Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I buy a Playstation 3 ???

Thanks

Default Why should I buy a Playstation 3 ???

I mean seriously, Sony's got itself quite fucked up. All the "MAJOR EXCLUSIVES" are gone (aka also being released on the 360). They screwed up the deal with GTA4 and now its going to the 360, they screwed up with Final Fantasy games, and now the latest installment is also gonna come on the 360. They also screwed up the deal with the makers of the highly anticipated "Assasin's Creed" which the company just declared they are also gonna release it on the 360. 360 this 360 that...whats sony left with....I mean come on seriously...apart from the Metal Gear Solid (which I really don't play - Snakeeater's eatin dust at my place), I don't really see any games (current and future games) that will motivate me to get a PS3.

Hell, why don't I invest my money (am poor ) in an Xbox360 ??? I might land up some exclusives like Gears of War (which am hearing a lot about) and Hal0 3 and almost 80% of the PS3 games are gonna end up on the 360

Previously, when there were PS2 and Xbox, I thought a LOT about investing my money in a console. Which one should I buy. Then I went, okay even though the PS2 is a lil slower than the Xbox, its got some really cool games and EXCLUSIVES TOO, GTA, FF games, Jak Series, GT series, WWE series etc, etc and almost 80% of the games that were getting released on the Xbox, they were there on the PS2...

But now the scales have tipped. Now am more inclined towards the 360. its 70/30 now with 70% going to the 360. Hell, its got Xbox Live too

What do you guys say ??? Got something to tip my "scales" towards the PS3 ???
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 31st-January-2007 at 01:06.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    They screwed up with Final Fantasy games, and now the latest installment is also gonna come on the 360.
    WHAT?

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats an extremly good question,
    to which I dont think theres an answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    WHAT?
    Okay my bad, am sorry about that...but I read some news on some gaming site that the Final Fantasy gamemakers have shown keen interest in the 360 and that they will be supporting that platform too and that doesn't necessarily mean FFXIII and who knows it might end up on the 360 too and its just an RPG game but does that warrant a console ? I mean yea FF games are UBER AMAZING (currently playing FFXII ) but am pretty sure it won't let me spend $600+ dollars (including the cost of a modchip and I always go for the "uber thing/version/model")
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 31st-January-2007 at 01:13.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay am sorry about that...but I read some news on some gaming site that the Final Fantasy gamemakers have shown keen interest in the 360 and that they will be supporting that platform too
    yeah with the MMO Final Fantasy's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurman View Post
    yeah with the MMO Final Fantasy's
    So what do you think its gonna stop them (FF game makers) to release that same game on the 360 ??? Its gonna end up there eventually, sooner or later, may be six months down the line...Hell I don't care

Thanks

What do you guys say ??? Got something to tip my "scales" towards the PS3 ???
    well you can buy it just for the blue ray player function . but then of course..if you've seen the news blue ray is predicted to not do that well compared to that other dvd thing, hd dvd i think? Its more expensive to produce, not as ready, blah blah.

PS3 at least has better graphics than xbox 360 right? I mean since it did come out later..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You shouldn't. Really. Wait until there are plenty of games out that justify the price, and then consider it. Until then, it's compeltely fucking pointless.

EDIT: No shucks, it doesn't. And to add insult to injury, most cross-platform titles on the PS3 end up looking the same as their 360 counterparts, but have frame-rate issues. Meh.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 31st-January-2007 at 01:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

Why should you buy a PS3? You can't! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Touche, Mr. Potatomoto, touche.

Also, I'm not planning on buying a 360 for at least a year from now, even though I really want one. Far, far too many hardware problems with that system. Every single store in my area that has a 360 on display has their system either broken or glitchy (the one at the local gamestop's controller reports as missing every two seconds, so you constantly have to re-unpause the game while playing to get rid of the "Controller 1 is not connected" screen ), and I've heard lots of things about 360s failing on home users. The 360 is showing a lot in common with first generation PS2's to me.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shucks View Post
    well you can buy it just for the blue ray player function
    Hahaha...that actually made me laugh you know. Well, to tell you the truth, am poor. I save money little by little to make my gaming fantasies come true. My family doesn't really like me playing games so they don't warrant spending uber amounts of money on gaming (1 US dollar = 50 indian rupees) so those amounts are HUGE....so I end up saving money myself....and original Blu Ray movies are costly in US so they are gonna be UBER COSTLY IN INDIA until rampant piracy starts over here just like DVDs. I can get dirt cheap malaysian DVD movies over here for almost a dollar and have got me own Sony DVD burner

So, DVDs yes....Blu-Ray or other HIGH DEF no

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    You shouldn't. Really. Wait until there are plenty of games out that justify the price, and then consider it. Until then, it's compeltely fucking pointless.

EDIT: No shucks, it doesn't. And to add insult to injury, most cross-platform titles on the PS3 end up looking the same as their 360 counterparts, but have frame-rate issues. Meh.
    EXACTLY WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT May be I should wait...but I don't know why but there is an uncontrollable itch in my hands to get myself a modified Xbox360 given the piracy has already started here in India (5 US dollars per DVD HK silver/golden ) and also the games are really really good (current as well as future)

Edit: Now that the PS3 is out, am also waiting for some gaming sites to come up with prominent "Developer Interviews" who can say which console is easier to develop with. Also, it would be great to have interviews of High Profile video game makers like Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, etc who already have SAME games for BOTH THE PLATFORMS, for example, NFS games, Assasin's Creed, etc
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 31st-January-2007 at 01:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

There is one reason [for me at least] to buy a PS3 in the future. The reason is that SNK Playmore are signed with Sony, to bring games to PlayStation Store (online) - which is enough to make me happy, happy happy. If they can only bring KOF 98 or upwards to the PS3, and have ONLINE (like on live arcade) in USA/EU, I'll be happy for the rest of my life. I'd buy a PS3 full prize in no time if this had already happened.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    There is one reason [for me at least] to buy a PS3 in the future. The reason is that SNK Playmore are signed with Sony, to bring games to PlayStation Store (online) - which is enough to make me happy, happy happy. If they can only bring KOF 98 or upwards to the PS3, and have ONLINE (like on live arcade) in USA/EU, I'll be happy for the rest of my life. I'd buy a PS3 full prize in no time if this had already happened.
    Its already been done on winkawaks with Kaillera ? I mean I am not 100% sure about KOF 98 but I played Capcom vs SNK and Metal Slug online with a few of my american friends, and it was AWESOME

Also, can't you do the same thing on the Xbox with emulators ?? (also not 100% sure - don't own an xbox )

Thanks
    EP Points

Its already been done on winkawaks with Kaillera ? I mean I am not 100% sure about KOF 98 but I played Capcom vs SNK and Metal Slug online with a few of my american friends, and it was AWESOME

Also, can't you do the same thing on the Xbox with emulators ?? (also not 100% sure - don't own an xbox )
    The lamers on Kaillera are lame. And Kaillera is lame too. and still... i play there every day . I want official stuff. With a ranking system. In other words, I want it like the games on XBLA . I dont care if I have to pay some hundred dollars.

Thanks

apart from the Metal Gear Solid (which I really don't play - Snakeeater's eatin dust at my place)
    Woah, hold it right there chief. Do yourself a favor. Go buy rent, buy, or steal the game. It is a fantastic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post

Very true. This system needs to get its' self it order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    Woah, hold it right there chief. Do yourself a favor. Go buy rent, buy, or steal the game. It is a fantastic experience.
    Is that so
    He has the game, but does not play it, so no need to get it