Thread: Persistent Text

Thanks

Default Persistent Text

Hi everyone,

I've been using the NDS emulator (NO$GBA) and have tried the first game of the Professor Layton series and has worked perfectly up til now.

Today however, I tried to play Final Fantasy IV and as such, worked fine. However, most of the in game text doesn't disappear when it's supposed to, so it stays there even when i change menus/change screen. Any idea of how this can be solved?

Thanks in advance

Edit: If you don't get when I'm trying to say I can upload a screenshot of the problem, just let me know.

Thanks

More than likely it's an emulation error, at least that's my guess. Try it on another DS emulator like DeSmuME and see if that fixes the problem. If not we'll work from there, assuming a fix exists.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg30CT View Post
    More than likely it's an emulation error, at least that's my guess. Try it on another DS emulator like DeSmuME and see if that fixes the problem. If not we'll work from there, assuming a fix exists.
    Thanks for the reply

I tried DeSmuMe but the whole game didn't load at all.

I also tried iDeaS, and this one worked, where as the problem of overlapping text is eliminated. However, the sound is very bad and some of the picture's layers seem to be missing.

Thanks

Going back to NO$GBA, supposedly using No$Zoomer fixes the text problem. Not entirely sure but it seems to be worth a shot. I've no idea if the software has an official page but I found a download link here:

http://www.coolrom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11369

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zieg30CT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No$Zoomer has eliminated the text problem, thanks

However, game is running very slow on it. Are there any settings which can solve this? I tried increasing the emulation speed, and seemed to work. However the music is now going too fast :/

Edit: i set the speed to normal (realtime) again but disabled the extras (EX0, EX1, etc) apart from the EX0 and is now working fine, apart from some missing backgrounds, but I can live with that
    Last edited by Kenit; 6th-January-2011 at 15:22.