Page 152 of 258 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I would have offered him a bit more but he was pretty pissed off.
    Rightfully so.

Honestly I think I would have just laughed and walked out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah but you aren't a hick with rage issues.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah but you aren't a hick with rage issues.
    The first part is mostly true, the second part is debatable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most people I see on a daily basis would surely make your rage look like nothing. I'm in an angry part of the state haha.

A bit more on topic but I want Eternia to be here so I can play it until the NFL starts...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Heh dude, I played the Duke when I was 7-8. Best memories man.
    yeah that game is awsome but sence im just a kid of about the early teen years im still not really sure if i should go and download doa paradise not to get off subject of duke nukem. i saw a lets play of duke nukem forever and it looks like a cool game so what i have sene idk y people dont like it but its my opinion that i like it i wont force anyone to play it (like i accidently do a lot). so yeah duke nukem 3d for the win!

Thanks
    EP Points

Shoot man. I need to play a game and beat it. I use to be a perfectionist & get 100%. Now I play the game for a few levels and i'm done with it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Shoot man. I need to play a game and beat it. I use to be a perfectionist & get 100%. Now I play the game for a few levels and i'm done with it.
    Eh, I'm a completionist when I have nothing better to do, it usually add some replay value and kills sometime while I wait for something better to do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Eh, I'm a completionist when I have nothing better to do, it usually add some replay value and kills sometime while I wait for something better to do.
    I only play through a game once, unless there is some reason for me to go through again and I really enjoyed it.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I only play through a game once, unless there is some reason for me to go through again and I really enjoyed it.
    I'm usually the same way, I usually try and play the same game like right after beating it, but it usually lead to me getting burnt out like 2/3rds of the way through.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I prefer games that you can 100% w/o multiple play-throughs. I'll get clear-saves if I have to because most of the time I only want to play a game once.

Edit: Games with multiple endings are different.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    yeah that game is awsome but sence im just a kid of about the early teen years im still not really sure if i should go and download doa paradise not to get off subject of duke nukem. i saw a lets play of duke nukem forever and it looks like a cool game so what i have sene idk y people dont like it but its my opinion that i like it i wont force anyone to play it (like i accidently do a lot). so yeah duke nukem 3d for the win!
    The reason people don't like it is because after 12 years of development it's not the greatest thing ever put on a disc. Instead it's a shooter of roughly average quality which completely failed to outshine its competition the way 3D did. It also uses a modern shooter format (health regen, two weapons) instead of the older format (medkits, carrying a whole arsenal) which bothered a lot of people. And then there's the portion of the fanbase which is no longer a couple of teens/pre teens huddled around a computer staring at pixelated tits and occasionally chuckling at one liners from movies that came out before they were born (and likely never saw) who now have the nostalgia ruining experience of realizing how silly and lame it all really was.

Also, some people buy into the rating system based hate concept. In this case it's obvious no one was bought off and several may suffer some form of severe mental deficiency. There were points deducted for the nudity and crude humor. I'll let that one sink in for a second. Others blasted the fact that it has sections where you do other things besides running around on foot shooting things in the face. Things that other games are frequently praised for in their brilliance to "break the flow".

In summary, people grew up, people had their expectations ruined, and people were afraid to give it a try because reviewers are idiots.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raype For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    The reason people don't like it is because after 12 years of development it's not the greatest thing ever put on a disc. Instead it's a shooter of roughly average quality which completely failed to outshine its competition the way 3D did. It also uses a modern shooter format (health regen, two weapons) instead of the older format (medkits, carrying a whole arsenal) which bothered a lot of people. And then there's the portion of the fanbase which is no longer a couple of teens/pre teens huddled around a computer staring at pixelated tits and occasionally chuckling at one liners from movies that came out before they were born (and likely never saw) who now have the nostalgia ruining experience of realizing how silly and lame it all really was.

Also, some people buy into the rating system based hate concept. In this case it's obvious no one was bought off and several may suffer some form of severe mental deficiency. There were points deducted for the nudity and crude humor. I'll let that one sink in for a second. Others blasted the fact that it has sections where you do other things besides running around on foot shooting things in the face. Things that other games are frequently praised for in their brilliance to "break the flow".

In summary, people grew up, people had their expectations ruined, and people were afraid to give it a try because reviewers are idiots.
    well to me duke nukem is a good game no matter what game (even though i havent played 1 2 or forever). im kind of an optimistic person so if i play a game that not a lot of people like yet i like it i will try to tell others the good points so they can at least try it. and for me the rating system can go fuck itself. i mean like with the 2008 turok game they didnt like that one because of well what it is like the gameplay to some people may be uninspired but i still like turok. with duke forever i understand why people hate it but what i dont understand is why people follow the bandwagon effect and say they hate because thats all they hear. i can answer my own question with this: gamers trust heavily on reviews like ign G4 and more and (in my opinion) they just dont want to try out other first person shooters and other games that arent like certain games. like some people dont want to play other first person shooters that arent like call of duty and that can irritate people and some gamers are nervous to try out other games like me i only wanted to play first person shooters platformers, and fighting games until i was exposed to stealth games (like metal gear solid and SOCOM), puzzle games (like tetris), and racing games (mario kart 64 and loony toons space race). so botton line all im saying is some gamers judge games when they play it and they shouldnt judge it by what it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hivemind happens all the time with video games both ways. You just have to play what you like and not worry about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't have a problem with Duke Nukem Forever. I found the game your average shooter. The first time I played Duke Nukem was the N64 Port of Duke Nukem 3D. I was never a huge fan, but I didn't find DKF a complete loss. I wonder what's in store for E3 this year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there anything before E3?