Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I do Hadoken? {Games you like and those you don't}

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Arrow How do I do Hadoken? {Games you like and those you don't}

I was thinking about something. Basically, about 99.9% of you play RPGs. Oh, that's right; it was because I no-one who I live amongst plays the said genre.
    They hold football competitions (Pro Evo and the like) and due to this, I never join in. And I think to myself: "If only they would put in Tekken 5. I'd never come off."

My favourite genres seem to be RPG and fighting, although I can enjoy any game - from Aircraft Sims (Axelay and Gradius), to Platform and Acton/Adventure (Crash Bandicoot and Devil May Cry, respectively). Except sports games. I think the closest is Wrestling but I'm talking about official recognised sport such as soccer and golf. The closest thing I think I came close to enjoying was Ribbit King (you know that game?). Other than that - considering Burnout types are not sport-related - my favourite sport is Blitzball. Does it count? Okay then, disregard this thread...

I was thinking about good games, too:

- Final Fantasy X
    - Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

There was so much to do (and there still is). They are too awesome. I doubt I would be able to name everything right now but here's a single point to both of them:
    There's nothing like the thrill of training for utmost an hour and learning a new ability. Don't you agree?!
    Or acquiring a 6-star wanted level in the Fighter Jet and playing cat & mouse with another hot on your tail. I usually end up doing loops where I'm following his trail trying to lock on, but he's too fast for the missiles and in the end he's back on my ass and I'm having to press O to deploy those light diversions (I wondered what they were for).

My first game I can remember was Super Mario Bros 3 for THIS. I had a couple of other games such as tennis and racing cars. I then had a Megadrive for a very short period (Sonic The Hedgehog).
    I then got THIS. And the first game I can remember for it was Street Fighter II. Being new to that, the best way to win seemed to be setting the buttons to "rapidfire" and using Ryu to do his sweeps using Light Kick. lol
    However, due to the button bashing opponent, something...a blue fireball emerged. I was like ---> to say the least. "How did you do that??". I had never seen anything like that before!

I excel at Beat 'em ups.

But are there any type of games you would steer clear of.. Or titles you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot barge pole? E.g Madden, in my case.

Tentatively titled.

Thanks
    EP Points

I usually steer clear of most N64 games. And games with language that I don't understand. Two specific titles I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot barge pole? Donkey Kong Country 64, and Castlevania 64. Horrible. Both of them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe° View Post
    But are there any type of games you would steer clear of.. Or titles you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot barge pole? E.g Madden, in my case.

Tentatively titled.
    Games I enjoy? Mostly action games I believe. Although that's probably because they're pretty consistantly good, are pretty common, and are over before causing a decrease in interest. Adventure games, platformers, RPGs, would probably complete the list. It's mostly about the game being 'good" for me than it being in some sort of "I prefer this style of game over this style of game" thing. A good RPG will easily overtake a crappy action game on my "list of great stuff", and vice versa. I really have to play a game to decide if I like it or not. I'm also highly prone to enjoying horror games. And anything that requires some skill or thought (logic games, strategy games, that sort of thing.) Having to actually figure things out in games is just great from my point of view, especially when you finally figure out what you've been doing wrong so far.

I'll basically play any game. And will play any game. Even the crappy ones, simply so I can say "I played that". Sure, that sounds

As for stuff I absolutely hate, well crappy sequals tend to go pretty far up the list. Expecting a certain level of quality then getting a horribly designed peice of crap instead is just unpleasant. There's quite a list in this category, so I'll avoid naming names. I'm also not much of a sports gamer. I'll still play the games, however I'm far from the kind of person who'll play 800 seasons of FIFA, 500 seasons of Madden, or 1000 seasons of NHL '0whatever. I also seriously hate online gaming. I will occasionally log into an online gaming server, but normally after a couple hours of dealing with idiots I log out. I'm just not a fan of the "online gaming community". I prefer the old "offline" games. You know, the ones with storyline, zero pings, and characters whose dialogue doesn't consist of "wared u gets da supar itmes dooD!?", "Can I has moneis?" or "OMG KIX HAXER!" and so on. Games where killing everything in sight without even getting touched will give you some sort of bonus or a feeling of accomplishment, as opposed to the online response of "GODMOED HAX!". Eh, I'm ranting. back to the main idea...

or, maybe not. I think I've said about all I need to say for this.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can pretty much play anything, although I tend to steer clear of sports games (football, rugby etc, they just don't float my boat.)

