EP Points

Ghost in the Shell movie. Nuff said.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Ghost in the Shell movie. Nuff said.
    The first one was pretty good, but I can't seem to find a store around that sells a dubbed version of the second one . Any ideas (I don't really like the subbed one I bought, the subtitles distract me too much from what's happening onscreen) on where to get it (other than ebay of course)?

edit: And the reason I didn't mention them is because Cyberxion said he tends to drift to the more light-hearted series. I would hardly consider Ghost in the Shell light-hearted .

edit 2: Nevermind. I just checked another site and found that they're selling the complete Ghost in the Shell series plus the 3 movies for about 30 or 40 dollars (plus S & H).
    Last edited by Tanthias; 24th-August-2007 at 05:45.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Subtitles rock. I think it's because it forces your mind to be more active. I tried to watch Hero dubbed instead of subtitles. That sucked. I've also seen 2 different dubs of Fist of Legend with Jet Li. One had really driving music, better phrasing of the dialog and just kicked ASS. The other one left me limp.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Subtitles rock. I think it's because it forces your mind to be more active. I tried to watch Hero dubbed instead of subtitles. That sucked. I've also seen 2 different dubs of Fist of Legend with Jet Li. One had really driving music, better phrasing of the dialog and just kicked ASS. The other one left me limp.
    True, sometimes (or most of the time... depends on what you watch) subs are by far better than dubs. In the case of Ghost in the Shell, however, I like the dub more than the sub.

/on topic: Anyone know if the Dragon Drive anime is any good?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tanthias View Post
    True, sometimes (or most of the time... depends on what you watch) subs are by far better than dubs. In the case of Ghost in the Shell, however, I like the dub more than the sub.

/on topic: Anyone know if the Dragon Drive anime is any good?
    know whats even better than subs/dubs?

actually knowing what people are saying, i understand very little japanese, but i get excited when i can follow a conversation

its freakin awesome...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Haruno View Post
    know whats even better than subs/dubs?

actually knowing what people are saying, i understand very little japanese, but i get excited when i can follow a conversation

its freakin awesome...
    True, which is probably why I prefer most dubs (even if the voice acting is terrible) over subs.

Thanks

True, which is probably why I prefer most dubs (even if the voice acting is terrible) over subs.
    no, bad voice acting literally ruins an anime...

I recently watched some anime, with dual audio, and i switch to english and the male voice who was supposed to be like 13-14 had the voice of a 32 year old male pedophile with a cold...

and the girls are never convincing...

anime was meant to be done in japanese.

so, learn japanese, and watch it raw baby! YEAH!

Thanks

Just started watching "Tengen Toppa - Gurren Lagann".
    It's really good.
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any suggestions on a good action (can be any other genre, so long as the anime is good) anime? I've seen Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, s-CRY-ed, Lupin III, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and several other animes (just provided a short list to make it easier to not suggest anime I've already seen, or are still watching).

Thanks

Black Lagoon

Everyone hypes it, but it really is damn good. Not quite as good as Cowboy Bebop (which was clearly an influence on the creators), but definitely worth watching.

Thanks
    EP Points

Any suggestions on a good action (can be any other genre, so long as the anime is good) anime? I've seen Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, s-CRY-ed, Lupin III, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and several other animes (just provided a short list to make it easier to not suggest anime I've already seen, or are still watching).
    Try watching the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series, the first three episodes are out so far. Much better than the TV series. Then there's also Gantz, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou, and especially Samurai Champloo, if you liked Cowboy Bebop. Code Geass, too, if you don't mind mecha fights.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Black Lagoon

Everyone hypes it, but it really is damn good. Not quite as good as Cowboy Bebop (which was clearly an influence on the creators), but definitely worth watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Try watching the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series, the first three episodes are out so far. Much better than the TV series. Then there's also Gantz, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou, and especially Samurai Champloo, if you liked Cowboy Bebop. Code Geass, too, if you don't mind mecha fights.
    Thanks for the suggestions Hypnos and Gare.

I agree, Champloo is pretty good (it's one of the many anime shows I watched and didn't list), and I don't mind mecha (I still like to watch the gundam series ).

I recently saw a thing about a Blue Dragon anime, and I was wondering if anyone here knows if it is any good.

Thanks

OK i need some suggestions (duh)

I just finished Tokyo Mew Mew and loved it!
    So im looking for another anime that i could really get into and enjoy.

I like animophics/furries (not yiffy...dont confuse them...edit: well OK Yiffy is fine too[Tail Tale]), so i naturally enjoyed animes such as CardCaptor Sakura (Kero and Suppi!), Tokyo Mew Mew, Digimon, Dragon Drive, and Final Fantasy Unlimited(Chobi).

But i also liked the story from Tsubasa Chronicles, Chobits, and Angelic Layer (yes they are all by Clamp but I've already looked into their other works).

Obviously, I love cute, memorable characters like Misaki, Sakura, Ichigo, Pudding, Chii, Mokona, Chibisuke, and ofcourse my favorite foxboy Tails!

Sooooo....
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Tayls; 24th-September-2007 at 01:17.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Foxboy View Post
    OK i need some suggestions (duh)

I just finished Tokyo Mew Mew and loved it!
    So im looking for another anime that i could really get into and enjoy.

I like animophics/furries (not yiffy...dont confuse them...edit: well OK Yiffy is fine too[Tail Tale]), so i naturally enjoyed animes such as CardCaptor Sakura (Kero and Suppi!), Tokyo Mew Mew, Digimon, Dragon Drive, and Final Fantasy Unlimited(Chobi).

But i also liked the story from Tsubasa Chronicles, Chobits, and Angelic Layer (yes they are all by Clamp but I've already looked into their other works).

Obviously, I love cute, memorable characters like Misaki, Sakura, Ichigo, Pudding, Chii, Mokona, Chibisuke, and ofcourse my favorite foxboy Tails!

Sooooo....
    Any suggestions?

Sorry, but I can't really think of any anime (beyond the ones you already listed) that fall into that category... any other genres you like?

Thanks

Someone recommend me a sad, depressive anime. The darker the better.

I'm in a completely emo state lately, and I've found the best cure for that is to get it all out of the system at once.