Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 3 problem (epsxe)

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 problem (epsxe)

I downloaded Resident evil 3 and extracted it and everything but when I ran it on epsxe. I could hear most sound except I couldn't hear Jill's voice at all O.o

Anyone know whats wrong? Is this just me O.o

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Since you didn't say what plugin are you using now nor how you have it configured, this is the only advice I can give you. Give Eternal SPU 1.41 a try and make sure you check the first 3 boxes in the config screen.

http://ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat...win32&type=spu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Since you didn't say what plugin are you using now nor how you have it configured, this is the only advice I can give you. Give Eternal SPU 1.41 a try and make sure you check the first 3 boxes in the config screen.

http://ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat...win32&type=spu

I'll try it asap. and since I think its only the sound plugin, its the one that comes with the epsxe emulator that says it can not be configured

Ok, it is still not working. I just checked and once it gets to the op where Jill says "It began as an ordinary day in september"

No sound, nothing but once that bit finishs, I hear the rest of the op fine...just when jill speaks. I hear nothing
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 6th-May-2007 at 14:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Install Daemon Tools 3.47 and run the iso from the virtual cd/dvd drive.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=43442

Thanks
    EP Points

Its possible that its been ripped

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Its possible that its been ripped
    I think not, he can hear the rest of the speech. This is a problem faced by many.

Some guys who have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Satan worshippers can go to hell.

Thanks

Did you check XA and CDDA in the sound config?

Thanks

Use epsxe 1.5.2

that often solves many problems for me. And I don't remember ever having speech problems in any of the Resident Evil or Dino Crisis games

I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 with these settings

Thanks

Exclamation Resident Evil... Where are ye?

I've tried running the re3 iso and nothing appears.. at all.. can someone show me their setings and plugins? i have a few and i've tried a few diff settings .. nothing.. aswell.. the damn thing doesn't accept my controls in game happening with all my games i have no idea... ASAP PLZ!!!!! TX

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rollingmonolith View Post
    I've tried running the re3 iso and nothing appears.. at all.. can someone show me their setings and plugins? i have a few and i've tried a few diff settings .. nothing.. aswell.. the damn thing doesn't accept my controls in game happening with all my games i have no idea... ASAP PLZ!!!!! TX

have you extracted the iso / what files do you have?

even if you have the settings totally messed up you should have something show

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rollingmonolith View Post
    What version are you trying to play? The PAL version was protected, you'd need to apply one of the patches available at megagames.

Also, post what are your comp specs, the version of ePSXe and the plugins you are using and how are they configured.

Thanks

I tried using epsxe 1.5.2 and it didn't work. I tried the sound settings that were posted as well and now the FMV at the start still has no sound but in game people talk randomly (sometimes it works, and sometimes you dont hear them talking)

very annoying. I suppose I can try the daemon tools thing but that will have to wait til tomorrow (late here lol)

if anyone else has suggestions or know of a garunteed way to fix this problem, please do say

Thanks

Red face

UM.. Not to sure if it's pal or not. ..i downloaded it from here and i'm using the plugin from the emu cheater thing... although i've tried pete's vid plugin aswell... and the standard plugin... Problem is that i can't tell you right now my settings... ...I'm not using my pc at the min... ..internet cafe's love 'em or hate 'em.. ..I just really need to know if you can tell me if there is any settings that i need to switch on to enable to play it.. or if i need some special file..? ...Or even if my download had somehow corruted and it would be v.easy to re-download.. ...

Thanks

I cant get this to work at all by mounting the image

EDIT: YAY it works. I had to use the cdrom plugin moody2 cd disk image driver 2.8 and have sub channel data thing off, along with the image selected to run as the image I want to play

I also tried pete's dsound but the sound quality sucked so I used eternalspu plugin under the settings posted above

went to run cdrom and then started the game (tried this 3 times) and it worked ^____^
    Last edited by Stuart444; 10th-May-2007 at 08:26.

Thanks

Well I'm having the same sound problem. When Jill speaks I can't hear her. Thing is, that I used daemon tools but it didn't want to open my image at all. I tried using epsxe 1.50 and 1.52 but still didn't work also trying with the eternal SPU plugin 1.41.
    I'm still trying to find a solution to this with my epsxe1.60 with the PEOpS plugin, which gave me the best sound quality.
    Other thing is that I really don't want to try solving my problem with another emulator (only if it's the only way) 'cause I believe that this is just a configuration or plugin manner.
    I'm also having sound and freezing problems with RE2 on Claire B, but this is for another thread...

EDIT:
    Ok, I've found something that might help you helpn me. When I started the game in a windowed mode, the problem continued, but i closed the window on the "x" button, and then I started to hear her talkin, with the fat guy that hides himself 'cause he's too afraid to go with her, for a long time. I hope this helps...
    Last edited by Caze; 7th-June-2007 at 03:01.