Page 172 of 258 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172173174175176177182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fair enough, but you are never going to see a new controller at low price points. Honestly though with most games it is irrelevant anyway since there is hardly any good offline multiplayer (hell some games lock out any kind of multi-player with just one console and copy of the game :/ ). So I guess it matters more if you break controllers. I've only ever had 1 dual shock 3 and on-brand 360 controller and neither show signs of breaking down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Fair enough, but you are never going to see a new controller at low price points. Honestly though with most games it is irrelevant anyway since there is hardly any good offline multiplayer (hell some games lock out any kind of multi-player with just one console and copy of the game :/ ). So I guess it matters more if you break controllers. I've only ever had 1 dual shock 3 and on-brand 360 controller and neither show signs of breaking down.
    my only controllers that "broke" were a third party SNES controller and my N64 joystick

Thanks

i'm disappointed in one of my 360 controllers. the L3 button is breaking on it, and that is a bad thing in games where that is used to run. everything else is fine. just can't run in borderlands, and such. fun fun.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I guess it matters more if you break controllers. I've only ever had 1 dual shock 3 and on-brand 360 controller and neither show signs of breaking down.
    Man, you are so lucky. I've had the worst time with 360 controllers, and I've been through a few PS3 ones as well. I've owned 4 360 consoles over the last 5 years (Original, Elite, Core-needed a backup, and now the Slim), and each unit with the exception of the slim had an analog stick that would always stick into a position just ever so slightly. I'd always have a character just inching off to the right or left, real annoying. As for the PS3, i've had faulty pressure sensitive buttons with a few of the controllers. Say you hit Square or Triangle, and the button would sometimes stick, or it would act as a "light" press and sometimes not work depending on the game.

Up to this point in my life I never had issues with NES, SNES, PS1, etc controllers. It's a shame, especially since they are so damned expensive.

Thanks

you know, thinking about it, i've never had problems with any of those either. including genesis and saturn controllers. or xbox s controllers. i got a madcatz xbox controller with a fan, and that's the only one i've ever had wear out. i have three that i picked up because, ya know, they weren't being made anymore. haven't needed any of them. the first two i bought are still fine. after almost 7 years of use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFave View Post
    Man, you are so lucky. I've had the worst time with 360 controllers, and I've been through a few PS3 ones as well. I've owned 4 360 consoles over the last 5 years (Original, Elite, Core-needed a backup, and now the Slim), and each unit with the exception of the slim had an analog stick that would always stick into a position just ever so slightly. I'd always have a character just inching off to the right or left, real annoying. As for the PS3, i've had faulty pressure sensitive buttons with a few of the controllers. Say you hit Square or Triangle, and the button would sometimes stick, or it would act as a "light" press and sometimes not work depending on the game.

Up to this point in my life I never had issues with NES, SNES, PS1, etc controllers. It's a shame, especially since they are so damned expensive.
    i hate Dualshocks in every way possible.

Thanks

i think that playstation controllers have been my least favorite ever... other than the wii-mote and n64 controller.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trimaj View Post
    i think that playstation controllers have been my least favorite ever... other than the wii-mote and n64 controller.
    funny, N64 is my favorite. WiiMote is the best controller i have ever used

Thanks
    EP Points

Super retarded? I agree.

Hell, I thought the Dualshock 3 was overpriced.
    39.99 isn't good enough?

I play all my gba and nds and every other games with ps3 except for n64. I only play super smash bros and pokemon stadium 2 with ps3 controller. Everyone in the family used to drop the controller on the floor, and no one ever though of getting one of those cover thingies. Bought my own a few months ago and I only use it when no one is here lol.
    Last edited by Jubilation; 14th-September-2012 at 17:47.

Thanks

to each their on GSB. i can't stand the motion controls. inaccurate and finicky is putting it mildly in my opinion. the only thing i like LESS is touch screen stupidity.

for the n64... it was just awkward. i was one of the few people who could hold it normally without needing my left hand on the middle part of the controller (it was too small). i can't think of anything that has made my hand cramp more than using one of those.

Thanks

to each their on GSB. i can't stand the motion controls. inaccurate and finicky is putting it mildly in my opinion. the only thing i like LESS is touch screen stupidity.

for the n64... it was just awkward. i was one of the few people who could hold it normally without needing my left hand on the middle part of the controller (it was too small). i can't think of anything that has made my hand cramp more than using one of those.
    funny, i like motion controls. it's just some publishers don't make use of them very good

Thanks

i can't think of a single game i've tried where i thought they were implemented even decently.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i can't think of a single game i've tried where i thought they were implemented even decently.
    Skyward Sword.
    One of the only ones I can think of.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

then you haven't played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

Sheik of Time barely beat me to it

Thanks
    EP Points

lol i always wondered how people were able to play games like that. some of the good smash players I know use the middle but I feel like it limits my range and stuff and I just end up holding it like a regular controller