Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Suggest an anime!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but..."Shiki" is definitely worth watching. Not your ordinary anime.

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched it but wasn't quite sure how to feel about the ending.

Spoiler warning:
    Mostly because EVERYONE DIED.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I really hated the art style, ugh. But come on, it's so satisfying when
    Spoiler warning:
    Megumi gets trampled. She was such an annoying bitch. And Chizuru in the lady gaga outfit was priceless. I liked a lot of the characters, like the mom that turned all of her family and they never rose.

Thanks
    EP Points

I knew what part you were going to reference even before opening that spoiler tag. Seems like that's the most memorable death for pretty much everyone. She had it coming, though. I was kinda rooting for the doctor all the way through. I don't actually remember if he survived or not. I hope he did.

But yeah, the art style made it more difficult to take the show seriously.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha the doctor was insane!

Thanks
    EP Points

But the awesome kind of insane!

Thanks

Stein;Gate. My friend recommended it to me, and I liked it. So I'm recommending it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there any current anime not starring kids/teens who have been placed in a story pumped full of estrogen? I liked anime from the 80's & 90's when everyone talked like a drunken sailor, violence was never censored and men had balls of steal instead of acting like a bunch of sissy pants.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Sukihiro View Post
    Is there any current anime not starring kids/teens who have been placed in a story pumped full of estrogen? I liked anime from the 80's & 90's when everyone talked like a drunken sailor, violence was never censored and men had balls of steal instead of acting like a bunch of sissy pants.
    Fate/Zero comes to mind. It's a fantastic show and 95% of its cast are adults. The protagonist is actually a sniper/assassin and his ruthlessness is in sharp contrast with the mentality of your typical anime hero. And the only major character who's still in his teens happens to be accompanied by the manliest character in the entire show, so yeah. Definitely worth a watch.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wiwii1010 View Post
    Stein;Gate. My friend recommended it to me, and I liked it. So I'm recommending it!
    Was very happy when they announced an official US release for this.

@other guy: I'd say Spice and Wolf but I don't know if that fits your story requirements.

I don't remember the character ages in Black Lagoon but it's good as well.

If by current you mean stuff airing in Japan right now I have nothing cause I'm not up to date.

Thanks
    EP Points

I second Black Lagoon. It's basically an 80s action flick in anime format.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it's pretty sweet.

It's finally getting a license rescue and a blu-ray release here. At the same time no less. Very pleased with this.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=black+lagoon

The prices have been dreadful for awhile now. The pre-order for the blu-ray can be bought for as low as $33 depending on where you order from.

Thanks
    EP Points

I second Fate/Zero. Currently watching it on a different tab and it is highly addictive. It has a very dark atmosphere, an adult cast, non-stereotypical characters, an intriguing plot and conflicting ideals. IMO, a masterpiece.
    But mind you,the dialogue is pretty sophiscated so nobody talks like a "drunken sailor". And yeah it was produced in 2011/2012, so it is quite new.

EDIT:And if you decide to watch it, by all means, stay far FAR away from its sequel, Fate/Stay Night.
    Last edited by SOLDIERSeeD; 19th-August-2012 at 20:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first few episodes of Fate/Zero are very slow. Does the pace pickup because sitting through all the talking is very monotonous. Black Lagoon was great! The violence was running in PG-13 mode compared to what I watched 20 years ago, but the stories were very entertaining. Has anyone scene the new Berserk movies?

I guess what I'm searching for is something similiar to the early Manga Entertainment and Urban Vision releases

Thanks
    EP Points

If you haven't fallen in love with Fate/Zero by episode 11 (you'll know when you see it), the series is just not for you, I think.

Berserk is good, but as a huge fan of the manga I don't think I can make an unbiased statement on it.