Thread: Screen goes black underwater - help?

Thanks

Default Screen goes black underwater - help?

Hi all.

I recently downloaded the n64 emulator 1964 and a Banjo Kazooie rom. I'm using the direct64 video plugin and everything in the game seems to work fine, except when I go for a swim underwater. The screen goes black as soon as the camera angles under the water, and I simply can't find out why (and there's a lot of underwater swimming in this game!) My friend downloaded the same emulator/rom and his game works fine -- what do I need to change/update/download? Help please!

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hi all.

I recently downloaded the n64 emulator 1964 and a Banjo Kazooie rom. I'm using the direct64 video plugin and everything in the game seems to work fine, except when I go for a swim underwater. The screen goes black as soon as the camera angles under the water, and I simply can't find out why (and there's a lot of underwater swimming in this game!) My friend downloaded the same emulator/rom and his game works fine -- what do I need to change/update/download? Help please!
    Have you tried Project64? 1964 and Project64 are considered the two best 64 emulators.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

I took a browse of that link, thankyou SegNin. Banned, I did try Project64 briefly but never tried going underwater with it. At the time the graphics in the game were wonked until I downloaded a new video plugin. I'm already a bit of the way into my game and if I try PJ64 will the save slots I already have work with it? Sorry, I'm a complete newb to emulation...

Thanks

They might work if you name then correctly. I don't know much about the different save types between N64 emulators since I've mostly only used PJ64 but I do know that it names the save using the game's internal name. You can easily open the rom and save with PJ64 and then see what name it gives it and try to rename the save from 1964 the same way.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel