Page 17 of 258 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

PS3:
    More than a million consoles were shipped across Europe on launch day last week with 600,000 sold.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6499841.stm

That's impressive... :O

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars View Post
    Hurrr? Jin is, seriously, the worst Tekken character ever.
    I used to hate him, aswell. He screamed emotion and he was average in any way possible. Made me --->

Me and my brother sometimes plays random VS games, first to 20, and neither of us EVER manage to win with Jin. It's impossible. Kuma, Julia and Anna I can manage with, but not Jin.
    I done something like that back in '05 against several others, presumably tourists. Once (same day, different story), there was a group of younger boys, who were more local, playing/hogging at the machine. I asked if I could play, and they said, "Yeah, yeah, winner stays on", and I waited a little while just next to them quietly. That's how I do.
    My turn - the boy was getting big-headed because he slaughtered his friend - I choose Lee and break out a 10-hit. They look at me in amazement. XD
    Then Kazuya, and while I was screwing up his legs he raised his hand, and turned to me and said, "What is that?!".
    Repeast with Julia.

There were two older boys there at the time. I thought they were friends but I soon found they spoke differently. I dunno, they could've been. Anyway, the first boy (sounded European), fought me just once. Reason: I perfect'd him with Jin, on the Waterfall stage, with the last uppercut of his 10-hit combo. And then he said, "You bust my ass!". He went somewhere after that.

Then there was this one guy, sounded Australian, and we began playing. The most worthy Tekken player I have ever faced. I choose my character, he chooses his - as a sort of test-drive to see how each other play.
    Match begins, I try to punch him.

He moves my hand out the way.

I was like, "How do you do that?". He made it look simple.

So, I kept beating him for the best of 20 matches but eventually he caught up. At around 30+ scores (we had quite a few matches), he announced that our scores were the same and we should choose our best players to decide [who is the one].
    So I chose Nina and he chose Christie. The rounds were set to 3 BTW. Anyway, he won and I won, 'til eventually it became final.
    We both had little bits of life - only one hit would have been needed on both sides - and we gradually resorted to doing the same move, trying to catch each other off-guard. He was swinging his legs around, while I kept trying that [Geyser Cannon combo] (I think that's what it's called. The one where you press db + O, X).

Until I caught him.

He looked gutted. And I just said, "Laters, yeah". He said "Later", looking at me as I made my noble exit over the horizon. Or round the corner. Just like in the movies.
    Oh, and he was better in Tekken III..
    Nah, like I said before, he was average. It was like he was meant to appeal for the masses.
    In Tekken 4, he was a little more special. He was a secret character and he had cool attires, as well as a decent story mode.
    When that game came out, everyone was like "They [Namco] have messed up Jin!". But I think it was for the greater good - someone with a genuine Karate style and required a degree of skill. Not just another Mishima with moves fused with Jun (something which later on Asuka would make appropriate).

If I recall correctly, Jin was the first person...or was it Paul?...that I completed T4s Tekken Force with. I mean, it would seem appropriate since their rivals are encountered.
    I played through using his tracksuit costume, something I thought was cool.

I don't remember playing him too much but I remember a little thing I used to do - [Kazama-style 5-hit combo], charge his fists (for flashy reasons) followed by [Tidal Wave] throw.

In Tekken 5, I started taking notice, particularly when the CPU juggles you in Arcade mode.

And, Xena, I really disagree with your post. [IMG]RouxCrossingArms.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by "Ray" View Post
    I also has huge tits bouncing around. The discussion isn't "what's the best fighting game", it's who should've been on the cover of Tekken 5.
    ...I want to talk about it now.

I've owned pretty much every fighting game at some stage, from Double Dragon to Turtles Tournament; Fighting Vipers to Final Fight III; God Hand to MvC2.

And Elmdor, Tekken 5 was promoting the new characters. I think Asuka can be seen on the International versions of the game:

Both Jin and Devil Jin's epilogues depict him as turing to the dark side. I think it is about time Jin was made a boss. He will probaly be on the next cover.

Who knows - maybe they will pull off a Virtua Fighter and make the next game a montage of characters, like what they did with 1 and 2. But I think your decision to place Kuma on the front was nothing short of ludicrous. :p

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1742

They are pics of things to come from Namco. Bear in mind that the game isn't even finished yet, so you are looking at an unfinished jigsaw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHEzK6tzq8

I think, if Tekken Force was to be included in this, the story should revolve around Jin. However, the control fashion would be in a similar style to God Hand, in the sense that you use the right-analogue stick to sway, sidestep etc, while you still maintain the ability to jump, block and turn into devil mode. His entire movelist should also be available one way or the other.

