Page 19 of 258 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I don't understand... I haven't played Psychonauts...

Virtual gun > real gun m i rite?
    I'm surprised you're not playing C&C3... HEATHEN x2!! :O!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Whether or not it makes much of a difference is to be seen. I hope for their sake that they can make something of it.

Me though, I'm going to wait for a price drop before even considering buying a PS3, and I definitely won't until there are games for it to justify buying one. With Sony's exclusives slowly going multi-platform, I can't help but think that it's going to be awhile yet before that happens.
    I won't get one yet either. Even though there are some super sweet deals here in Sweden, where you can buy the PS3 for almost $100 less than the recommended price. Sweetz!

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    I'm surprised you're not playing C&C3... HEATHEN x2!! :O!
    I'm not getting it until tomorrow.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ha-ha! Virtua Fighter 5 costs £50. Final Fantasy, 60kb minimum savefile; VF5, 2458kb (HDD blah).
    I think PS3 is costing almost £500 in UK.

I saw Xbox Elite, earlier today. Here: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=52196

I paused the vid. Why? Because he said "It's black" 3 times in 10 seconds. "It has 120 GB and it's black". "Yep, back to black. Old school". "I'm really proud of the black finish".

Read the comments to the article. I bet Crusher is one of them lol. ;harold:

It also had it's own wiki page a few hours ago. Hmmm.
    It must not warrant one, since it's basically a touched-up re-release. If you can call it that - nothing a little memory card can't fix!

It can now be found on the main X360 page.

I suppose it will solely be mainly targeted/benefit for newcomers to MicroSoft. Although you can bet some purist fans will grab theirs, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Also, Lethe, your story brought me good memories of my youth playing KOF.
    Yeah. When I was younger, we just used to have parties, taking it in turns with games such as Super Street Fighter II and Tekken 2. *sigh*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe° View Post
    I used to hate him, aswell. He screamed emotion and he was average in any way possible. Made me --->

I done something like that back in '05 against several others, presumably tourists. Once (same day, different story), there was a group of younger boys, who were more local, playing/hogging at the machine. I asked if I could play, and they said, "Yeah, yeah, winner stays on", and I waited a little while just next to them quietly. That's how I do.
    My turn - the boy was getting big-headed because he slaughtered his friend - I choose Lee and break out a 10-hit. They look at me in amazement. XD
    Then Kazuya, and while I was screwing up his legs he raised his hand, and turned to me and said, "What is that?!".
    Repeast with Julia.
    I love you.

There were two older boys there at the time. I thought they were friends but I soon found they spoke differently. I dunno, they could've been. Anyway, the first boy (sounded European), fought me just once. Reason: I perfect'd him with Jin, on the Waterfall stage, with the last uppercut of his 10-hit combo. And then he said, "You bust my ass!". He went somewhere after that.
    Was the guy you were playing blind, or did he, perhaps, have tiny nubs where his arms should've been? Seriously, I can win most matches simply by throwing my opponent again and again, but even that is impossible with Jin for some inconceivable reason.

Then there was this one guy, sounded Australian, and we began playing. The most worthy Tekken player I have ever faced. I choose my character, he chooses his - as a sort of test-drive to see how each other play.
    Match begins, I try to punch him.

He moves my hand out the way.

I was like, "How do you do that?". He made it look simple.

So, I kept beating him for the best of 20 matches but eventually he caught up. At around 30+ scores (we had quite a few matches), he announced that our scores were the same and we should choose our best players to decide [who is the one].
    So I chose Nina and he chose Christie. The rounds were set to 3 BTW. Anyway, he won and I won, 'til eventually it became final.
    We both had little bits of life - only one hit would have been needed on both sides - and we gradually resorted to doing the same move, trying to catch each other off-guard. He was swinging his legs around, while I kept trying that [Geyser Cannon combo] (I think that's what it's called. The one where you press db + O, X).

Until I caught him.

