Thread: Weird, DVD drive issue.

Mikey_ Guest

Default Weird, DVD drive issue.

Earlier today I uploaded Guilty Gear X for the DC for a member here. Now, the disc has been out of the drive for quite some time now. For some reason, though, my DVD drive makes it look like the game disc is still in there.

LOOK. ME NOT LYING.

Does anyone know how to make it look normal again?

Thanks
    EP Points

Reboot? Refresh? (F5) Unload from Daemon Tools? :/

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    Reboot? Refresh? (F5) Unload from Daemon Tools? :/
    Didn't work, didn't work, and the I is the actual DVD drive, not a virtual drive. =\

Thanks
    EP Points

Right Click the drive and click Eject. that could possibly work

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Didn't work, didn't work, and the I is the actual DVD drive, not a virtual drive. =\
    Is autorun activated? Apparently some people report that when autorun is de-activated this can happen on certain computers. A burning program such as Nero or a virtual drive such as DeamonTool could have disabled autorun.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/155217

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
    Is autorun activated? Apparently some people report that when autorun is de-activated this can happen on certain computers. A burning program such as Nero or a virtual drive such as DeamonTool could have disabled autorun.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/155217
    I would believe autorun is disabled. For a while now, nothing really autoruns anymore. I have to go straight to the drive and open it up.

Right clicking>eject didn't work.

Edit: I'm burning a disc at the moment. When it's finished, I'll give the registry tweak a try. Polo, it won't fuck up the drive will it? Not that I don't trust you, but when I read that I might have to re-install Windows if something goes wrong, I got nervous. I mean, the steps are incredibly easy enough.
    Last edited by Mikey_; 1st-March-2007 at 06:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

The only other thing I can think of for you to try is to put another cd in it. when you enter the cd and it doesn't change refresh the page and if its still the same right click the drive click open close the window and reopen my computer and hopefully by then it would of have changed to whatever cd you put in it. wether or not it changed eject the cd

Mikey_ Guest

Hot damn. The registry tweak did it. Although I didn't have to reboot. I kind of made the change from o to 1, then closed the registry window. I opened up My Computer, and noticed the drive looked normal again. polo is truly a God among men.

Thanks for the suggestions also, almostalive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hot damn. The registry tweak did it. Although I didn't have to reboot. I kind of made the change from o to 1, then closed the registry window. I opened up My Computer, and noticed the drive looked normal again. polo is truly a God among men.

Thanks for the suggestions also, almostalive.
    It's nothing.