Thread: PSX PAL Versions Help

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSX PAL Versions Help

Hey yall haven't been on much today b/c I spent all day filtering a PAL PSX list.

Anywho before I determine the ones I need left to fill my collection, I wanna ask if there is a place that tells all the languages that the games are in. I tried digital press and they don't have it I believe. I'm not gonna post the whole 8pg M$ word documnet. Here's are a few games I'd like to know the languages of based on thier serial #'s

360 - Three-Sixty [SLES-02089]
    Archer Maclean's 3D Pool [SLES-04096]
    4-4-2 Soccer [SLES-00095]
    5-Star Racing [SLES-04064]
    A. IV Evolution Global [SCES-00290]
    Absolute Football [SLES-01341]
    Action Man 2 - Destruction X [SLES-03083]

Anyone know of a site please?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, Digital Press does tell you the languages for some games.

Using Dracula - Resurrection as an example:

After you search for a game and get the results:

By clicking the name of the game under Title, you'll be taken to the game's description page:

The non-English serial numbers will be given under Description.
    The English serial number will be given under Part Number.

Also, the Sony Index has the languages for some games:
    http://www.sonyindex.com/Pages/PSone_PAL_Name.htm

Scroll down until you see the games list, then scroll to your right to see the languages.

If a game has M-5 or M-10, that means it's Multi-language, with the number indicating how many languages.
    If you don't see an English version for that game listed, then chances are that English is one of the languages in the Multi-language copy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Actually, Digital Press does tell you the languages for some games.

Using Dracula - Resurrection as an example:

After you search for a game and get the results:

By clicking the name of the game under Title, you'll be taken to the game's description page:

The non-English serial numbers will be given under Description.
    The English serial number will be given under Part Number.

Also, the Sony Index has the languages for some games:
    http://www.sonyindex.com/Pages/PSone_PAL_Name.htm

Scroll down until you see the games list, then scroll to your right to see the languages.

If a game has M-5 or M-10, that means it's Multi-language, with the number indicating how many languages.
    If you don't see an English version for that game listed, then chances are that English is one of the languages in the Multi-language copy.
    ok, so does D.P. Always display the part number as the english serial number? Is the part number alsways the english language serial? and does D.P. always put the other odd languages in the description? or are they the part number sometimes... (I'm hoping not)

Also, I got the list I filtered all today off of sonyindex.com this morning. I'll check there first, but I'd like some confirmation, b/c as most know on here by now I'm on dial up and would really hate it if I dl'd a useless game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I just tried searching for Moorhuhn, which is the only game I could think of with a German-only release:
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=26968

It mentions in the Description that it's German Only, then gives it's serial number under Part Number.

So, I guess if a game was released in more than one language, the non-English ones are mentioned under Description, and the English one under Part Number.

But if the game was only released in one language, and it's not English, then the serial is given under Part Number, while the language is specifically mentioned under Description.

And if it is English only, then they only give the serial number, again under Part Number.

So, English is sort of the default.

Thanks
    EP Points

If the games are compressed if you use the renamer tool it'll rename it to something like this and mention the languages via letter. Title [PAL-E-F-G-S-I][SCES-00000] For example.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I just tried searching for Moorhuhn, which is the only game I could think of with a German-only release:
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=26968

It mentions in the Description that it's German Only, then gives it's serial number under Part Number.

So, I guess if a game was released in more than one language, the non-English ones are mentioned under Description, and the English one under Part Number.

But if the game was only released in one language, and it's not English, then the serial is given under Part Number, while the language is specifically mentioned under Description.

And if it is English only, then they only give the serial number, again under Part Number.

So, English is sort of the default.
    oki. I'll look for thing that say exclusive then.

1.) So if the description is like this http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=27992, but it mentions the game being in a german periodical, is it still the english version or german???

2.) or if it just says No U.S. release and nothing else. is it English? http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=26915

3.) or like this, http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=26819 in the descrition it gives a whole bunch of languages and sles's and stuff, but i notice the part number is a diff serial than the ones in the description.. so I am assuming it's the English sles?? (the part number one)

Segnin please reply to each of the 3 scenario's (sorry, you just introduced me to a new database and I need to learn it completely still)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenxAstaroth View Post
    If the games are compressed if you use the renamer tool it'll rename it to something like this and mention the languages via letter. Title [PAL-E-F-G-S-I][SCES-00000] For example.
    Can that program run the renamer on partially torrented rar's? prolly not...

Thanks
    EP Points

1) The game is English.

2) Yes.
    So, it's also English.

3) That's the English serial number.

And PSX Renamer can't rename partial files.

And...come to think of it, this thread really has nothing to do with Emulation, so I'm moving it to the Trading Post.

Thanks
    EP Points

1) The game is English.

2) Yes.
    So, it's also English.

3) That's the English serial number.

And PSX Renamer can't rename partial files.

And...come to think of it, this thread really has nothing to do with Emulation, so I'm moving it to the Trading Post.
    Thanx for yur help, I think I have enough info now to compile my PAL wanted list... but keep the thread open i may stumble again just yet.

btw, it really doesn't fit the trading post either, b/c I didn't request any ISO's. I only wanted help. It doesn't bother me either way though. I care more about if my problem is solved and it was... For now...