He looked gutted. And I just said, "Laters, yeah". He said "Later", looking at me as I made my noble exit over the horizon. Or round the corner. Just like in the movies.
    <3

Nina? Now, I don't hate her, but I definitely don't consider her to be anywhere near great. Hmm, my brother almost always wins when the two of us go at it with our best characters. I'm Hwoarang and he's Steve, and I just can't fight that fucker. The only way for me to win is to go on the defense and then hit him with throws and wicked flykicks whenever he leaves an opening, and don't have enough patience to be a good defensive player. =/

Nah, like I said before, he was average. It was like he was meant to appeal for the masses.
    In Tekken 4, he was a little more special. He was a secret character and he had cool attires, as well as a decent story mode.
    When that game came out, everyone was like "They [Namco] have messed up Jin!". But I think it was for the greater good - someone with a genuine Karate style and required a degree of skill. Not just another Mishima with moves fused with Jun (something which later on Asuka would make appropriate).
    Eh, that seems about right for Tekken 3 Jin. I can, however, not see how the TVJ could appeal to anyone, with the Mishima spinkickshit taken out (Devil Jin still has it though). I mean, that's the nubs' favourite move since most other nubs are too dumb to block it and counter. I haven't played the fourth game so I can't comment on that.

And Elmdor, Tekken 5 was promoting the new characters. I think Asuka can be seen on the International versions of the game:

Both Jin and Devil Jin's epilogues depict him as turing to the dark side. I think it is about time Jin was made a boss. He will probaly be on the next cover.
    Ah, well.. Asuka > Jin, so, yeah. Tsk, I want a list of the official endings; Jin is too much of a pussy to be the head of the zaibatsu. And I wonder if Yoshi or Brian actually died, not that they're human or anything, but still.

Who knows - maybe they will pull off a Virtua Fighter and make the next game a montage of characters, like what they did with 1 and 2. But I think your decision to place Kuma on the front was nothing short of ludicrous. :p
    It'd be better than Jin atleast. He doesn't even have any special moves, Hwoarang said so! :O!

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1742

They are pics of things to come from Namco. Bear in mind that the game isn't even finished yet, so you are looking at an unfinished jigsaw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHEzK6tzq8

I think, if Tekken Force was to be included in this, the story should revolve around Jin. However, the control fashion would be in a similar style to God Hand, in the sense that you use the right-analogue stick to sway, sidestep etc, while you still maintain the ability to jump, block and turn into devil mode. His entire movelist should also be available one way or the other.

Failing that, Tekken Ball could make a welcome comeback.
    Uh, Tekken Force.. that.. thingie where you.. fight people to get Doctor What's-his-face? Yeah, I want it back, but not if it'll have anything to do with Jin. He already got Devil within for crying out loud. :<

Edit: Oh, and it'd be weird for him to fight the Tekken Force if he's the one commanding them. Hmm.. he could tell them to attack Hwoarang or something, that'd be rad. Tekken Ball mode stinks. Sorry.

And am I the only one who thinks Kunimitsu should return ? I never took muck notice of the character, until she started disappearing and stuff. She was like Tekken's version of Taki from SC. If she did come back, I think they should implement her with some similar moves.

There's also a lot of talk about Tekken Tag 2. No doubt it's going to happen. I think a tag system could be included in this game, like in DOA4.
    You are. Yoshi killed her in Tekken II.

WTF?
    WTF? Where'd you get that!?

Crusher's happy because he's a PS3 fanatic. Elmdor told me he has a PS3 tattoo on his penis that says "Powered by Cell Technology". Now, how did Elmdor find out about that, I have NO idea. Probably something to do with crusher's mom and/or hawt phone secks between any two of them... Or three, if you're kinky.
    Roux = Sherlock. I was talking to his mother while she was giving him a spongebath and she asked me if I wanted to know what his new penis tattoo said. We had to stop talking soon thereafter though, because Jonas' granny arrived, are they were going to have sex. Rumors state that crusher is getting a new wang tattoo that'll say "Incest! It's the best!", but that information has yet to be confirmed.
    Last edited by Elmdor; 28th-March-2007 at 22:24.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars View Post
    Roux = Sherlock. I was talking to his mother while she was giving him a spongebath and she asked me if I wanted to know what his new penis tattoo said. We had to stop talking soon thereafter though, because Jonas' granny arrived, are they were going to have sex. Rumors state that crusher is getting a new wang tattoo that'll say "Incest! It's the best!", but that information has yet to be confirmed.
    Confirm now, darn it!! :O!

You KNOW we need to!

Sleepened well, Elmy-pooh?

Thanks

Confirm now, darn it!! :O!

You KNOW we need to!

Sleepened well, Elmy-pooh?
    I'll call her tomorrow then.

Yes.. but how did you know? Or, what? :O

So, yeah, FFXII is pissing me off. I can't beat the bosses simply by activating all my gambits, I actually have to press the buttons myself. Cruddy AI..

