Thread: SwapMagic error: "Not a valid PS2 disc" Help!

Thanks

Default SwapMagic error: "Not a valid PS2 disc" Help!

Ok, so I got my SwapMagic3 and I went to try and put it to use. I boot up the swapdisc and then took it out and put my burned PS2 game (Ratchet And Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal) in there and I get the error "Not a valid PS2 disc". I tried it a few times and got the same message. Then when I went to eject the disc, it said "Insert a bigger toc disc". So I go to google to see if anyone had the same problem and i see that some people have. Through my searching, I found swapmagicfix.com and I see that on the list that the game that I burned, Ratchet And Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, is on that list but I have absolutely no idea what I need to do to get the game working. I read that I need to "fill up your space with dummy files". How exactly do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Extract the iso and add to the rebuild dummy files, filling the dvd disc space with these archives.

Also use a big TOC disc to boot your games, for example devil may cry or FFX

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.mynikko.com/dummy/dummy11.zip
    Nifty dummy file creator.
    http://www.download.com/3000-2248-10208087.html
    ISOBuster - Open the disc image, extract the files, add dummy files, recreate disc image.

Thanks

Thanks guys for replying back.

Ok, so if the ISO file for the game is 4.07 GB (4,379,377,664 bytes) and the DVD holds 4.7 GB then I have to make a dummy file of 630 MB? If not, how exactly do I calculate how how big I make the dummy file for? Do all games have to take up all the space on the DVD? When I'm downloading a game, how do i know if it's ready to burn or if I have to do extra stuff to it like this?

Sorry for all the questions. This is my first time working with PS2 emulation and stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted1 View Post

Ok, so if the ISO file for the game is 4.07 GB (4,379,377,664 bytes) and the DVD holds 4.7 GB then I have to make a dummy file of 630 MB? If not, how exactly do I calculate how how big I make the dummy file for?
    You can use $onycdvdgen to recreate the iso, this program won´´t allow to build a iso bigger than a s5tandar dvd5, so will help you if you oversize your disc, cliking in my signature is a cd to dvd tutorial in there you will find a pack of tools including $onycdvd gen xp edition you will need iml2iso, will be good to take a look at the tutorial,can point you how to build a iso using these tools

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted1 View Post
    Do all games have to take up all the space on the DVD? When I'm downloading a game, how do i know if it's ready to burn or if I have to do extra stuff to it like this?
    Check out the site that you mentioned before:

http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

that site have a list of games, and what you have to do to make them working properly, so this way you will know when you have to do extra stuff and when not.

For ratchet and clank 3 you need dvdloader, without t you will never to make it work properly, you can download it from this link (right click and save):

http://www.pelufunclub.altervista.or...oaderv7all.rar

Just insert the dvdloader after you insert swap magic (like a game) and will prompt you to a new screen where you have to insert your game

PS: I recommend you to get a modchip or install hdloader, will be better and easier
    Last edited by saito; 22nd-March-2007 at 17:24.