Failing that, Tekken Ball could make a welcome comeback.

And am I the only one who thinks Kunimitsu should return ? I never took muck notice of the character, until she started disappearing and stuff. She was like Tekken's version of Taki from SC. If she did come back, I think they should implement her with some similar moves.

There's also a lot of talk about Tekken Tag 2. No doubt it's going to happen. I think a tag system could be included in this game, like in DOA4.

@ Roux's conversation with god.

Me:
    ok, I'll leave you for now then
    God:
    Just for now? Congratulations. Great.
    Me:
    o...k... well, see ya later God -- probably in a couple years
    God:
    Well that's okay. I see. Woe! I am a Christian. I hear you.
    < Sarcasm

I think he used him on you.

And, yeah, DMC4 is also going to the Xbox. I would've posted earlier but I thought I'd get this out of the way first.

Spoiler warning:
    It's times like this I wish I was Cyberxion.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1671 - I can't seem to find a bigger pic but the game cover looks cochur there. Well, more believable than others.
    Last edited by Lethe°; 28th-March-2007 at 15:02.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Microsoft offically confirmed the 360 elite model, nothing about it's release outside the states has been said:
    http://www.courant.com/business/hc-x...lines-business

But this is the historic announce of the day:

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games :O!

Thanks

I'm still waiting for them to announce Sonic as the next character for Super Smash Bros Melee
    Doubt it's going to happen, but apparently the Mario/Sonic combo isn't making hell freeze over, so you never know..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
    I'm still waiting for them to announce Sonic as the next character for Super Smash Bros Melee
    Doubt it's going to happen, but apparently the Mario/Sonic combo isn't making hell freeze over, so you never know..
    I don't know, but everything is posible seeing a game like this is going to be released

Btw, I've read in a spanish site that VP Lenneth (april) and VP2 Silmeria (end of the summer) will hit the euro shores.. is it possible to have more good news in just one day?

Thanks

Hmm.. that was supposed to be SSB: Brawl but yeah..

Hmm, thats defintly good news, but I didn't even know it wasn't out yet
    I've had the iso of VP2 since around the US launch though, but yet to try it ^^;

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh? I had thought Lenneth was already out here. Saw it in a store a while back. Though that store also had Final Fantasy III DS, so... Guess it must've been an import.

Anyway, good news indeed. It was an absolute sin that we didn't get Valkyrie Profile the first time round anyway. Say what you will about European release dates, but we've still come a long way from the days of the PSX. At least nowadays we get most of the titles that America do...eventually.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, Lenneth for PSP and Silmeria for PS2 will be launched before the year is over. Lenneth in April as Cookie says, and Silmeria sometime during summer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Say what you will about European release dates, but we've still come a long way from the days of the PSX. At least nowadays we get most of the titles that America do...eventually.
    Yeah.. now just give me Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix in english and I could care less about anything else really..

Thanks
    EP Points

Look at Microsoft dudes - seriously, they are very nice when it comes to EU release dates compared to say... Nintendo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    Look at Microsoft dudes - seriously, they are very nice when it comes to EU release dates compared to say... Nintendo.
    That's cos they really don't have much to do in the japanese market, if they don't pay us, euro customers, some attention they would be limited exclusively to their own national market

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I can't help but think it's an April fool's joke... Guess we will know for sure soon enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe° View Post
    And, Xena, I really disagree with your post. [IMG]RouxCrossingArms.jpg[/IMG]
    WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe° View Post
    @ Roux's conversation with god.
    WTF? Where'd you get that!?

Crusher's happy because he's a PS3 fanatic. Elmdor told me he has a PS3 tattoo on his penis that says "Powered by Cell Technology". Now, how did Elmdor find out about that, I have NO idea. Probably something to do with crusher's mom and/or hawt phone secks between any two of them... Or three, if you're kinky.

Thanks

Heck, if the Xbox elite becomes US-exclusive I might end up buying it there instead of my country (yeah, even when they're next to me I don't want to think how overpriced will be here. )

Someone once told me to play those Valkirie Profile games...maybe I'll give them a try.

Also, Lethe, your story brought me good memories of my youth playing KOF.

Thanks

How MUCH is a PS3 over here, anyway, Fer...?