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

I'll call her tomorrow then.

Yes.. but how did you know? Or, what? :O

So, yeah, FFXII is pissing me off. I can't beat the bosses simply by activating all my gambits, I actually have to press the buttons myself. Cruddy AI..
    What boss? And what gambits are you using?

I always change them if need be. Constantly, even! If nothing works out at first...

Set Heal/Cure/Revive as high priority and you shouldn't have any trouble just standing there while your party grinds through. Go make yourself a sandwich and it'll probably be done by the time you get back.

Of course, depends on your ability list...

Thanks

What boss? And what gambits are you using?

I always change them if need be. Constantly, even! If nothing works out at first...

Set Heal/Cure/Revive as high priority and you shouldn't have any trouble just standing there while your party grinds through. Go make yourself a sandwich and it'll probably be done by the time you get back.

Of course, depends on your ability list...
    Uh, I removed the healing gambits from all the characters with quickenings (meaning two out of three) once the kid with the greasy hair joined as a guest. He's not using the high-potions quickly enough though, so people kept dying. Uh, some boss in.. some jungle. Didn't seem that hard, but I should bring some phoenix downs or something the next time. Oil + Fire Attacks = Dead party.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

Uh, I removed the healing gambits from all the characters with quickenings (meaning two out of three) once the kid with the greasy hair joined as a guest. He's not using the high-potions quickly enough though, so people kept dying. Uh, some boss in.. some jungle. Didn't seem that hard, but I should bring some phoenix downs or something the next time. Oil + Fire Attacks = Dead party.
    Yeah, you should learn some abilities to counter that oil... If not Remedy, then use a Napkin (or whatever it's called).

And all your characters should have healing gambits! At least one. At least for bosses. And quickenings suck!

Thanks

Yeah, you should learn some abilities to counter that oil... If not Remedy, then use a Napkin (or whatever it's called).

And all your characters should have healing gambits! At least one. At least for bosses. And quickenings suck!
    Tsk, I'm saving my remedys for later and I only have five napkins. Esuna should cure it, really, but it doesn't. =/ And the damn thing keeps casting petrify, confusion and slow too, I decided to just ignored that.

Yeah, it was a lot easier when I played like that. Meh, there should be a gambit that makes the computer controlled characters run around to collect MP. Quickenings are the best! I link three times for 5000 Damage! Weee!

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Um. Cooking Momma looks like a LOT of Japanese Dreamcast games.

a LOT.

EDIT: during gameplay, I mean.

Thanks

Tsk, I'm saving my remedys for later and I only have five napkins. Esuna should cure it, really, but it doesn't. =/ And the damn thing keeps casting petrify, confusion and slow too, I decided to just ignored that.

Yeah, it was a lot easier when I played like that. Meh, there should be a gambit that makes the computer controlled characters run around to collect MP. Quickenings are the best! I link three times for 5000 Damage! Weee!
    You can get a lot of moneys from selling monstar intestines and the likes... Then buy some remedies/napkins.

Recover MP if < 40% is what I always did...

You should be linking 10+ times -- otherwise, you're just wasting your time, y'know...

Thanks

You can get a lot of moneys from selling monstar intestines and the likes... Then buy some remedies/napkins.

Recover MP if < 40% is what I always did...

You should be linking 10+ times -- otherwise, you're just wasting your time, y'know...
    Yeah, and I'm right next to a merchant too. Problem is that I spent most my cash on weapons and armors no one can wear. Fighting monsters clearly makes sense, but I'm lazy.

Recover MP? :O I don't think I have that one yet..

I know, but I always get unlucky with the chains.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Um. Cooking Momma looks like a LOT of Japanese Dreamcast games.

a LOT.

EDIT: during gameplay, I mean.
    Yeah, it's really something I wish would have caught on over here a lot sooner. Then maybe we'd have gotten some of those awesome DC games here in the US.

Thanks

No seriously. Quickenings suck
    They're good in the beginning when you can basically one shot the bosses, but if it doesn't you're pretty much fucked since you'll have no mp
    Always, always, always have phoenix down or revive gambits at high priority on all the characters you are using :O
    Healing gambits is important too, don't just rely on potions from a guest member.

The recover mp part Roux mentioned is a technik. "Charge" I think it's called, it can fail too so.. best to use at really low mp IMO, since you'll loose all your mp if it fails
    But neat to have when you're out of mp.