Page 244 of 258 FirstFirst ... 144194234239240241242243244245246247248249254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3858

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    fully supports? nah i've run into a few games which outright refuse to acknowledge the PS4 controller, so that isn't really an accurate thing to say. I forget exactly which ones it was since its been awhile, but I don't really feel like checking through my 40 some games at the moment to find out .
    Okay bad quote. I meant it isn't as bad as it was (IE: having to have it plugged in constantly). And it appears to be improving. Been playing with someone who refuses to use a DS3 (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE GUY) and he didn't have to look up a compatability list every time we tried to play something. I may have overstated since I didn't look into it enough.

But I don't have Zorlon's spotless track record of knowing everything so there you go.

EDIT- I can attempt to check later to see if/how FO3 works with a DS4. Not sure if that compatibility list is completely up to date or not since firmware updates and patches happen. It may take a day or two but I may do so. Unless someone here beats me to it.
    Last edited by Raype; 7th-July-2015 at 08:53.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    NO. BAD ZORLON. NO MISINFORMATION.

Actually the PS3 was patched and now fully supports PS4 controllers. The only downside is that the motion control etc. can get a bit spotty. Since FO3 doesn't use that it should be fine.

EDIT- Apparently L2 and R2 don't work right on a DS4 when it comes to FO3. Don't currently have things hooked up to check. Might be playable (albeit with remapped controls).
    It's advisable not to use L2 and R2 playing Fallout 3 on PS3 anyway. So if they don't work via DS4 it shouldn't be an issue at all, as you don't need them to finish the game & (and get 100% for GotY too).
    R2 is VATS, which can cause console freeze especially as your save file gets larger (around 10MB), L2 is the perspective switch iirc which can cause freezes too.

Honestly you shouldn't even need L1 much either, as weapon zoom has been known to freeze the game (I suspect that would be due to scoped weapons though I'm not sure).

I know from testing the game recently myself that VATS can freeze the GotY edition even at the start of the game (so small save file), never bothered using perspective switch as 3rd person in Beth games like this is pretty much pointless.

Edit:
    Another thing to avoid at all costs is using energy weapons. Leaving piles of ash/goo all over the place is just something else that can make the game unstable and/or sluggish.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-July-2015 at 10:40.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow so many ways to freeze the game, sounds a lot like Skyrim.(but i guess thats Bethseda for you, shit quality 99.9% of the time)
    Last edited by rmcin329; 7th-July-2015 at 17:05.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Wow so many ways to freeze the game, sounds a lot like Skyrim.(but i guess thats Bethseda for you, shit quality 99.9% of the time)
    Yes they can be unstable but it's more to do with the platform in this case imo.
    I've played Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/NV on 360 and all I really did was turn off autosaves and kept my manual save files to a minimum.

With Skyrim on PS3 it's best to minimise using magic and shouts. I've nearly finished the basic game and finished one addon, my save file is 12MB and I've only seen 1 freeze so far.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, stupid question time. How do I install the dlc that comes with Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition? GOTY editions of other games i've bought, have always had a disc benefits option or something similar that could be selected before booting them up to install dlc, but I don't see that with this game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Joker DLC? Pretty sure you find it on PSN under the game page. It's free DLC so no codes and such

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It isn't even worth downloading unless you actually enjoy the challenge maps that is all the Joker DLC is, still nice to have anyway even just for a quick blast

I had the US version of this though and I could not get the DLC due to not being the region that my PS3 was regged to, EU version I got from the game page after it came up on PS+ free in the UK though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-July-2015 at 18:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here played Lagoon on the snes before? I've only just recently started and am amazed at just how tiny your starting sword is when you swing it(feels like you have a toothpick hehe). I can get used to it in time but, I was wondering if any of the later swords get even a slightly large sprite when swung.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anyone here played Lagoon on the snes before? I've only just recently started and am amazed at just how tiny your starting sword is when you swing it(feels like you have a toothpick hehe). I can get used to it in time but, I was wondering if any of the later swords get even a slightly large sprite when swung.
    It stays a toothpick through the entire game sadly.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay i'm having some rather serious issues with Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. When I defeat scarecrow in chapter 13(intensive treatment and you get the "resist the fear trophy".) Basically after beating him and getting the trophy the game declares my save data corrupt around 10-20 seconds afterwards. Defeated him twice and twice in a row its done this to my save data. Thoughts as to what i can do here? I find myself wondering if its just the game screwing up, or if its a bad disc maybe. There is no scratches on the disc that I can see, so i dont really know what the problem could be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The problem is lazy half assed programming where the devs just don't give a crap, sorry state of gaming this generation and its just gonna get worse from here.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Deleted the install data and after it reinstalled it, works fine now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    The problem is lazy half assed programming where the devs just don't give a crap, sorry state of gaming this generation and its just gonna get worse from here.
    I bet you're real fun at parties.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    I bet you're real fun at parties.
    I'm a laugh riot actually.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone here know if Dragon Fantasy book 1 ever got its bugs cleaned up? I thought the game looked pretty interesting when i first heard about it, but never bought it due to a flurry of early bug reports that seemed like they only ever got partially fixed.