Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psp Emulation

Thanks

Default Psp Emulation

Ok.... so i've got my psp psx emulator working which i'm really grateful for. However i can't get the Dgen megadrive working. I've got Dark 3.03A firmware and everything else seems to work perfectly (( Snes, GBA NES)) but no PSP iso will run and obviously the Dgen emulator.

Also does anyone have any information regarding a working N64 emulator? What about Sega Saturn (( Would love to try out their version of castlevania:sotn))!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

lolol

You're expecting the PSP to emulate Saturn? It's basically a portable PS2.
    PS2 can barely emulate.

To emulate Saturn on PC you need a decent processor. P4/Sempron min. I don't believe the PSP has one of those.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    lolol

You're expecting the PSP to emulate Saturn? It's basically a portable PS2.
    PS2 can barely emulate.

To emulate Saturn on PC you need a decent processor. P4/Sempron min. I don't believe the PSP has one of those.
    I'd be a little more nice to the topic creator if I were you. Especially considering all the "dumb" questions coming out of your own mouth. No offence, just behave dude.

Topic Creator: You need to have a real UMD in your PSP for most ISOs to run. If you already have that, put your ISOs in a folder named 'ISO' on the root of your memory stick (root in this case is the same directory as the 'PSP' folder is located in).

Saturn will never be emulated on PSP, not with reasonable quality, sorry. Nintendo 64 isn't emulated very nicely either. Go with SNES/NES/Megadrive/Mame/NeoGeoCD/similar systems. As for your problem about Dgen, what happens when you try starting it? Do you have the latest version?

Thanks

You can also run PSP Isos without a UMD inside if you dont have one. Just turn off completely the PSP, then turn it on and quickly press and hold the R shoulder button. You will get to the Recovery Mode Main Menu. Go to Configuration and where it says "Use NO-UMD" press X to enable it. Then go Back and Exit. Btw, Im using FW 3.03OE-C. But for Playstation games or any other emulators you don't need to have an UMD inside the PSP.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph Radiance View Post
    You can also run PSP Isos without a UMD inside if you dont have one. Just turn off completely the PSP, then turn it on and quickly press and hold the R shoulder button. You will get to the Recovery Mode Main Menu. Go to Configuration and where it says "Use NO-UMD" press X to enable it. Then go Back and Exit. Btw, Im using FW 3.03OE-C. But for Playstation games or any other emulators you don't need to have an UMD inside the PSP.
    A lot of games does not work with this way. Many, many do tough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    A lot of games does not work with this way. Many, many do tough.
    Oh ok, I'll have that in mind. Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks for all the support guys. i really appreciate it. When i switch on the emulator, the game list appears on the screen... i choose the game i require and then it goes on to a black screen with a single word in the middle of it.. something like "porting..." Or "connecting..." but nothing happens. So i have to restart it.

Also whats the difference in DA 3.03OEA & 3.03OEC? plus i should be able to connect to the internet via the psp but i get nothing... this wouldn't have anything to do with the firmware?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DrCross View Post
    plus i should be able to connect to the internet via the psp but i get nothing... this wouldn't have anything to do with the firmware?
    This happened to me once
    try to do "restore default settings" from the xmb

Thanks

BTW while you're in recovery mode there should be a "Configuration->Game folder homebrew" (I'm running 3.03OEB, myself) set that to 1.5 Kernal and your 1.5 apps should run?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aluze View Post
    BTW while you're in recovery mode there should be a "Configuration->Game folder homebrew" (I'm running 3.03OEB, myself) set that to 1.5 Kernal and your 1.5 apps should run?
    if you set the Kernel to 1.50, the Homebrew goes to the GAME Folder and if you set it to 3.03, the Homebrew goes to the GAME150 Folder. I have my Kernel set to the 3.03 Kernel (i have 3.03 OE B)
    homebrew --> PSP/GAME150/
    PSX --> PSP/GAME/"NameoftheGame"/
    ISO,CSO --> ISO/

Thanks

Also... im a little worried about the organisation of the folders on my psp. Will add photos to show you what i mean a little later. Thanks again guys.

Also... any idea about the megadrive problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrCross View Post
    Also... im a little worried about the organisation of the folders on my psp. Will add photos to show you what i mean a little later. Thanks again guys.

Also... any idea about the megadrive problem?
    I came across the DGen emulator first and it gave me some problems too, so I end up getting rid of it. So I kept searching and found PSPGenesis, which for me, it ran much better in my PSP than DGen emulator, yet I don't feel it is good enough with the fps (try playing Sonic).

http://www.epforums.org/misc-links-o...04/index3.html

Thanks
    EP Points

DGEN worked just fine for me and I'm using 3.10OE-A2
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/739

try to download this one..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    DGEN worked just fine for me and I'm using 3.10OE-A2
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/739

try to download this one..
    WOAH!!! nice one!!! This one looks way much better than PSPGenesis! (gasp!!! it shows date, battery charge and system temp.!!!! incredible!!! LOL!!!) I think I should reupload the emulators with this one. Btw, any ideas on which other emulators I should include? I've only seen GBA, SNES, NES and Genesis, but I've heard that there are emulatros for Arcade like MAME and others, and that you could play Marvel vs Capcom 2 or something like that. I really don't know because I'm more the RPG type so I don't use much those emulators.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzel View Post
    if you set the Kernel to 1.50, the Homebrew goes to the GAME Folder and if you set it to 3.03, the Homebrew goes to the GAME150 Folder. I have my Kernel set to the 3.03 Kernel (i have 3.03 OE B)
    homebrew --> PSP/GAME150/
    PSX --> PSP/GAME/"NameoftheGame"/
    ISO,CSO --> ISO/
    I know, I figured that would solve his (her?) problem if he still had Dgen in the 'GAME' folder from using 1.5?
    ( would have included the game150 folder info, but I wasn't sure if it worked the way I thought - never used it. thanks for the info)