I mainly tend to play RPGs, fighting games, racing games (mainly just cars), action games, adventure games.

There are very few genres I won't play, but to name a few they're mainly just sports games, survival horror games (I like Resident Evil but not Silent Hill, SH is just too damn freaky and fucks with my mind), strategy based RPGs, most of the time I'd steer clear, but I do enjoy a good game of Front Mission or Onimusha Tactics (GBA). That is actually about all that I won't play (other than SNK fighters )

Favourite series/game for genre:

RPG - Final Fantasy (Mainly VII and X, XII sucks yes yes it does.)
    Fighter - Street Fighter (Mainly Alpha/3 series) & Tekken (Mainly 3 & 5)
    Racer - Gran Turismo (2, yes 2, I actually prefer the PSX version of GT2 to the PS2 versions (3&4))
    Survival Horror - Resident Evil 1 & 4 (Or RE series in general)
    Action/Adventure(ish?) - God of War & Devil May Cry (Teh series)
    Tactical RPG - Front Mission 3 and Onimusha Tactics Advance
    FPS - Errr. Half Life maybe?

Thanks
    EP Points

Cosmic likes
    2D platformers
    Beat 'em ups
    First person shooters
    Point and click adventures
    Puzzle games
    Racing games

Cosmic doesn't like
    Real time strategy games
    Sports games (for the most part...)

Cosmic isn't particularly bothered one way or the other about
    Turn-based RPGs

Cake?
    Cake.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I usually steer clear of most N64 games. And games with language that I don't understand. Two specific titles I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot barge pole? Donkey Kong Country 64, and Castlevania 64. Horrible. Both of them.
    Lies DK64 and Castlevania 64 are both 2 excellent games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Games I don't even consider trying are sports games. They seem so pointless to me. I'm also not a big fan of MMORPGs, especially free ones. No interesting story or characters, only endless leveling up. And let's face it, there are just too many idiots. So yeah, that's not exactly the definiton of fun, not for me.

Titles I tend to enjoy are offline RPGs, horror, adventure and action games, or the combination of these.

Oh, and Oblivion sucks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Lies DK64 and Castlevania 64 are both 2 excellent games.
    Okay, I can see CV64, but DK64? Come on, that thing sucked massively, how can anyone with any taste possibl-

RPG - Final Fantasy (Mainly VII and X, XII sucks yes yes it does.)
    Oh.

Forget I said anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Games I don't even consider trying are sports games. They seem so pointless to me. I'm also not a big fan of MMORPGs, especially free ones. No interesting story or characters, only endless leveling up. And let's face it, there are just too many idiots. So yeah, that's not exactly the definiton of fun, not for me.

Titles I tend to enjoy are offline RPGs, horror, adventure and action games, or the combination of these.

Oh, and Oblivion sucks.
    Yup I hated Oblivion too, I much prefer cutesy RPGs to realistically made ones...

So I guess I have no taste because I loved almost all of Rare's N64 games?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So I guess I have no taste because I loved almost all of Rare's N64 games?
    No, that's normal. Rare made some great stuff for the 64.

However DK64 is not among those great games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Rare have gone really shitty. PDZ, Kameo and Viva Pinata. All 3 sucked, and are 360 games. I wish Rare would go back to Nintendo, then Nintendo would NOT suck donkey dick like they do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I thought castlevania 64 was pretty cool, I mean at the time that was the "scariest" game for the n64, the graphics werent to bad and the gameplay wasnt bad either

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ray. View Post
    No, that's normal. Rare made some great stuff for the 64.

However DK64 is not among those great games.
    Castlevania 64... not so good, it's ok... but...

Donkey Kong 64... good, if you over look how they ruin donkey kong... the game play is good though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice post layout think I'll rip it off,
    cheers cosmic.

Dino likes
    2D platformers
    2d fighters
    2d shumps
    Puzzle games
    Racing games
    Golf games
    The Specilaists
    Wierd japanese stuff
    Turn based RPG's
    Racing games

Dino doesn't like
    3d fighters
    flight sims
    RTS
    turn based strat
    Alot of 3d stuf...

Dino isn't particularly bothered one way or the other about
    MMO's

Cake?
    Defo,cake
    preferably lemon drizzle.
    Last edited by Dinosaurman; 19th-April-2007 at 17:20.

Thanks

rts give me a feeling of absolute power!!!!!!