Page 148 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Besides, we all know the only reason people want DS on the PC is so they can pirate it.

Without ruining the game's design, that is.

Pirated console versions.

Offline play.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic
    But then again, the fly in the ointment is From Software and Namco Bandai are both Japanese, and it's rare for Japanese companies to give a fuck about PC gaming since it's practically non-existent on their home turf. Which is a shame for the rest of us, but sadly that's the way it is.
    Yeah pretty much. I could go on a long ramble here about how the US anime market is being killed off and while partially we are to blame it is also Japan's fault but I'll spare this thread.

Edit: I buy anime it's not my fault.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    But it'd be on Steam. Steam means crazy discounts up the ass.
    I'm not sure a steam release is guaranteed.

In japan they still release games as standalone.

I know, it's crazy, right?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    The simple fact it's already on 360 means porting it to PC would be a trivial matter at this point, plus it's the sort of game that would fit right in with the platform's audience. It'd be daft NOT to port it. But then again, the fly in the ointment is From Software and Namco Bandai are both Japanese, and it's rare for Japanese companies to give a fuck about PC gaming since it's practically non-existent on their home turf. Which is a shame for the rest of us, but sadly that's the way it is.
    I'm not sure how trivial it would be, given the divergent software requirements and thus specs of the Windows Dashboard and Windows 7/Vista/XP OSs, but I was thinking as much of control and compatibility as anything else. Both consoles have a standardized architecture which allows for relatively cheap testing, but computers have a wide range of hardware-based compatibility quirks that would require more QA expense than your typical console company has need for. A "fire and forget" release without significant QA testing would just be asking for a trainwreck that would preclude any further attempts at PC ports. You're also right about From and Bamco being Japanese, where the PC gaming market is essentially nonexistent and somewhat stigmatized, which essentially serves as a strong disincentive for any move to the PC, but I'm also not so sure about the Ami PC market for a game this difficult. I can see it being somewhat popular within that niche, but to a degree, I'm not sure if the niche is large enough to justify the cost of transfer.
    Last edited by Mistral; 7th-January-2012 at 16:55.

Thanks

Yeah Gare, I actually just watched that video and would be thrilled to see it come to the PC

Thanks

from i heard on youtube they might announce the xbox 720 and ps4 to me the world isnt ready for those system yet because the 360 and ps3 is enough right now and especially in this economy we dont need the extra problems with a 720 and ps4 we are not ready for them wait at least 3 to 5 more years for them

Thanks
    EP Points

The hardware has been outdated for years now, we are 'ready' for new systems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I'm not sure how trivial it would be, given the divergent software requirements and thus specs of the Windows Dashboard and Windows 7/Vista/XP OSs, but I was thinking as much of control and compatibility as anything else. Both consoles have a standardized architecture which allows for relatively cheap testing, but computers have a wide range of hardware-based compatibility quirks that would require more QA expense than your typical console company has need for. A "fire and forget" release without significant QA testing would just be asking for a trainwreck that would preclude any further attempts at PC ports.
    I remember a day when PC was the easiest platform to work on and was the place all the new devs started their business. I wonder how much indie developers pay for QA "given the divergent software requirements and thus specs of the Windows Dashboard and Windows 7/Vista/XP OSs"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    This. No new consoles for another 3-5 years would be pretty crazy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    they are not outdated so what if they were made in 2008-2009 its been 3 to 4 years we are not ready they are still fairly new the wii U yeah we may be ready but the 720 and ps4 no were are not ready and what i forgot is that now-a-days every game is the same no orgionallity like all first person shooters today are modern warfare wannabes and the modern call of duties are all the same with no new features and any game remakes or reboots are also cod wannabes dont belive me play cod mw2 and play mw3 and also play cod then play any fps like duke nukem forever then you can see my point so in conclusion we are not ready for new video game hardware and the fact that there is no more origonallity in video games

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Especially the 360.

I'll probably wait a couple years or so before grabbing either one, usually what I do.

Edit: 08 and 09? I remember the 360 when I was in highschool...had to be sometime in late 05. The Playstation 3 was a little later, maybe about 1 full year. These bad boys have had a fairly standard console lifespan.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 7th-January-2012 at 21:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah. The 360 was released in 05, the PS3 a year later.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    they are not outdated so what if they were made in 2008-2009 its been 3 to 4 years we are not ready they are still fairly new the wii U yeah we may be ready but the 720 and ps4 no were are not ready and what i forgot is that now-a-days every game is the same no orgionallity like all first person shooters today are modern warfare wannabes and the modern call of duties are all the same with no new features and any game remakes or reboots are also cod wannabes dont belive me play cod mw2 and play mw3 and also play cod then play any fps like duke nukem forever then you can see my point so in conclusion we are not ready for new video game hardware and the fact that there is no more origonallity in video games
    Your posts are insanely difficult to read because of your lack of punctuation.

They weren't 'made in 2008', the 360 was released in 2005. The PS3 was released in 2006. As a result, they're both extremely out of date hardware-wise in this day and age. If memory serves me right, the 360 only has 512MB RAM, I believe the PS3 has the same. 512MB RAM is laughable now.

Gare beat me to the point. And so did Gypsy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We did a combination attack Inferno.

But yeah, while I still have plenty of games to play for both consoles we definitely need to see some new ones put out. And besides, if usual more recent standards hold we will see plenty to PS3/360 games well after the new consoles come out.

Thanks

look all im trying to say is that with the new game systems they want to announce its unnecessary right now. they should wait at least 1 or 2 more years then. i may not know crap about them sence i have all old systems with the exception of the wii, but sence i played on them i say the hardware is up to date even today, and besides if they are outdated then why are there still tons of people getting and playing ps3s and 360s.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They won't come out until 2013 anyway in all likelihood assuming stuff is shown off at E3 2012. That would give the 360 an 8 year run...

Quote Originally Posted by re2nem
    and besides if they are outdated then why are there still tons of people getting and playing ps3s and 360s.
    Because it is what is available and not everyone can afford a gaming PC.