Page 192 of 258 FirstFirst ... 92142182187188189190191192193194195196197202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    We've had tons of discussions on this matter before but here goes again. Sources close to Edge says the next Xbox will have "always online" DRM to combat second-hand gaming.
    That will be an absolute disaster for gaming if they do that. The only real thing consoles have over PCs is that you can rent/borrow/loan games, and you used to be able to do that with PC games back in the day prior to Steam.

Thanks
    EP Points

Superfrog is coming out in HD!

Amiga nostalgia time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Last of Us was delayed until June 14.

I'm going to use this extra grace period that I have been blessed with as a chance to clear out more of my backlog.

Hopefully this game lives up to the hype. It's definitely got me intrigued by it, but I know it's going to be either freaking amazing, or an absolute flop. There will be no middle ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Last of Us was delayed until June 14. Hopefully this game lives up to the hype. It's definitely got me intrigued by it, but I know it's going to be either freaking amazing, or an absolute flop. There will be no middle ground.
    It's a shame it got pushed back, and I really hope it isn't because of some tacked-on multiplayer mode. That's always irritating. If it's just general polish and bug fixing, then fine. And you're right - the game is either gonna be amazing or a complete flop. I'm leaning towards the former though, since Naughty Dog has a very good track record. I can't imagine them screwing this game up.

In other news, Aliens: Colonial Marines has really stirred up a shitstorm for Gearbox, Sega, and the other Devs involved in this mess of a game. This is a very interesting read, so if you have some time check it out. Lot's of finger pointing going on, and that Snake oil salesman Randy Pitchford is nowhere to be found. Also, this video is an absolute riot. It's a "game play" demo of the game from last year (this game was in development hell for 6 years btw), and this video explains how none of the content or even the visuals made it into the actual boxed product.

I would say that this almost spells certain doom for Gearbox, but since they've kept their mouths shut who knows what will happen. I've not cared for anything that GBX has made in the past except the original Borderlands, but the more I think about it BL and BL2 were just total flukes (These guys also put out Brothers in Arms and the totally forgettable Duke Nukem Forever).

Thanks
    EP Points

While it is a slight bummer The Last of US got delayed, it's not as long as GTA's V delay. I wish they would release more info on GTA V. With the Wii U out, and the Xbox 720 and PS4 on their way, this generation of gaming is finally coming to a close.

Thanks

This is a bit off topic (never heard of The Last of Us), but...
    Um, there's something like Humble Bumble but free. I have no idea if everyone already knows of this (most people I talk to are not) but there's three sets thus far, all for Windows with Mac and Linux versions included in some games. The sets include a ninja platformer, a racing game, Abobo, horror games, exploration games, and one of the games is a two-player platformer "Hyrulian Tennis" match.

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Oh, and Elder Scrolls is having a sign up for beta.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Of Tulkas View Post
    This is a bit off topic (never heard of The Last of Us), but...
    Um, there's something like Humble Bumble but free. I have no idea if everyone already knows of this (most people I talk to are not) but there's three sets thus far, all for Windows with Mac and Linux versions included in some games. The sets include a ninja platformer, a racing game, Abobo, horror games, exploration games, and one of the games is a two-player platformer "Hyrulian Tennis" match.

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Oh, and Elder Scrolls is having a sign up for beta.
    Now if only I could hug you *you know, without the repercussions and allegations*

But to topic.

COD Black Ops II - I like the game but it feels like there's just only novelty appeal to it. The contrasting time lines in the game makes Black Ops so much more believable, and since I was fiending for it from my 3 month "workout", it feels disappointing overall.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so a while back I created a thread for the new FFX HD Remaster/Remake, However after that announcement Square Enix mentioned nothing more about it so it died... However new information posted by Eurogamer has mentioned that it is still going ahead and that it will be released on the Vita as well as the PS3. This article states that it will simply be a HD remaster with the bits of the game that were missing from game that were in the international version will be included such as the Dark Aeons.

What are everyones thoughts on this?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    Okay so a while back I created a thread for the new FFX HD Remaster/Remake, However after that announcement Square Enix mentioned nothing more about it so it died... However new information posted by Eurogamer has mentioned that it is still going ahead and that it will be released on the Vita as well as the PS3. This article states that it will simply be a HD remaster with the bits of the game that were missing from game that were in the international version will be included such as the Dark Aeons.

What are everyones thoughts on this?
    Recently played on an emulator so now I no longer care. If it's like 5 bucks I'll grab it but they're taking too damn long.

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't care back then, don't care now. Not a big fan of X but if I wanted to play it in HD I could just fire up an emulator.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I haven't been around much, but may as well give the bundle digest:

http://www.indieroyale.com/
    16 hours left.
    Only real highlight is Serious Sam 3, imo.

http://www.indiegala.com/
    9 days left.
    Only real highlight is Darwinia/Multiwinia. Or maybe that game that's still hidden, but that's unlikely.

http://groupees.com/bma
    8.5 days left.
    This one actually looks decent.
    It's got Party of Sin, which is coop! Dungeons: The Dark Lord... Edna and Harvey... Two Worlds... and it's adding Air Buccaneers whenever another 1000 bundles are sold. Not to mention other games that haven't been announced yet. I'd say it's worth buying. If nothing else, it'll help you become a Pokemon Master.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

You guys ready for Sony's PS(4) event in a couple of hours? So exciting!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

My body is ready

Thanks
    EP Points

Humble Bundle Mojam is on at the moment. Basic idea is 6 teams are making games from scratch over the span of 3 days, streaming the entire process live. At the end, you get a copy of each game. There's really nothing that clearly shows what type of game each one is at the moment, so you may as well wait till tomorrow then take a look at the streams before deciding.

Thanks

Official PDF file from Sony:
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf

Also they don't go into much detail about the processor other than its going to be an APU.

Another article here that says its only going to be clocked at 1.6ghz per core:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...eatures-937822

So all the rumors about the PS4 smashing higher end gaming PCs is out the window at this point. At best its going to be comparable to a mid-low range PC. If it releases at $400, then its still unlikely you could build a PC that could beat it for that price. But with $200 more, you definitely could.

Also Sony didn't take the opportunity to confirm or deny the rumors about the PS4 being online only, or not being able to play used/rented games. So that is a bit discouraging. If they go that route then I'm not buying the console.
    Last edited by gamerdude21; 21st-February-2013 at 02:57. Reason: fixed links