Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 148198238243244245246247248249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I plan to start playing Zelda oracle of seasons(and after that oracle of ages), and i was wondering if anyone could clarify the password system for these games? From what i've skimmed over it sounds like both games need to be played through twice, and after beating one with a non-linked save file i get a password to start a linked save file on the other game which has more story content? I think i also read there is passwords for secret areas that can be obtained as well or something? It all seems quite confusing really.
    From what I remember you can use either a link cable or the password system to transfer to the next game.

Take a glance at the strategy guide scans and it will tell you exactly .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmn link cable eh? I'll be using a really ancient version of vba-m that doesn't support linking(svn 926) so thats out of the question. I haven't really kept it up to date, since it works fine outside of linking being grayed out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmmn link cable eh? I'll be using a really ancient version of vba-m that doesn't support linking(svn 926) so thats out of the question. I haven't really kept it up to date, since it works fine outside of linking being grayed out.
    Try Gambatte?

its the most accurate GB/GBC emulator.

Just take a screenshot of the password and away you go.

Here is a comparison of GB emulators and their functions.

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/w...olor_emulators
    Last edited by Warrior; 12th-October-2015 at 17:18.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I typically play with filters, and i find "accurate" emulators tend to have less of those a lot of the time so i'll probably keep using VBA-M heh. I will look into try to update it later, assuming that my save files/states still end up being usable in the newer version. AS for the strategy guide scans.....i'll admit it, i'm just too lazy to go look for them

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I typically play with filters, and i find "accurate" emulators tend to have less of those a lot of the time so i'll probably keep using VBA-M heh. I will look into try to update it later, assuming that my save files/states still end up being usable in the newer version. AS for the strategy guide scans.....i'll admit it, i'm just too lazy to go look for them
    Gambatte is not BSNES garbage if thats what you originally had in mind.

I use Gambatte in Retroarch and it works like a charm, just no link support but thats fine, other emulators have that but since I ain't a pokemon player its kinda unneeded .

Thanks
    EP Points

I've decided to be lazy and not update vba-m or change emulators. Seems how i can just use passwords to deal with between game stuff there isn't really much need to update or change emulators. Only a little ways into oracle of seasons at the moment but looks great so far. It reminds me of Link's awakening(original) but slightly more advanced features. I have a copy of Link's awakening DX around here somewhere but never really bothered to play much of it.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 12th-October-2015 at 23:11.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've decided to be lazy and not update vba-m or change emulators. Seems how i can just use passwords to deal with between game stuff there isn't really much need to update or change emulators. Only a little ways into oracle of seasons at the moment but looks great so far. It reminds me of Link's awakening(original) but slightly more advanced features. I have a copy of Link's awakening DX around here somewhere but never really bothered to play much of it.
    Same regarding Links Awakening, all 3 of them are good games though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Registration for the Battleborn (PS4/PC/Xbone) closed tech tests are now open, if you want to try your luck, guys.

https://battleborn.com/en/news/

Thanks
    EP Points

Thought i'd drop by and ask another question. I recently stumbled onto Super Paper mario, is this game just a port/remake(with wonky controls) of TTYD?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

No. It's an entirely different game. The general opinion is that TTYD is better (arguably the best Paper Mario), but that doesn't mean Super Paper Mario is bad or anything. Sticker Star is the only Paper Mario I've heard people disliking.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Who else thinks this is some of the funniest news related to gaming,

Seriously I'm in stitches.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dropping by to discuss Zelda seasons and ages. So, after finishing a non linked seasons games last night i started a new game with the password from seasons on ages. I couldn't help noticing that my rings did not transfer in doing so. I guess if i'm understanding things correctly from skimming guides, that basically i'll get to see some extra aspects of the Ages story(first time playing it) by having done things this way, but in exchange i can't get any of the rings I had collected in seasons? I'm guessing if i had gotten the "ring secret" password from seasons and used that on Ages, that i wouldn't be able to see the extra story stuff?

EDIT
    Okay I figured out how this works. The ring secret password is not as long as the password you get at the end of the game, so clearly it can't be used to start a game. Turned out I had to use it at the ring shop in Ages to transfer my rings. So in short ignore everything above the word edit in my post, this matter has been solved.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 24th-October-2015 at 02:58.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is this really possible?

Mute the sound though, dude used the Tales of Legendia op theme.

Thanks
    EP Points

You know it would be nice to see a re-boot or sequeal to Rally Cross. I really enjoyed playing the first one. One remade today or a sequel would be awesome. With all the advance physics and graphics powers we have these days.

Thanks
    EP Points

avatar_a897ad1df030_128.png Wii U why you not have Pokemon Snap?
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.