Page 246 of 258 FirstFirst ... 146196236241242243244245246247248249250251256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone know what the disadvantages to playing Metal Gear solid V the phantom pain offline are? From what i've been able to dig up so far, the only part of the online working for the game right now is the FOB(might be slightly off on name) missions where you can raid someone elses base or your own can be raided(even if you're offline). Apparently you can even have members of your base abducted by other players, and while you can protect them against it, doing so basically means they cant do their job(if they're in combat unit cant be sent out basically). Right now the only sounds like complete shit to me, just looking for other peoples thoughts on the matter.

Thanks

@ Colamisu

That is very interesting how complex such things can be. Though, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. I found a game that sort of does what I want now, but I don't think I must have explained well what I was looking for.

I meant something simpler like in mount and blade warband for example. In that game one can be on friendly terms with a kingdom but be enemies or rivals with some of it's vassals. I wasn't talking about certain scenarios unlocking special events, just sort of a rep ticker and well hidden cheating computer players. I realize the npcs can't play the game like the player, but they can look like they are by not following the rules in a convincing way.

For instance, a game could have fellow dungeon explorers that gain a tick in money every time they go out to a dungeon and get back to town(they don't even have to do anything outside the players view distance). After enough ticks, there could be some random probability increase that this npc guy may enter town store and upgrade gear 1 level. The player could influence this by accompanying the npc on a quest or just giving money. Even the shop keeper could provide a more immersive experience by only being stocked if Trader A from Town A can make it to Town B where the shop is. That could even be a way to trigger dynamic quests if something like that isn't occurring.

The game I found that kind of does that but through another means accomplishes the same goal is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. The npcs spawn at random intervals at the map level exit/enter point when that particular faction level in that zone is low. They then wander around and sit/ make camp in predefined spots. As they move they enecounter hostile mobs and factions and will fight eachother. The player can walk by and help a side and give hurt npcs medkits that make them friendly. After a battle, the living npc's collect gear and if it is better than their current items, they equip it. These npc's will persist upon revisting the same areas. The player can also trade with every npc and if they are sold equipment better than their own, they will equip that too.

I would have liked territory to fight over or the ability to recruit npcs to follow, however I am getting closer to what I'm looking for. Maybe a better description would have been I am looking for a sandbox open world rts where the cheating computer battles itself as the player randomly wanders around.

Star Citizen could perhaps be exactly what I'm looking for. It says that it will have npcs indistinguishable from players contributing to an ebb and flow of a dynamic economy and territory control. Nevertheless, I won't hold my breath for it to come out .

Though the more I think about my imaginary dream game that doesn't exist, the more I want to play it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing Alien: Isolation...
    Throw Noisemaker
    Hear drumless dubstep

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Playing Alien: Isolation...
    Throw Noisemaker
    Hear drumless dubstep
    I'm hoping there will be a sequel.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MY REASON FOR LIKING STREET FIGHTER IS BACK!

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here know what the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition is supposed to contain when it comes out next month on PS4? I haven't been able to find out much about it, but i'm going to guess its just like a GOTY version and includes the dlc. If thats the case then its pretty much useless to me as i already have darksiders II and most of the dlc for the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Anyone here know what the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition is supposed to contain when it comes out next month on PS4? I haven't been able to find out much about it, but i'm going to guess its just like a GOTY version and includes the dlc. If thats the case then its pretty much useless to me as i already have darksiders II and most of the dlc for the game.
    1080P 60FPS quick cash in, sums it up well.

Thanks
    EP Points

This. ^

and of course all the DLCs.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ne-runs-1080p/
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here a fan of the Dark Souls games? I was thinking of looking into the first game of the series, and was wondering if its possible to opt out of the pvp?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

and was wondering if its possible to opt out of the pvp?
    Whats wrong with PvP?

one of the most satisfying things you can do is whoop some random persons hindquarters in a game.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Anyone here a fan of the Dark Souls games? I was thinking of looking into the first game of the series, and was wondering if its possible to opt out of the pvp?
    PVP isn't necessary to enjoy Dark Souls, play offline if you want.

Thanks

Default Who play's this game

Anyone who can tell me how to use special skill in this game

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kenchi213 View Post
    Anyone who can tell me how to use special skill in this game

pic

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
    You should start mentioning what's the name of the game...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Ragnar enjoys playing guess the game I'm thinking some Japanese Sengoku Basara on the PSP run through some sort PSP phone emulator.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Ragnar enjoys playing guess the game I'm thinking some Japanese Sengoku Basara on the PSP run through some sort PSP phone emulator.
    By the other posts he made, that's what it is. Still, he should give that info if he wants someone to help him.