Thread: Bizzare AMD CPU

Thanks

Default Bizzare AMD CPU

okay so. i bought an AMD Duron 1300 CPU. when i plug it into my PCChips M810LR it says this:

AMD (Unknown AMD Athalon(tm) CPU 1.30GHz

when i plug the same CPU into my Compaq UWAVE3 it syas:

Manufaturere String: AMD Athalon
    Clock Speed: 1400/100

the real specs on the CPU is 1.30GHz 100MHz dual FBS but it says that it only wokrs at 100MHz single and wont operate at 133MHz single. also According to Everest Ultimate Engeneer's Edition v3.5:

Memory write test: 783MB/s
    Memory Read Test: 1783MB/s
    Memory Latency: 282ns
    Memory Copy: 0MB/s

i think theres somthign wrong with my equipment. Becausei have an Athalon 1200 1.333GHz CPU that wont operate at 1.33GHz only at 1GHz and one that wont work at all and then this Duron. I"M CONFUSEDEDED!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Compaq just sucks. You need to flash the BIOS on that PCChips motherboard.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIO...ios-106s.shtml

It may be faulty RAM causing issues as far as the settings being wrong. Run memtest on it

http://www.memtest.org/

Thanks

these are identical Inferion 256MB PC133 cards purchased at the same time (actualy four were purchased for my ASUS P3B-F) and they have never given me any problems. would the bios update really cure the ailments with the it taking eight hours to install nero becasue its operateing so slow?

mabey i should provide a tiny bit more info (also i couldnet download the BIOS file from that site you provieded) this is a Rev 7.1a mother borad i'm going to rescrounge PCChips website then for the BIOS update
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 28th-May-2007 at 15:28. Reason: don't double post!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Greorov View Post
    would the bios update really cure the ailments with the it taking eight hours to install nero becasue its operateing so slow?
    With the problems your having, normally yes.
    mabey i should provide a tiny bit more info (also i couldnet download the BIOS file from that site you provieded) this is a Rev 7.1a mother borad i'm going to rescrounge PCChips website then for the BIOS update
    The pcchips site is teh gheyness right now. Normally the revision doesn't make a difference. When their site is back up I'll see what I can find

Thanks

pcchips just sucks

and the compaq uwave 3 board, if its the one im thinking of, is locked to 100 mhz, even bios flashing wont do any good

but then again i also remember reading that if you do it right, you can get it to 133

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    pcchips just sucks

and the compaq uwave 3 board, if its the one im thinking of, is locked to 100 mhz, even bios flashing wont do any good

but then again i also remember reading that if you do it right, you can get it to 133
    theres a little jumper hidden away on the mother borad (right next to pin40 on the secondary IDE controler) that says 100MHz/133MHz but setting it to 133MHz doenst seem to do anyhting on there except make it not load up. when i set the Duron to 133MHz it wont boot on the PCChips either. Also where i am i can accsess PCChips website www.pcchips.com.tw and i downloaded the drivers for the chipset lan and the bios upgrade and as soon as i stop being lazy i'll give it a spin.

OMG it works much better now thank you so very very much

it finnaly detects the Athalon as an Athalon instaid of a Duron XD and the Duron as a Duron instaid of as an Athalon :X
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 28th-May-2007 at 15:28. Reason: don't double post!

Thanks
    EP Points

OMG it works much better now thank you so very very much

it finnaly detects the Athalon as an Athalon instaid of a Duron XD and the Duron as a Duron instaid of as an Athalon :X
    haha, glad to hear it. I never did get into the pcchips site for some reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    I never did get into the pcchips site for some reason.
    i'm not sure why but it almost seems like thier servers are suffering like the ASUS servers are but only some of the time. i got on there once then couldnet get on thier later then it was really slow but i managed to get on.