Page 226 of 258 FirstFirst ... 126176216221222223224225226227228229230231236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Hey, you should have watched the trailer - it shows all the old versions before showing the newest one!
    would have but youtube's not working for some reason, it starts the vide then gets all snowy and I get an error occurred message

Thanks
    EP Points

I did read somewhere that they've redone all the puzzles and added some new features. Yeah, it's still technically a rehash, but it seems to me it's just kinda of the same setting with all the innards reworked. Oh well, it's only $15 - not much to bitch about really
    I still got to properly play the N64 version and the PC engine version I might look more into this later, but I'm not holding my breath

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

[ Shadowgate video ]
    Not sure I'm real crazy about the art style, but I definitely dig me some Shadowgate
    I really like the background/environment artwork, but the creature animations look out of place, if that makes sense. I'm still interested in it, if it comes to a platform that I play.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    I still got to properly play the N64 version and the PC engine version I might look more into this later, but I'm not holding my breath
    Never played the N64 game - I forgot it even existed
    Beyond Shadowgate on Turbo is a decent game, but it sure as hell is about the farthest thing from traditional Shadowgate that they could have ever come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I really like the background/environment artwork, but the creature animations look out of place, if that makes sense. I'm still interested in it, if it comes to a platform that I play.
    My thoughts exactly - I'd rather the enemies be static images or something - they just don't look right when they are moving.
    I'll grab the game for sure - Shadowgate needs an update anyway - it's pretty clunky on the NES these days

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Do you never play anything on PC? System requirements should be pretty low, since it's a point and click game.
    I was thinking it was coming to consoles as well, but maybe the Kickstarter didn't make enough money for that.
    Can't be bothered with PC, but I guess I could and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    USB extenders are really cheap if it's a big problem for you.

Handheld battery life is fine, people just like to bitch.
    I've got heaps of cables and shit, I just find using cables for wireless controllers annoying. Didn't bother me years ago because I was quite accustomed to using controllers with cords but it's different now. Like I said; it's just the built in battery the annoys me...I can't swap out the batteries Not a big deal however, I use a cord until the battery is charged up again.

Spoiler warning:

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I'm so looking forward to the Shadowgate remake! Does it have a release date yet? I want it now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I'm so looking forward to the Shadowgate remake! Does it have a release date yet? I want it now...
    Doesn't have an official release date yet, but apparently late summer. So probably end of August/beginning of September, unless they delay.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Holy Crap, that looks awesome, love the original Shadowgate
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Doesn't have an official release date yet, but apparently late summer. So probably end of August/beginning of September, unless they delay.
    Better late than never I suppose. Think I will play through the NES version a couple of times before then. Maybe even the Swedish version, for the lulz.

Thanks
    EP Points

Metro HD Remakes officially announced:
    http://www.destructoid.com/metro-red...r-275214.phtml

I'm looking forward to this - I've held off on both games, so they'll be fresh when I get around to this. I think it's nice that the games will be available separately for $25 each, for those of you who only want one of them. I'm hoping this comes out in early June - it would be nice to have something new to play

Thanks
    EP Points

Metro HD Remakes officially announced:
    http://www.destructoid.com/metro-red...r-275214.phtml

I'm looking forward to this - I've held off on both games, so they'll be fresh when I get around to this. I think it's nice that the games will be available separately for $25 each, for those of you who only want one of them. I'm hoping this comes out in early June - it would be nice to have something new to play

According to the article, 2033 will have differences compared to the original.
    Brand new content has been added to many of the levels, and we’re not just talking new textures, either. Some levels have been expanded with new areas to explore. New day/night cycling gives everything a new light as well. Even the cutscenes and quick time events have been overhauled completely.

LL will just have visual improvements.
    As for the new version of Last Light, it gets all the visual upgrades that 2033 does. But don’t expect it to look markedly different from the current version.
    Curious to find out if the crashing and save deletions have been fixed for LL, because the PS3 version is plagued by them.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

2033 already looked pretty good, I'm honestly not seeing that much of a difference. And didn't LL just come out last year? And already it's needing a graphical update? Obvious cashcow milking but definitely good for those that missed out on the original, which is a fine FPS.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    2033 already looked pretty good, I'm honestly not seeing that much of a difference. And didn't LL just come out last year? And already it's needing a graphical update? Obvious cashcow milking but definitely good for those that missed out on the original, which is a fine FPS.
    I assume there would be a very noticable difference between the original and revamped console versions. Next gen hardware.
    2033 will be using the LL engine.
    And apparently
    It does see a big change in gameplay options with its new choice of two game modes. Last Light’s play style was more spartan, with more power to play with and more resources available. On the other hand, 2033 was more about survival. Both games in Metro: Redux let you freely change the feel of the game, letting you jump into both play styles. Even the small details change between these survival and spartan modes, like the speed of your gun reloads
    I'm only interested in console versions But yeah, the original games are still fine as far as I'm concerned.
    But if 2033 has some serious changes and additions it'll be well worth a try someday. I really like the Metro games.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm only interested in console versions But yeah, the original games are still fine as far as I'm concerned.
    But if 2033 has some serious changes and additions it'll be well worth a try someday. I really like the Metro games.
    I really like the Metro games too, not as much as you however.. I can't wait to get my hands on the remastered versions on PS4. I bet 2033 looks absolutely incredible. And hopefully they'll have polished out some of the bugs in Last Light, and hopefully removed all that God awful DLC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    hopefully removed all that God awful DLC.
    Not all of it is bad you're just a fag

Spoiler warning: