Thread: Need help burning ps2 games

Thanks

Default Need help burning ps2 games

Hi i have currently downloaded the Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia NTSC USA game but i have no idea wad format it is in to burn so that it can be played in a ps2. I have already join the files with a hjsplit but i have no ideal wad to do next. A step by step guide would be nice as i'm kinda new to this stuff.

Mikey_ Guest

Can your PS2 even play burned games? If not, you'll need Swap Disc, or a chip installed. If it does, then you can probably use any program that'd burn DVD game images. Something like Alcohol 120%, maybe Nero. Those aren't free programs, though. A free one that's also good would be DVD Decrypter.

Thanks

thx for the reply. i can play burned games but the problem is that the file is in a unsupported image file and i have no ideal of how to burn it. I am using the Alcohol 120% but when i try to burn they as me to manually set the track format, block size and other information and i have no ideal wad to put.

Mikey_ Guest

Manually? Never heard of it asking for that. What file extension does it have? Or, what format is it?

Thanks
    EP Points

^ That's what happens when you load up a .BIN/.IMG, etc without the CUE. CCD, whatever.
    Sounds like a naff image. Try another, or burn it at ''2048'' block size & Mode 2. If it does not work I apoligise. but it is worth a try, no?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Tell us what program did you use to extract the image file, cos you didn't mention winrar, only hjsplit, and tell us what files did you get once you extracted the compressed files.
    If what you dled was an original scene release, then you have to extract with winrar and the result will be an iso/mds combo or just the iso file.

Thanks

ok i downloaded the game from the the bittorrent section of this website the torrent info for the game can be found here and after downloading finish i have something like this

So i used the hjsplit to join all the files into one cause i cant think of any other way of joining the files. And i have something like this the one in the red circle is the one i get after joining all the files

I have no ideal wad kind of file format that is...

Thanks
    EP Points

Get winrar

www.rarlab.com

right click on .001
    open with
    winrar
    double click
    extract image from inside of .001
    enjoy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Don't use hjsplit, only winrar, select the first part and hit open with, chose winrar and extract it, you'll get your image file.

Thanks
    EP Points

I beat you to it cookies.

Thanks

Red face

thx for the help. I got winRAR but dont know why it does nt read those files...
    thx again hope i did not trouble you guys wif my stupidity....

Thanks
    EP Points

.001 is an old WinRAR split archive. WinRAR selfishly does not accept it anymore without you telling it. But yeh, once you've associated .001 with WINRAR it'll be fine.