Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 to be relea.... wait...?

Thanks
    EP Points

At least it looks better then the Xbox version... ...

Thanks
    EP Points

I personally wouldn't want Vista on my computer. That would just be asking for lag. As much as I would like to play Halo 2 on my PC it just isn't worth getting vista to do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not too bothered about Halo 2. What does annoy me though is that Alan Wake is supposedly only compatible with Vista, which means I'll either have to overhaul my computer or buy an X-Box 360 to play it. I've been looking forward to that game since it was announced so I'm not too happy with being forced to upgrade for it.

Thanks

At this point I'm not interested in giving Microshit any reason to continue to promote their shitty OS any more. This may be the first game that I'll only take the cracked version of. Thank god for hackers and the internet.

Also, I am unforunately one of the few Halo fans that has never had an X-Box. I have Halo 1 for PC (2 original copies actually) and I've played both on a friend's X-Box on Co-Op mode but that's about it.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    At this point I'm not interested in giving Microshit any reason to continue to promote their shitty OS any more. This may be the first game that I'll only take the cracked version of. Thank god for hackers and the internet.

Also, I am unforunately one of the few Halo fans that has never had an X-Box. I have Halo 1 for PC (2 original copies actually) and I've played both on a friend's X-Box on Co-Op mode but that's about it.
    Ok, playing devil's advocate here for a moment..
    Have you actually tried Vista? Do you know for a fact that it's shitty and not good? Or are you just jumping on the popular bandwagon that is "flame microsoft"?

It's not like the majority of the people around here (or just about any place on the internet) would actually pay for a version of Windows in the first place..

Thanks

While my dad got vista with his new work computer, and the only game he has trouble with is Far Cry (which was fixed with an update to the video drivers), I still won't be getting Vista anytime soon, as I don't have the money after spending money on my new computer.
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
    Have you actually tried Vista? Do you know for a fact that it's shitty and not good? Or are you just jumping on the popular bandwagon that is "flame microsoft"?

It's not like the majority of the people around here (or just about any place on the internet) would actually pay for a version of Windows in the first place..
    Well, it costs hell and requires hardware that some people do not have. I could buy a second-hand PS2 or Xbox for the price instead with about 10 games, cause due to piracy, the price of console games here is chicken feed. (note:console games, not the console itself)

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie
    Also, I am unforunately one of the few Halo fans that has never had an X-Box.
    Join the club

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Satan worshippers can go to hell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Well, it costs hell and requires hardware that some people do not have. I could buy a second-hand PS2 or Xbox for the price instead with about 10 games, cause due to piracy, the price of console games here is chicken feed. (note:console games, not the console itself)

Join the club
    The price of the OS isn't really a factor for those that really want it. To play the newer games you have to upgrade the hardware anyway. The only bad thing I can see is that MS made DirectX10 Vista ONLY! And thus removing the choice as a consumer. But.. how does that make Vista horrible?

Note, I haven't actually tried it myself yet, but all I've heard so far is people shouting this and that without actually knowing wether it's good, or bad or something in between, or just simply ok.

Thanks

I have Vista on this PC, not by choice believe me. I still won't buy it, the original Halo is still fun and free to play online.

I don't see why, apart from a forced upgrade, it has to be Vista only. I'm sure they could make an XP version too. It's not like Mircosoft are on a budget with this game, they've already got 24 dedicated servers set up for it.

If I do decide to buy it, I just hope it ain't as annoying as the OS it will run on. Try getting some of your older games working on Vista.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

The price of the OS isn't really a factor for those that really want it. To play the newer games you have to upgrade the hardware anyway. The only bad thing I can see is that MS made DirectX10 Vista ONLY! And thus removing the choice as a consumer. But.. how does that make Vista horrible?

Note, I haven't actually tried it myself yet, but all I've heard so far is people shouting this and that without actually knowing wether it's good, or bad or something in between, or just simply ok.
    True, but those who want to play Halo 2 and have no thoughts about other games that can be played on Vista, might as well buy an Xbox especially if piracy is all over their place too. I can get a console game for USD$1 converted to INR. This rampant piracy can easily lead them to more, enjoyable games that can be found only on the particular console.
    However, if the person in question does want to play other games that can run only on Vista (none that i know of, but, what do I know) then the waste or "use" of cash can be agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji Takayama
    Try getting some of your older games working on Vista
    Thus, Ryuji Takayama, does have a reason to flame Vista, if he so desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Satan worshippers can go to hell.

Thanks

The problem with Vista is that new games "require" it (even non-directx 10) already, but the first game to actually require XP was DOOM 3.
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried Vista for the first time the other day. It seemed okay. Certainly not as horrible as I've heard. But at the same time, I saw no features that were wonderful enough for me to even consider upgrading. If I'm going to be swapping to an OS that eats up more memory than my current one, I want it to be an OS that really does something to justify that extra memory usage. And I don't consider a fancier interface and some pretty bells and whistles to be worth the sacrifice of extra speed. I hate the 'OMG VISTA SUXORZ' statements as much as anyone, but if Microsoft want people to upgrade, they have to offer something that will really make people want to upgrade. As is, I simply don't see why XP isn't good enough.

As for Halo II...meh... The XBox version of the game is a dime a dozen. And second hand XBoxes are dirt cheap now. If you're desperate to play it, and if buying Vista to play the PC version is really such a problem, just buy an XBox and the game. It'd cost you a fraction of what a copy of Vista and the full-priced PC port will.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I tried Vista for the first time the other day. It seemed okay. Certainly not as horrible as I've heard. But at the same time, I saw no features that were wonderful enough for me to even consider upgrading. If I'm going to be swapping to an OS that eats up more memory than my current one, I want it to be an OS that really does something to justify that extra memory usage. And I don't consider a fancier interface and some pretty bells and whistles to be worth the sacrifice of extra speed. I hate the 'OMG VISTA SUXORZ' statements as much as anyone, but if Microsoft want people to upgrade, they have to offer something that will really make people want to upgrade. As is, I simply don't see why XP isn't good enough.
    This is the exact reason verbatim why I downgraded from Vista, which came with my new comp, to XP--that and I didn't want to have to deal with any incompatibility issues with current software and drivers.

Thanks

I saw what Vista looks like when I went to a Conns store recently and it does look "nice" but I've also seen the system requirments for it and they are close to the same requirements as the PC version of F.E.A.R. Also why the hell does it need 15GB of space in the first place? I also don't like the fact that Windows Defender is allowed to remove whatever it wants without notifiying the user about what it's removing. Not to mention the numerous games that I would have to get patches for and several emulators that I will also have to wait for new versions of just to be able to use them on Vista. It's more of a headache then when I upgraded to XP from 98.

Also, I have read in newspapers that I am not the only one that feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle
    Some take 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' view on Vista

• "Windows XP has been solid. It has not given me any problems. I don't feel real compelled to switch."
    • "Yes, there are some security issues with XP. But Vista's scaring me because it seems it wants to be so secure, it will slow me down."
    • "Vista is such a drain on performance. I'm looking at a powerful computer for working in Photoshop, but I'm afraid the operation system will drain most of it."
    • "I'm worried about drivers. My husband has a 12-year-old DeskJet printer he loves - he's had since college - and I'm afraid it won't work in Vista."
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Eh, the few games I tried on Vista (rFactor, Max Payne 2, Tiberium Wars, and a few others) all worked fine. Only incompatibility was with NoCD cracks. It really isnt bad, theres just no real reason to spend the money on Vista yet.