paced and not as odd(Someone else can probably come up with a better word) as the movie.
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks everybody, I've got enough anime to keep me busy for awhile. +rep to everybody when I can finally hand it out again (I've already repped some of you).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
    Seen the series and liked it alot
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't remember if I've participated in this thread already ,but,here it goes:

for everybody that likes romantic comedy anime,I can recommend "love hina" and "ah my goddes!",both of them are about a buy that for circunstances out of his control,ends up living with several girls,("harem" anime),and "ah my goddesss" is a "magical girlfriend" one as well. (the guy ends up living with a goddess,and then her sisters come along and they all get in trouble and they have some antagonists with evil plans and stuff like that).
    personally I like the comedy anime a lot more than the serius series,everybody talked great things about ergo proxy,and I got so bored of it that I stopped watching it after episode 6,even though I like sci fi about dystopias and that kind of stuff. I just didn't enjoy it the same way I enjoy comedy/romantic series.
    ok,now continuing with what I was saying,"dual paralell trouble adventure" is a pretty good and fun series,it's "evangelion meets love hina",it combines the mecha genre/genere (?) with the harem one,so we get a boy that ends up living with several girls,and being a mecha pilot. (a dream come true ).
    another romantic/comedy series I can recommend is "onegai teacher",I don't want to spoil it much for you,but
    Spoiler warning:
    the main character ends up living with his teacher,a beautiful alien woman
    ,and they go through a lot of misunderstandings and troubles and comedic situations.

I'm currently getting (and watching) "tenchi muyo" (the original 20 episode ova series),yet another "harem" series,I like it so far (I'm done up to episode 8),but not as much as love hina. anyway,after this one I plan to get the tv series,and then I'll find something else. seeing that I'm kinda addicted to romantic comedies and harem/magical girlfriend series,do you know of any series that matches that criteria? can suggest me something like the ones I mentioned above?. thanks in advance!.

ps: if you are planning to get tenchi mucho,the most popular torrent that's everywhere and has almost everything tenchi-related,is missing the final episode of the ova series,episode 20 "final confrontations". the mistake is that whoever made the torrent considerer the bonus episode 13,5 as if it was episode 14,so,they have just up to episode 19,but episode 20 is missing. that's a shame considering that torrent has everything else from the tenchi series. (fortunately,there are other torrents that have episode 20)
    nothing

Thanks

1) Doki Doki School Hours
    2) Hitohira
    3) Ichigo 100%

those are some of my recomended series

Thanks

Alright guys, I just got back into anime after a long break.

I continued from where I left off in Naruto (episode 170ish), and watched it through to episode 30ish of shippuden, whatever the last one subbed was.

Bah, that was a disappointing couple of weeks.

After that, I watched all of the Death Note series. Great series! Loved it. I'm looking for something.. kind of similar. Not necessarily in the detective type sense (though that isn't bad at all), but in the great character development sense with a dark side to it all. Not evil, mind you, just dark.

I would rather it be a short series (I.E less 50 episodes or fewer).

I've seen Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Evangelion, and... bits of other anime. Recommend a good one. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Damn, the job market sucks in Michigan
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm too lazy to read this massive thread, so I recommend The very first season of bleach. Don't know the actual episode numbers but its episode 1 until they save rukia from soul society and the 3 corrupt shinigami commanders get taken by the menos grande. rest of the bleach episodes really don't live up to what I refer to as "the first season".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Kruthas View Post
    Alright guys, I just got back into anime after a long break.

I continued from where I left off in Naruto (episode 170ish), and watched it through to episode 30ish of shippuden, whatever the last one subbed was.

Bah, that was a disappointing couple of weeks.

After that, I watched all of the Death Note series. Great series! Loved it. I'm looking for something.. kind of similar. Not necessarily in the detective type sense (though that isn't bad at all), but in the great character development sense with a dark side to it all. Not evil, mind you, just dark.

I would rather it be a short series (I.E less 50 episodes or fewer).

I've seen Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Evangelion, and... bits of other anime. Recommend a good one. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Damn, the job market sucks in Michigan
    Try Code Geass for somethings similar to Death Note. Both series' protagonist obtain a power that they'll mercilessly use to achieve their desires whatever the consequences are. Code Geass still hasn't ended though.. a second season is in the making.

Also watch Gurren Lagann while you're at it. It's the best mecha series since Evangelion.

Thanks

I haven't seen death note, but D.N.Angel is pretty good. It was disappointing that there were only 24 episodes.
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not gonna bother reading this thread either, but I'm watching Death Note, and its the first anime I've given a fuck about since FLCL. It's also the first TV show to actually make my jaw drop at a revelation.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

They just finished watching Death Note... maybe I should watch a couple episodes...
    Check out my deviantart!

chibichibipowercanon

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke View Post
    They just finished watching Death Note... maybe I should watch a couple episodes...
    You should check it out. It's a pretty good series

Thanks

Now that I've put more thought into it, what I am really looking for is an anime similar to Death Note in the sense that it is a mostly linear story.

If you jump in at any episode of Death Note, you will have missed a whole lot of key facts. Although I really liked Cowboy Bebop, it is the perfect counter-example. Each episode of Cowboy Bebop (other than a couple) can be watched regardless of the order and you won't miss a thing.

Basically, I like really intricate plots. And Jetsetlemming hit it right on the head. The revelations in that plot are just about perfect. Believable, but shocking.

I started watching Darker Than Black. It seems sort of interesting, but still hard to say since I've only seen the first two episodes, but it doesn't look like the character development will be up to par with death note.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. 110 OVA series of the best storytelling in an anime ever.
    Helping people with emulation problems.