Page 159 of 231 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3453

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

  1. #2371
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 101 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    So, I found an interesting link via Google about an hour ago.

    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2544489

    It's a thread on the Steam forums that keeps track of currently running "indie bundles", ie. bundle sales outside of Steam that contain Steam keys.

    Highlights at the moment:
    One bundle containing the Gundemonium collection and Serious Sam 2, if you're into FPS or shmups
    One bundle containing Avernum 4/5/6, Oddworld 1/2, Postal 2, and a couple of other games
    A couple bundles containing games that I wasn't particularly interested in

  2. #2372
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline Retro Pinecone Connoisseur ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,546
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    EP Points
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So who else thinks Dishonored could end up being pretty cool?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZCA6DvtCkY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKB3naEgl4

    I'm liking the stealth gameplay, reminds me of Thief with superpowers. The AI seems kinda dodgy at times, though. Then again, so was Thief 3's AI.
    Yes, oh yes! Getting some Thief/Bioshock/Deux Ex/Half Life 2 vibes from that one. Keeping an eye on that one, I am.

  3. #2373
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I just bought a Wii the other day again. It's like I took a step back in time.

  4. #2374
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,832
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 278 Times in 173 Posts

    EP Points
    285

    Default

    Hitman HD Collection coming out?

    Absolution and an HD Collection containing Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money. Lovely!

  5. #2375
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Æther
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts

    EP Points
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Yes, oh yes! Getting some Thief/Bioshock/Deux Ex/Half Life 2 vibes from that one. Keeping an eye on that one, I am.
    My body needs this.

    Did you see the ME3: Extended Cut endings yet?

  6. #2376
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline Retro Pinecone Connoisseur ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,546
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    EP Points
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    My body needs this.

    Did you see the ME3: Extended Cut endings yet?
    Nope, intend to play it myself and the PS3 version won't be arriving for another 2 days in Europe... D: But I read some minor stuff and while it does sound better it still seem to mostly suck. I'll get back with a comment once I've seen it!

  7. #2377
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Æther
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts

    EP Points
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Nope, intend to play it myself and the PS3 version won't be arriving for another 2 days in Europe... D: But I read some minor stuff and while it does sound better it still seem to mostly suck. I'll get back with a comment once I've seen it!
    Let the waiting game begin.

    That second sentence pretty much summed it up though.

  8. #2378
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,553
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 68 Times in 33 Posts

    EP Points
    15

    Default

    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/at...sses-surprise/

    So Persona 4: Arena is to be the first ever region-locked PS3 game. It was fun while it lasted, guys. Apparently it's okay though, because this is totally a one off, and won't set a precedent to other companies or anything. Yeah. Because one company being able to push through a controversial decision that financially benefits them at the expense of the consumer totally isn't going to make other companies curious.

    What I don't get is that apparently it's region locked in all territories, not just the US. The US region lock makes business sense because of the reason Atlus gave, even if it's not very classy behaviour from a company I always respected. But locking even the more expensive Japanese version? That's just a completely unnecessary slap in the face to people who want the Japanese version. Now I have to wait months upon months for a European release. Which I may or may not have to play in English despite speaking the game's native language. I haven't had to do that since about 2004.

    Long story short, next generation I'm not trusting any promises that a console is region free, and I'm never buying a European console again.

  9. #2379
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    808
    Thanks
    348
    Thanked 79 Times in 69 Posts

    EP Points
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/at...sses-surprise/

    So Persona 4: Arena is to be the first ever region-locked PS3 game. It was fun while it lasted, guys. Apparently it's okay though, because this is totally a one off, and won't set a precedent to other companies or anything. Yeah. Because one company being able to push through a controversial decision that financially benefits them at the expense of the consumer totally isn't going to make other companies curious.

    What I don't get is that apparently it's region locked in all territories, not just the US. The US region lock makes business sense because of the reason Atlus gave, even if it's not very classy behaviour from a company I always respected. But locking even the more expensive Japanese version? That's just a completely unnecessary slap in the face to people who want the Japanese version. Now I have to wait months upon months for a European release. Which I may or may not have to play in English despite speaking the game's native language. I haven't had to do that since about 2004.

    Long story short, next generation I'm not trusting any promises that a console is region free, and I'm never buying a European console again.
    Or you can support these people who are trying to make jailbreaking legal.

    ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

  10. #2380
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,396
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 67 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Additionally, you can opt to not support shitty business practices by not buying P4A at all.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raype For This Useful Post:


  12. #2381
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shadows
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    EP Points
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Additionally, you can opt to not support shitty business practices by not buying P4A at all.
    Logical.

  13. #2382
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,553
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 68 Times in 33 Posts

    EP Points
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Additionally, you can opt to not support shitty business practices by not buying P4A at all.
    The funny thing is, I would almost certainly have bought it in Japan during my year abroad, and now I can't. They did this to protect Japanese sales, but they just lost mine. And by the time I'm actually back and it's in stores here, I probably won't care about it anymore. Oh well. I'll just hope that the invariable pumped up version ditches the region locking nonsense. Because let's be honest, this is Arc System Works we're talking about, and one version of a game is never enough.

  14. #2383
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,223
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Eh, I'm not really bothered by this. I understand the reasoning behind it, and think the massive backlash and seething hate this is getting is pretty overblown. Kinda like everything else ever.

    Then again, I'm an American, I clearly know nothing.

  15. #2384
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    a room
    Posts
    822
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 84 Times in 36 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    EP Points
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Eh, I'm not really bothered by this. I understand the reasoning behind it, and think the massive backlash and seething hate this is getting is pretty overblown. Kinda like everything else ever.

    Then again, I'm an American, I clearly know nothing.
    None of us do

  16. #2385
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,553
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 68 Times in 33 Posts

    EP Points
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Eh, I'm not really bothered by this. I understand the reasoning behind it, and think the massive backlash and seething hate this is getting is pretty overblown. Kinda like everything else ever.

    Then again, I'm an American, I clearly know nothing.
    I think it's less that you know nothing and more that it doesn't really affect you. :'D It's hard to get nearly as worked up about something when it doesn't really make any difference to you personally. I wasn't exactly furious back when Xenoblade was looking like it'd be a European / Japanese exclusive either because... like... I had already played it.

    I don't know, though. I think it is a pretty big deal to region lock a game on a console that has never been region locked until now. Especially when the reasoning they gave reeks of anti-consumer business practices. And when it... really doesn't cover why it's locked in every territory as opposed to just the US. If they're worried about Japanese people jumping on the cheaper US version, that doesn't explain why they region locked the Japanese one as well. Unless they just want to see Europeans suffer. Which given the history of game localisations here, probably shouldn't exactly surprise me.

Similar Threads

  1. General PSP homebrew discussion.
    By Cosmic in forum Sony systems
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 26th-July-2013, 00:46
  2. Gaming Music Upload Guide
    By MasJ in forum Gaming Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th-June-2012, 00:36
  3. Post your Console Gaming Setup 2007
    By Borman in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2nd-February-2007, 21:38
  4. General Dreamcast Game Mod Stuff
    By Inferno. in forum Sega systems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th-January-2007, 14:42
  5. FF9 Question, or just about ISOs in general
    By elicanthus4ever in forum Sony systems
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25th-January-2007, 16:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •