Page 245 of 258 FirstFirst ... 145195235240241242243244245246247248249250255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

*PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    They ain't even trying anymore are they?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

So that Red Ash Kickstarter was terrible and a failure, but the anime Kickstarter slipped though because it only needed a pittance. What's the right thing to do after fluking out and getting money? Ask for more of course, on their own not-Kickstarter funding site:
    http://www.fun-and.studio4c.jp/index...ode=red_ash_en

Completely unrelated but relevant, Mighty No. 9 still won't be out by the time this 2 month funding drive is finished. I don't understand why anybody would give them money.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here a Valkyria Chronicles 2 fan? I'm trying to figure out why 3 Paid missions aren't available for purchase. First off i'll say that i'm already in post game. The 3 paid missions that aren't available are Order Mastery, History sleeps below, and The Pandora ship. Anyone know what triggers any of these 3 to become available for purchase in game?

EDIT
    Ignore this post, i've figured out what I need to know.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 26th-August-2015 at 01:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    So that Red Ash Kickstarter was terrible and a failure, but the anime Kickstarter slipped though because it only needed a pittance. What's the right thing to do after fluking out and getting money? Ask for more of course, on their own not-Kickstarter funding site:
    http://www.fun-and.studio4c.jp/index...ode=red_ash_en

Completely unrelated but relevant, Mighty No. 9 still won't be out by the time this 2 month funding drive is finished. I don't understand why anybody would give them money.
    "We need 2.5 million for a 90 minute animated movie for a game which was cancelled and is set in an alternate universe to a game that isn't out yet"

Wow it's almost like anime is a super expensive thing that you usually pull out after you have a successful property you already made boatloads of money on. So that it funds itself and will probably make it all back since there's a fan base.

These people serious? They're expecting too much too fast. Too many former big studio types in the company methinks. They expect to just throw around piles of money like it's nothing without building up to it.

Release the damn game already. Let the wait and see brigade (hi by the way) buy it. Sell some preorders to late comers. Whatever. There's your money for animations or other games.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://kotaku.com/ballsy-chinese-con...x-o-1724466982

I'm sold. Like, Totally.

http://kotaku.com/darth-vader-gets-h...ps4-1724430346

It sure looks cool though, IMO. Not sure why some people hated it, probably because of the controller.

TEHHH FORCEE IZ STRONGG.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    I like how they think it's important enough to warrant a Kickstarter. Because everyone that already got an Ouya thought to themselves, "I can't wait to get another one of these with even worse support".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

That Chinese console looks terrible.

The Vader console would be nice but yeah I'd hide the controller in a drawer

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here still got Borderlands 1 for the PS3? I need help trying to do the underdome DLC(both playthroughs of it). Playing as a level 54 soldier, psn is rmcin329 if anyone feels like lending a hand. Hoping for either someone level 40 or lower to host it so they'd be easy to kill, or if i'm to host then someone level 65+ would be preferable.

Thanks

I'd like to know if there was a real game present or past that even attempts at representing a living world. What I mean is that I'm tired of every game I play is just wooden towns, cities, shops. They all exist for no reason, just props. I don't get why there isn't a game where a npc can do something other than just randomly move around or hand out a quest.

The list of "fake" world games are huge but I'll mention something like the witcher 3 or skyrim as an example. The closest I've ever seen to a game world where you don't matter, is like mount and blade warband or X3: Albion Prelude. However I'm bored of those two and even still,they are not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kinda asking too much doncha think?

Off the top of my head I think of Steambot Chronicles and Radiata Stories.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

People always mention Shenmue in discussions like this. I've never played it, so I can't make any direct references, but I've always heard the world is amazing. While your character is still central to the narrative, the NPCs have their own lives that they live, with or without you.

Or so I've been told.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    People always mention Shenmue in discussions like this. I've never played it, so I can't make any direct references, but I've always heard the world is amazing. While your character is still central to the narrative, the NPCs have their own lives that they live, with or without you.

Or so I've been told.
    Even if you turn the system off......................

Thanks

Well thanks for the suggestions, but from what I read those don't seem quite right either. What I was looking for is a sandbox style game where you can go anywhere and npcs go about their business trading and fighting eachother and you can help them if you want. Maybe Shenmue III would be close, but it is slated for 2017 and it didn't sound very interesting (kungfu revenge with minigames?) . Open world rpgs can be fun, but as Mugato on Zoolander said referring to every look being the same "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here." Zelda, witcher, mass effect, elder scrolls, etc to me its all the same one look.

I don't see how it'd be difficult to have npcs doing some if/then logic every 10 seconds to respond to situations in the players local proximity and then retaining a log of interactions. I would think that could lead to a unique game where an npc you helped could maybe be nerarby and come help you. Or maybe another npc affiliated with an npc you attacked will track you down. Maybe I should become a game designer lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

You're talking about some major machine learning and AI there, buddy. There's plenty of things that do that, but they're usually online, and actively being built by the interactions of millions of users at once. That log of interactions you're talking about would be terabytes, which isn't even close to feasible to store as part of your save file. Especially when you consider that each NPC would have to have a separate log.

The kind of thing you're looking for just doesn't exist, and I'd expect at least 5 years before it's feasible to start incorporating into games on a smaller scale than you're asking for. AI and machine learning are still relatively young fields, and there's not a one-size-fits-all solution for how to parse and store any raw data that comes in, let alone respond to it.

To illustrate this:
    Let's take NPC Bob.
    Bob has 10 different events that happen involving him throughout the game, hard coded, regardless of player interaction.
    In each of these situations, there are 3 possible actions the player can take: help, hurt, ignore.
    That's not 30 routes. That's 3^10 = 59049 routes. So for one NPC, there are 60k possible different states he could be in after 10 events. 60k different possible ways he could react based on your previous actions. 60k different potential actions he could take, all of which have to be coded.
    You help Bob find his cat.
    You hurt Bob by stealing from his store.
    You ignore Bob when he's singing American Pie on the riverbank.
    You hurt Bob by convincing him that betting on the next horse is a sure thing and will make back all his losses.
    etc.

The only ways to realistically do something like that is to either make each event dependent only on one other event or specific combination of events (i.e. help with cat AND ignore American Pie vs. did not help with cat OR did not ignore American Pie), or to give each action you take a point value and decide reaction at each of Bob's later decision points based on the total score. In the latter case, Bob would have an arbitrary number that represents his affiliation with you, and helping would raise the number, hurting would lower the number, and ignoring would not affect it. This is how the Final Fantasy 7 Gold Saucer date works. You accumulate points with each party member based on your actions each time you are given a prompt in game, and who you have in your party during certain key events. There's actually a guide out there somewhere that tells you the exact point values for each event in case you want to aim for getting a date with Barret, for example.