Thread: ePSXe new problem

Thanks

Default ePSXe new problem

Hi everyone...I downloaded ePSXe so i could play Final Fantasy IX(and yes, i have got ePSXe 1.52) but it won't start at all...I mounted the image with daemon tools(tried alcohol also) i started the emulator and when i click run CDROM or run Iso it just breaks,and shuts off(the emulator)...I also downloaded FF tactics thinking it was a image problem,but the exact think happens...I just don't know what to do anymore...I have the BIOS SCPH1001.bin file,my Gf 7600GT antialiasing and anisotropic settings are application controlled(tried off too),and i have 1024 Mb RAM,Win XP.I configured all of the emulator settings as suggested on this forum with all of the recommended plugins... hope you can help...

Mikey_ Guest

What kind of video plugin are you using? Also, if you mount the image, you don't really need to use the CD-Rom thing. It could also mean the image is bad. Or not.

Thanks

hehe,tried diferent video plugins too...Right now i have P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17 plugin,but i also tried Pete's Video plugin...I don't think it's a plugin problem,because the exact same thing happens,no matter what plugin i use...I'll try some different games,maybe...

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried to play the game without mounting it?

Start ePSXe > File > Run ISO > choose the image file (bin, iso, or img)

If that works, then the problem is with your computer not liking virtual drives for some reason.

You could always try installing ForceASPI to see if that fixes your problem:
    http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/

Make sure to follow the instructions and create a backup of your current ASPI layer.

Thanks

It's great now,it works! Thank you very much,you were right-->I just had to run the image without mounting it...

Thanks

i'm new to epsxe. it works fine, but where can i get .iso files?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please don't revive old threads like this. This forum is only for emulation related problems.
    If you want PSX games, check the main site under ROMs or check the Trading Post forum where our members kindly upload new games everyday in the Upload Services subforum. If you still can't find what you look for, then request your games by making a new thread in the Trading Post.