Page 204 of 258 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Hmm, nothing I care about, not yet at least. Waiting for Dishonored to go 75% off, that's about it I think.
    I'm almost considering that Endless Space game. Do you know anything about it Gare? I know it's a strategy game, and I generally like them....
    I'm kinda mad about Hotline Miami though - I literally bought it less than a week ago for $10, and now it's $2.49 or something.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm afraid I don't know anything about it. I usually don't like strategy games, so yeah...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'm afraid I don't know anything about it. I usually don't like strategy games, so yeah...
    My problem with many of them is that they suck as strategy games, so I just weigh them on their other merits and as a game as a whole. They can't all be Brigandine basically...

That all being said, the gameplay in Endless Space is pretty good. If you are looking for solid turn-based strategy gameplay it's a fine choice. It's pretty massive.

Not sure what all is factoring into your decision here Flava, but I also recommend Homeworld 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire, which are real time strategy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Not sure what all is factoring into your decision here Flava, but I also recommend Homeworld 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire, which are real time strategy.
    I kind of feel like a new turn based game, since I think I've played about as much Civ 5 as I can (although there is a new expansion out). I love RTS games, but I just haven't been in the mood for one in a long ass time, though both games you mentioned are fantastic. It's only $10, so it isn't really a big deal, it's just I probably won't touch it and it will just be added to my pile of shame in the Steam catalog.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So holy shit, Disgaea D2 LE set with the guide pack-in sold out in 3 days. Fortunately you can just pay a little more and get the LE set and get the guide from Amazon, but I hope everyone here (Ragnar only? ) that wanted it got their pre-order in.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah I already bit on the $100 set. I noticed when it was hitting 50% a day in and was like "WTF?!". But we shouldn't be surprised, D2 is supposedly a great game, unlike Time and Eternity which even managed to sellout eventually.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Since everyone is talking about Disgaea, did you guys see this? http://www.destructoid.com/disgaea-4...n-258052.phtml
    I'm sure it will make it's way overseas, since D3 did. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to that game some time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Yeah I already bit on the $100 set. I noticed when it was hitting 50% a day in and was like "WTF?!". But we shouldn't be surprised, D2 is supposedly a great game, unlike Time and Eternity which even managed to sellout eventually.
    Yeah it's gonnnnnnnn be gud and shit. I can hardly wait to play it. I almost waited until T&E billed so I could get $5 off, but I'll just use that on GFP and I'm glad I didn't wait with how quickly it sold out.

T&E def looks like a bad game, but I'll give it a go, and I'll be keeping the LE regardless. Mine shipped, and I should get it Monday.

I'm guessing T&E had a fairly small print run btw, NISA knows what they are doing and marketed it well but there is no way it had their recent average print run and ended up selling out. Not with the way people are talking about it anyway, unless there are lots of hypocrites out there (this wouldn't really be surprising). I'm guessing they learned from Mugen Souls, which is still in stock (the LE versions anyway). Even the regular edition for T&E sold out on pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Since everyone is talking about Disgaea, did you guys see this? http://www.destructoid.com/disgaea-4...n-258052.phtml
    I'm sure it will make it's way overseas, since D3 did. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to that game some time.
    Yeah. There was a huge fap party where they announced a bunch of awesome stuff.

I'll get it, and I'm hoping it will come prepacked with all the dlc.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 13th-July-2013 at 18:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I was waiting for T&E to ship before ordering too. Thankfully I didn't wait when I noticed the stock level moving. My T&E still hasn't shipped, so I would've been screwed if I waited.

I still haven't grabbed that D3 port. It's just a regular edition so it shouldn't be a problem. I just want a Vita bundle I want first...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There was a bonus item with D3 Vita for awhile. Some kind of cleaning cloth that I would NEVER USE EVER BECAUSE I CANT TAKE IT OUT OF THE PACKAGING AND GET IT DIRTY. It does look nice though.

Here is a nice picture of it actually: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disgaea-3-Ab...p2047675.l2557

I'm not sure where you'd classify it as being part of the game. I'd probably put it on the same level as the Atelier Iris 1-2 soundtrack discs, the AI 3 art book, Disgaea 2 soundtrack etc...

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually I saw that, and frankly didn't care. To get stuff from the NISA store I need to pay $10-$15 shipping depending on the game, or bounce a package through a proxy in the US. That little bit of cloth is worth $1-$2 to me, IMO a cleaning cloth is about the worst promo available. So yeah, not worth the effort. If they bothered to do something interesting with their cloth, like the old Lunar cloth maps I would've gotten it in a heartbeat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah yeah, that sucks. Guess I can't really blame them since I assume they are sending international priority. Free shipping and no tax for me so their store is always my first choice.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I don't find the price unreasonable considering it's what it costs. But it's pretty annoying knowing they used to charge $7-8 to US residents, which they just eat now, but they won't knock anything off the international prices

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah international priority in the range they are sending (big box ps3 games anyway) is insane for normal people. I assume they get some kind of discount/business rate or something, or they'd be losing their shirt. Unfortunately the floor is pretty high too (esp after the price increases). After checking they seem to offer non-priority options (that offer no money back if the package is lost...yikes!). How much are these?

They should just put a warehouse in Canada.

Oh and they used to charge more than $7-8. Iirc my order for MK2 right before they switch sites was over $70. I wonder if it is still in my order history...

It's not but my first order after the switch (Atelier Rorona) had $12 in additional costs. Ended up being $72 for a $60 game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    After checking they seem to offer non-priority options (that offer no money back if the package is lost...yikes!). How much are these?
    Donno, I don't bother getting stuff like this directly to me anymore. I just send stuff like this to a US proxy, drive down to the USA whenever something comes in, and pay a couple bucks for my pickup.