Thread: How does HDLoader work?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How does HDLoader work?

um yeah I seem noobish in my knowledge of teh PS2, but I was wondering how the HDloader thingy works?... I have both the HDL CD and DVD Iso's and a spare External HD that I used for my computer (it's a Seagate).

So now what do I do?

Thanks
    EP Points

you need the network adapter in order to make it work, so if you donĀ“t get one you cant use hdloader.

or well.. you cand mod your console but that is kinda difficult and ppl have made that very few times, so the easy way is that you get a ps2 network adaptor and plug your seagate hd in the network ide slot, and voila now you have hdloader prepared to format your hd

Thanks

It won't work with your slim PS2 tiger.

If you want to use Hdloader you need a fat PS2. You can use usbextreme on a slim, but it's not worth it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    um yeah I seem noobish in my knowledge of teh PS2, but I was wondering how the HDloader thingy works?... I have both the HDL CD and DVD Iso's and a spare External HD that I used for my computer (it's a Seagate).

So now what do I do?
    Thats exactly what was going to be my next thread I have a 4-year-old FAT v9 PS2 with an aging laser. I got it serviced up and its working good but I intend to fit in an HDD Currently, am hunting for a network adapter, and as soon as I get it, I'll probably buy a 160 or 200 GB HDD

I also have downloaded a Clean HD Loader as well as the latest patch but was having some difficulty patching it (but I guess I'll have to read up a lot on it to do it properly ). I, nevertheless, also have downloaded those HDL CD and DVD ISO's you're talking about (BLC ) which has HDL v0.8a (can boot GOW2) and will check out how its working and stuff like that once I get my HDD and will later make an updated HDL disc if I need it.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

oki i guess its a worthless process for me. I was just hoping it would work so I could possibly boot Dual Layer DVD games...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    oki i guess its a worthless process for me. I was just hoping it would work so I could possibly boot Dual Layer DVD games...
    Haha....thats exactly what I wanna do Am currently downloading GOW2 DVD9 off of BLC, and HDD is the best way to go coz we don't get Verbatim DL discs over here and the other blank DL discs that we do get are quite expensive, so even accidentally cooking up a coaster would be quite a costly affair for me as burning DVD9 PS2 games can be a real pain in the ass and you need to patch it up properly, etc, etc and hope to god it doesn't hang during the "layer change sequence"
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 1st-May-2007 at 22:19.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

I would like to know If I can use an external hdd to install free mcboot on my memory card...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by YoungSam View Post
    I would like to know If I can use an external hdd to install free mcboot on my memory card...
    Please don't revive nearly a 4 year old thread.